• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Inner Demon [T] (OOC)

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
    雷影 イチロ: If you don't think that you can commit to being a teacher, I'd rather you didn't sign up to be one. But a few players might end up having to play some of the teachers like NPCs, especially the ones teaching classes only one of our characters is taking. For example, you would possibly be in charge of the Japanese teacher.

Everyone: Here we go, guys :) Now's the chance for characters to interact and get to know one another. Friendships and... other relationships are going to be incredibly important as the RP progresses. Have fun!

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2012
    I'd be happy to be a teacher! I private messaged you, Mira, but I'm not sure if it actually got through. In any case, I'll start on my SU and if something comes up, I can simply scrap it.

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
    Years
    I've posted! There's one thing I'd like to ask, though. Are the students riding the same train from Snowpoint City to Hope Academy, or from their respective cities to Snowpoint City/Hope Academy? If it's the latter, let me know so I can change a few details in my post. ;)

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    I'm in the process of writing a post. May I suggest a link to the IC in the first post, please? d:

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
    Chirm: That's fabulous, thank you :) The teacher SUs are the same as the students with a few exceptions. You can look at Liacri's as a reference. Also, your teacher can teach more than one subject if you would like.

Saturated Hue: Considering the not-so-great situation of the world, Hope High School decided that it would be best to only have one decent entrance to the school. Everyone's on one train, which is convenient for meeting people.

Skymin: Haha, alright. I'll do that now.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2012
    Name
    Dr. Ivan Adler

Appearance

Spoiler:

Ivan stands at roughly 6'5" and weighs 230 lbs or so. A towering man with broad shoulders and limbs that might remind one of small tree trunks, he has no need of the sturdy black cane he carries around. His light grey hair is fairly short and excludes the top of his head, which has become completely bald. His sideburns reach down into a rugged beard that constitutes the majority of his hair. His eyebrows are dark and bristly like those of a crested penguin. He has big blue eyes, sharp ears, and a strong jaw.

Adler prefers to take advantage of the school's nice weather by wearing polos, cargo shorts, and sandals. He used to hide his baldness with a baseball cap, but doesn't care much anymore. He just compensates with sunscreen.

History

When Ivan was a 33-year-old Pokémon researcher, he married a woman named Lilly atop Village Bridge in Unova. Five months later, she left him and disappeared to some other region. The separation occurred shortly after a trip to the doctor's revealed that Ivan was sterile. I begin the account of this man's life here because this moment marked the birth of Ivan Adler as he is now.

The news that Ivan would never conceive a child was not greeted acceptingly. He had imagined all his life that he would teach not one but several children to appreciate the wonders that the world still held—the wonders that he knew the younger generation shunned with all their might. This was a man who had plans for his kids. He had visions of them—the kids who would never come to be. Faced with this undeniable truth, his mind quickly broke down and he became deeply depressed. The dark state he fell into drove his beloved wife away, but he could only think that she left him because of his sterility.

As time went on, and things became bleaker and bleaker, Ivan turned inward to find resolve. He realized, slowly, that he despised himself not for his inability to have children but for his emotional weakness. As if to transform himself in an instant, Ivan set his mind to training and studying Pokémon. An irrefutably brilliant man, he quickly regained his affinity for Pokémon and was launched into academic fame.

A number of years later, his reputation secured him a position as a professor at Hope High School, which he gladly accepted.

Schedule
    Homeroom
    1st period: Free/Prep period
    2nd period: Free/Prep period
    Lunch
    3rd period: Free/Prep period
    4th period: Battling 101

Pokémon
    Beau
    Inner Demon [T] (OOC)

RP Sample

Spoiler:

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
    Chirm: Thanks for taking the position :) You are accepted and may either wait until the students arrive at the school, or have your character be riding along on the train as a chaperone.

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
    Sorry. Elizabeth's not particularly fond of most people ^.^' She might relax a bit as things progress... maybe.

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    I think Kieran is better suited for Atom. Cody is too ugly for Kieran. We can't have him lowering his standards.

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
    Ah. Fixed mah post Raikiri. Thanks for letting me know and moving so Soul could sit down. :3 Next time I plan on not writing that at 5 am and drunk xD

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
    No problem-o. But yes, usually posting drunk does not work XD. I haven't tried it yet. I plan to though. I feel left out of the party D:.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Okay, first off, apologies for not posting this any sooner. But yeah, I have been really busy studying for exams PLUS I seem to have lost inspiration to write ;~; I wrote this at like 3:30 am... so it's probably not going to be really good, but it's worth a shot, I guess.

Name: Terrance 'Terry' Peterson

Appearance: The first thought that comes to mind when one notices Terrance is 'huge'. At his full height, he stands at a little over 6'5", but with a slouch one could easily guess he is a bit shorter than that. He weighs about 240 lbs., though one could hardly call him (and probably wouldn't even dare) to call him fat, due to his well toned body. Terrance has the strong physique which mostly consists of bulky muscles in his arms and legs which makes him seem like a 24 year old athlete rather than a 17 year old student. Scars dot his perfectly shaped body, due to so many fights out on the street. Terrance has bronze colored skin, which was originally pale but was turned to this color due to a tan. His light blue eyes are deeply set in his face, with faint dark circles under them. His dark brown hair is usually long and unkempt, covering his eyes. For facial hair, he usually steers clear of it, but for now there is a faint trace of a goatee on chin. He has small spots all over his face, which he doesn't really care about. His nose is rather long and pointed, and set rather low on his comparatively big, oval face.

His features aren't what most would describe as attractive or handsome, but what he loses in attractiveness, he makes up in his overall body build. His features can be best described as mature and serious, as those are some of the only expressions that he ever has on his face. Terrance almost never smiles with glee, one could say, most of his laughs come from insults or sarcastic jabs at others. His huge, rough hands are perfect for weightlifting, which is a hobby of his. His nails are cracked, and his knuckles are very rough and have scabs on them because of the numerous fights and training he goes through. He has long legs fit for running and sprinting for long distances. Terrance has broad, flat feet, which people would make fun of if he didn't smack them with a kick.

His wardrobe mainly consists of dark clothes, usually black, or deep blue. He simply doesn't care about 'fashion' or 'trends', and will mostly wear clothes that are comfortable and give him a tough, intimidating look. Mostly, you'll see him wearing a ripped t-shirt with a skull design on it, along with black ripped pants. One article of clothing he'll probably never remove is a rugged black leather jacket which had been a gift from his brother. His black shoes are worn and old, probably because Terrance never bothered about them and took the pain to replace them. He wears blue fingerless gloves on his hands.

As for accessories, he doesn't have many. He wears a small silver ring on the ring ringer of his left hand, which is not at all considered charming by anybody. He wears a small pendant too, in memory of his mother whom he left behind. He can occasionally be seen sporting a red baseball cap, which can be described as fairly old. He has a few tattoos here and there on his body, the most notable one being a winged demon on the biceps of his left arm.

Personality: This is kinda new... I guess I'll leave it, then.

History: As a kid, Terrance was perfectly described as 'the kids with the issues'. Born into a family which had been a victim of the economic crisis caused by the war, Terrance had always been made to fight for himself the hard way. He had been born in the suburbs of Jubilife city, which had been the prime center of jobs with low wages in such a dark age. His father worked as a clerk in one of the large medicine companies, and his job was almost always at risk of being handed over to somebody else.

About 2 years after Terrance's birth, his younger brother was welcomed into the world. His brother was the closest thing he had to a friend for many years to come, but for his parents, he was just another burden. Already battling hard to take care of Terrance himself, they found it near impossible to look after another member of the family, but they just couldn't let go of their child so easily.

When Terrance was about 3 years old, his father was sacked and his job was handed to someone else. Depressed, and fed up of life, his father proceeded to go ahead and sign up for the army despite a lot of opposition from his wife. But eventually, even she was convinced after they found out that there was no other choice, and Terrance's father left for the army. So, for a majority of his childhood, he and his brother were left without a father, who would occasionally drop by for quick visits.

Due to Terrance's poverty, neither he nor his younger brother ever got a proper education. They were forced to study in lower class poor schools, where education was never good enough. Every day, both the siblings would notice rich children go to upper class schools, hang out in cars and do other such activities. It was at this point that both the siblings developed their different personalities. On one hand, Terrance's brother wanted to work hard and strive to become rich, on the other hand, Terrance grew sick of life, feeling angry how they had been treated unfairly.

These few years turned out to be fairly crucial for them both, as their personalities shaped during this period. Terrance grew more and more antisocial, violent, and short tempered, while his brother became more calm, hard working and gentle. At the age of 13, Terrance started to rebel against his mother, refusing to go to school anymore. Both his mother and brother tried to talk some sense into him, but he was stubborn, not listening to anybody at all.

As if the internal family conflicts weren't enough, Terrance's family was rocked by the news of his father's death as well. He had been killed in action, in a small gunfight in the ongoing war. With nobody to provide financial support now, Terrance took it up as his duty to earn some money and provide his brother some quality education. Unfortunately, the method he took up was... not so legal and perfect.

At the age of 15, Terrance, already growing into a violent, disturbed child with an extremely short temper, decided to go the dark way and join a gang of children from the suburbs who used to illegally sell goods. He stayed with them for a few months, slowing gaining the trust of the leader and eventually made his way towards the right hand man of the leader. Being in this kind of business was dangerous, due to the war, the demand was quite high, but the price and competition from other people always caused complications. His mother strongly opposed this career, but unfortunately, at that time, that was the only method of getting money. Also, for some strange reason, Terrance seemed to be satisfied with this violent job. He loved it the most when he had to hurt or fight somebody.

Soon though, his luck ran out and he had his first close encounter with death. After a job went horribly wrong, Terrance had been seriously injured, and admitted to the hospital. During his stay there, Terrance's mother finally put her foot down, and restricted Terrance from pursuing that career ever again. But he had already been transformed into a bloodthirsty monster of sorts, as he wanted to get into a similar job. So, he ran away from home, and joined the army in the war, taking his father's place in the ranks.

He avoided contact with his family for the time being, and sent them the money he got from his job. About a year later, when he was 16, about to turn 17, he returned back home to his family, to find another job. When he came back home, he discovered that his brother had been killed by his old gang, because Terrance had abandoned them, and all that was left of his family was his mother.

Filled with pure rage upon discovering this, Terrance immediately left his home to get his revenge. One by one, he brutally murdered his former 'friends', gaining power after each kill. As the fear levels kept increasing within the gang because of Terrance's return, Terrance kept on absorbing their fear, fueling his own power and murdering each victim much more violently than the last. After the carnage had ended, he had escaped back home to his mother. He had been caught by the police later on, but after spending a chunk of their saved money on bail, he was finally released after a few days of imprisonment. What had helped him was blaming most of the deaths on the rival gangs.

By this time, he had become cold, calculating and crueler than ever before. The power he had obtained from the fear of his victims had made him desire power more than ever, and even find pleasure in violence. The fear of others had become equivalent to drugs for him, as he got addicted to the power he got from this fear, and wanted to keep feeding on it.

Upon his release, his mother told Terrance about the letter that had arrived from Hope Academy. At first, Terrance had opposed the decision of leaving, but after repeated attempts by his mother and telling him how it was his brother's last wish, Terrance finally agreed to leave for this advance Academy.

Negative Trait: Cruelty. Terrance is cruel and heartless in getting whatever he wants and getting done his way. He won't hesitate in hurting somebody else, and finds pleasure in the pain of others.

Power: Fear Empowerment. Terrance is capable of sensing fear in the people around him, and fueling his own powers with that ability. He is only able to draw power from the fear of other people only, and not himself. In his current state, he is barely able to detect fear properly, and is only able to detect it when the person is extremely scared. As for his ability to draw power as of now, he is not able to fully control this ability of his as he can barely create a connection with his victim to draw upon power.

Schedule:
    Homeroom
    1st period: Core 1
    2nd period: English
    Lunch
    3rd period: History/Mythology (a required class for all Hope High School students)
    4th period: Battling 101​

Pokemon:
    Inner Demon [T] (OOC)

Name: Richard
    Species: Beldum
    Personality: Richard was a pokemon provided to Terrance by the academy itself. His behavior is almost opposite to that of Terrance, he is calm, gentle, and typically non violent. Which is probably why Terrance named him after his brother, because his Beldum reminds him of his brother so much.

RP Sample:
    Spoiler:

Okay, so done. Phew. Anyways, tell me if anything needs to be changed.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    i don't mean to nag....

but his inner demon sounds too close to mira's and his power too close to atom's (werewolfism based on his anger and mood) O:

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    i don't mean to nag....

but his inner demon sounds too close to mira's and his power too close to atom's (werewolfism based on his anger and mood) O:

...AHHHHH CRAP.

Sorry bout that, really. I just read through both SUs, and yes, I do see the similarities now. I hadn't read through the SUs so I really didn't know ;~;. Apologies for that. I'll edit the history, ability and negative trait, although I probably won't be moving away from the violent kid aspect of Terrance. I've had this character in my mind for quite some time now, but since he seems to be similar to others I'll give him a few edits xD

Back