• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Inserting Tiles from Rom Base

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2024
    I attempted to ask for solution to this problem on the Quick Questions thread but it seems that I have either over or under estimated the scale of this problem.

I have recently found Neti's Frozen Rom Base which looks perfect for an area of a rom hack I am currently trying to make on Fire Red. The download contains an Ips patch which overwrites tileset 0 which is the last thing I want to do. Also in the download there are resources that include files for A-Map. Palette replacing files, Pal(0-7).pal and Tileset0.pal. A tileset0.bvd and tileset0.dib. I have found all the uses for these files in A-Map and in A-Map the map I have created with these tiles fully inserted into a different tileset (I replaced 43, the power plant) look perfect. But then I enter the game and I get a horribly incorrect palettes by the look of it.

So, basically is it possible to use these resources to replace tileset 43, and have it work in game?

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2024
    Well, at first I thought it was only the snow tiles, but it appears that all outside map's tiles are messed up in game.

EDIT: Sorry that was wrong, I was an idiot and kept the map connections. All outside map tiles appear correctly. The snow tiles appear horribly.

Here are the images of the snow tiles, First is the in-game view the second is the amap view.
    Inserting Tiles from Rom Base

Inserting Tiles from Rom Base

Last edited:
    Back