• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Internal Battery

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2007
    Hey, that's what happened when someone on the internet cloned in Emerald!! So the save file is never deleted . . . YOu can just change the battery when this happens, just like I did at Silver, but I don't have to worry anymore.
    Then what about D/P? Someone said he had played about 200 hours and lost his save file.

he must have presed button secuence that deleted it there is a boutton secence and i have 312:16 hours of play time on mine

and my brother has 400 somthing about to hav 500 hes a real game geek

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    Ok, I will wait and see what happens to my games. I have a lot of items at Ruby 30rare candy, 30PP ups and almost 200 super potions, but if the battery runs dry I can trade over my pokemon to E and see if the save file is deleted when I change battery to a new one.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Sorry to hear that Te-em. Does anyone know if you leave it on in the SP and charge it for 100+ hours, it recharges the internal battery? I read about this on an official website...Serebii forums...

Is that really true? I seriously doubt that though. Depending on which internal battery you're talking about for starters. Plus, 100+ hours is a dreadfully long time which prompts this suspicion.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    NES games like Zelda and Final Fantasy you recharge the battery while you play the games. My Zelda's battery runs out after just a week and then the save file disappears. My FF save file can last for month wihtout me playing te game.
    I suppose it doesn't work that way for the pokemon games, and I don't think you can charge your SP to charge the battery. If so you would probably have to turn the power on so that the internal battery of the game is charged too.

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    No i dont think so, plus DS cartridges should have longer lasting batteries then a gba cart. It doesnt matter who much you play, its matters how long you have it, i think.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    Yes, but probably you would have to not play the game at least 10 years to have the battery run out that way. But I don't think you can charge it with your SP. I don't know so much about the internal battery, but even if you charge it while playing the game, even rechargable batteries stops working after a while. Still, I don't understand why the save file of R/S/E is not deleted when the battery runs out, like in S/G/C. You're save file is stored in the internal battery, is it not?

Does the DS cartridges have longer aster batteries even if their much smaller. And it depends on how much you save and load the game. At least I know that.
    Probably my Silver verison battery ran out because of all that cloning (loading, loading, loading...) And moving pkmn in the box (saving, saving, saving...). In new games it does not save when you move in the box.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2008
    Yes, but probably you would have to not play the game at least 10 years to have the battery run out that way. But I don't think you can charge it with your SP. I don't know so much about the internal battery, but even if you charge it while playing the game, even rechargable batteries stops working after a while. Still, I don't understand why the save file of R/S/E is not deleted when the battery runs out, like in S/G/C. You're save file is stored in the internal battery, is it not?

Does the DS cartridges have longer aster batteries even if their much smaller. And it depends on how much you save and load the game. At least I know that.
    Probably my Silver verison battery ran out because of all that cloning (loading, loading, loading...) And moving pkmn in the box (saving, saving, saving...). In new games it does not save when you move in the box.

Really? I heard the new DS games don't have any internal batteries in their cartridges and can last pretty much forever. is that true?

vizforte

The Memoriam.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2009
    Yeah possibly, but not for a long time, i just cant see why my G/S/C game saves die out first, while in my R/B/Y versions still has my old game saves. Maybe the time functions in gold silver crystal die out faster. meh.

The fact that even while not playing GSC, had the same battery as RBY, but had a clock, and day and night time to keep track of, along side all pokemon stats and what not. I think the battery gets used up quicker. RBY, will probably outlive even RSE. LOL. For the simple fact all it does is nothing while its turned off. Everything since GSC do. I heard that DP don't use batteries, which is cool. So that will be a safe solution later on to store pokemon until they comeout with Pokemon WiiBox. lol

ChrisG14

I'm back baby!
    Years
    I think that the internal batteries won't run out for a while, at least in Emerald. It came out only 2 years ago, so I think it has a while before it goes, but I can't say the same for Ruby and Sapphire.

But if you play for like, 300 or so hours, the battery goes out quicker.

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    Hmm, then there must be something defective with G/S/C's flash memory, cause it losses the data anyways 0_0

m

Pokemon Rule. Simply Put.
    Years
    I tried the 100+ hour recharge SP thing, and it worked! I can now save, but I dont know how long it lasts, and it also said you have to erase your current adventure first.

I dont know why my thread has a rating when it was just a simple question...And since it does have a rating for my question, why is it a bad one lol.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    I don't think it's a good idea to charge you SP battery for so long, maybe it will be worn out.
    In D/P the clock is controlled by your NDS so it's not like G/S/C, is it? FR/LG has a clock too, hasn't it? oh no . . .

Years
    1. The internal battery for R/S runs out after you play for more than a year. I think it remains that way until you trade from Pokemon XD, FR/LG, or possibly Emerald, but I'm not really sure about that. Or you can send it back to Nintendo and they might be able to fix the berry glitch but I'm not sure. You can still play the game normally but you won't be able to grow berries or participate in time-based certain events.

2. Leaving your SP in the charger won't do anything to your saved game. It just recharges the SP.

3. My Red version still saves perfectly, but my Silver can't keep a saved file for more than a minute. I believe it has something to do with the in-game clock and the day/night mode.

m

Pokemon Rule. Simply Put.
    Years
    2. Leaving your SP in the charger won't do anything to your saved game. It just recharges the SP.

Umm yes it recharges the SP but it allowed me to save again also. Check the Serebii forums if you think im lying. I didnt say it always works, and I didnt say it would keep your save game for 6 more years, I just said it allowed me to click "Continue" after I saved.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    I have also heard about that when you have played R/S/E for more than a year. I still don't understand how your save file can last if there is no battery working. I have seen some videos of cloning in E and when he reseted the game it said: 'batteries run dry and time based events will not work' or something like that. I thought the cloning had caused it and did not dare to try the clone glitch, but it's probably just because he had played so much.
    About S/G/C crystal, I sent my both silvers to a game shop and they changed the old batteries for new ones and I can save again.

Back