• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Internal Battery

Years
    I have also heard about that when you have played R/S/E for more than a year. I still don't understand how your save file can last if there is no battery working. I have seen some videos of cloning in E and when he reseted the game it said: 'batteries run dry and time based events will not work' or something like that. I thought the cloning had caused it and did not dare to try the clone glitch, but it's probably just because he had played so much.
    The message says "Your internal battery has run dry. You can still play the game, but time-based events will no longer occur." I know because my Sapphire has this problem. Which means the game will still save, but clock-based events (berry growth, rocket launch, tides) won't work because the clock doesn't work.
    Umm yes it recharges the SP but it allowed me to save again also. Check the Serebii forums if you think im lying. I didnt say it always works, and I didnt say it would keep your save game for 6 more years, I just said it allowed me to click "Continue" after I saved.
    Which Pokemon game are you talikng about? If you're talking about RSE, then your game will save, even if the internal battery is dead. If you're talking about GSC, then I don't believe you and I think you're lying, although I'll have to test it out with my Silver.

m

Pokemon Rule. Simply Put.
    Years
    The message says "Your internal battery has run dry. You can still play the game, but time-based events will no longer occur." I know because my Sapphire has this problem. Which means the game will still save, but clock-based events (berry growth, rocket launch, tides) won't work because the clock doesn't work.
    Which Pokemon game are you talikng about? If you're talking about RSE, then your game will save, even if the internal battery is dead. If you're talking about GSC, then I don't believe you and I think you're lying, although I'll have to test it out with my Silver.

GSC, and I dont care if anyone thinks im lying, all I know is that it does work, it said you still have to erase your adventure and set your preferences though. It may not work with all games, depending on how you do it, look on Serebii forums about the internal battery, and it says it. Call me a lier, im not gonna start a big war over this just because im telling the truth, and you wont believe me. And no, im not a noob looking for attention.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    When you have played in 999:99 hours or something like that the time counter starts from 0 again. Does this affect the battery or do you have to play a year; don't know how many hours a year is though. I have only played 125 hours on my Ruby and someone played over 600 hours. I'm glad there is still much time for me to play before I have to get a new battery. I don't want to play without the time based events not working.

GrayLuna

Years
    yea it would really suck to not be able to play with the time based events does this also mean that you wouldent be able to make eevee evolve into umbreon and espeon

Back