• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Invincible and Legendary~ *Dragon-Type Pokemon Fan Club*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tek

Years
  • What type do you NOT want to see be paired with Dragon in the future?

Honestly, I can't imagine a new pairing that I wouldn't like. It would still be a Dragon, and I would still probably use it.

But I do like my Dragons better when they aren't Flying-type. I think it makes for a tough Flying Pokémon, but a weaker Dragon - at least when considering type matchups in battle.

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Years
  • Everyone has been added to the list and we're done. This recent outbreak of new members joining the club has really made me happy! How about we go on this topic:

Is there any Dragon Pokemon you wish didn't exist?
    Since the topic is highly controversial, I hope you read the rules and don't harass other members about their choices!
    Feel free to express your views but you better not target Altaria! :P

Sapphire Dragon

Let go of the scars that define you.
    Years
  • Garchomp is a land shark, not a dragon, silly gamefreak~

But yeah, I think his typing would be much better as something like Dark/Ground, not Dragon/Ground.

Also, Mega Sceptile is an awesome concept, but the design... looks nothing like a dragon? I mean, I don't know what I was really expecting but I think the missile tail kind of killed it for me. I get the whole detaching its tail thing (goodness knows I've caught enough lizards in my life to know it well) but it just seemed... off somehow. Maybe I'm just complaining more that it's supposed to be a dragon but really just seems to be an awesome lizard. Not the same thing.

And again, no hate on anything about Mega Sceptile, it's just that its design surprised me considering that it got the acclaimed Dragon typing.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I agree with above; Mega-Sceptile doesn't exactly look like a dragon. Well, it does, in some way, but its body structure doesn't exactly scream that. If it were bigger, I'm sure it would've been more accepted among fans (personally, I don't have much to complain about; speaking for others).

Aside from that, I'm not much big of a Mega-Charizard X fan. It plays very well competitively, and its design isn't too bad, either, but what ruins this Pokémon for me is its color-scheme. If it weren't black and blue, I'm sure it would've looked a lot more natural.

Sapphire Dragon

Let go of the scars that define you.
    Years
  • Ah, I'm the exact opposite on Mega Charizard X. :) I love him because of his color scheme. Blue/black is one of my favorite color pairs to see, wear, or just have in some way. Plus I like the idea that blue fire is somehow hotter than red fire (alluded to in Blue Flare being Reshiram's ultimate move, and blue stars being hotter than red ones). Though, with that idea, it should've been Mega Charizard Y who got black/blue since he's the one focused on fire moves. Haha.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Is there any Dragon Pokemon you wish didn't exist?

Goodra. Sorry, I just think it's the goofiest thing in the world and doesn't belong to be a Pseudo-legendary. I'm not the biggest fan of Druddigon either, but Goodra takes the cake for sure.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Aw, but I actually like Goodra; it's adorable! It doesn't quite look like a dragon-type, though. To me, it seems to be more like some fairy. I personally haven't used it while battling, so am not very sure how good it is in that regard.

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Years
  • I agree with Goodra. I don't particularly like the whole family itself! They are all very cute to be Dragons! A Dragon is supposed to be fierce not cute! But it's still a great Pokemon if you're up for a cute one.

I like Mega Charizard X though, with it's color combinations and all.

My opinion would be that the Pokemon released by GameFreak are almost naturally accepted by people with the coming of a new generation, That said:

Which is your favorite Dragon Pokemon from R/S/E ?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Salamence is my favorite Gen 3 Dragon. Those red wings are cool, and its not bad in battle even though it struggles vs Fairies. Flygon's a wannabe Garchomp, and sorry Dragon_Trainer, but Altaria just never seemed like a Dragon to me.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Flygon takes the cake. Originally it was Salamence, which was my favorite Dragon-type, but since then I've taken more of a liking to Flygon (and Garchomp is now my favorite). Personally, I like it's design better. It's definitely not going to stand up to Salamence in battle (correct me if I'm wrong competitive gurus :P ), but it can hold its own in battle otherwise and has a very good movepool to do so. I really hope they give it a Mega Evolution because it could use one for sure.

Years
  • Well I do love me my Dragon-type Pokémon, so I sure would like to join if that's fine with the owner.

Username: Stargazer
    Do you want a nickname? If yes then your chosen nickname: N/A
    Favorite Dragon type/Dragon Pokemon: Hydreigon
    Reason for joining club: Because Dragon-types have awesome designs and usability. Even despite Fairy-types nerfing them, I like them for the fact that they're still powerful for what they do.
    Answer to any one of the current topics: My favorite Dragon from Generation III is Salamence. It evolves from a Pokémon that has wanted to fly all its life, and it can do quite a bit, with Dragon Dance, Moxie, and mixed sets, even if it was better in the DS era than in XY.

Hope this works for you! Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Which is your favorite Dragon Pokémon from R/S/E?
    Definitely Salamence. Its power is heavy, which did cause it to be banned for a good amount of while, but nonetheless, it still does make this Pokémon easier to use. I've had it on my team plenty of times before (in-game and competitively), and was satisfied every time. Have it use Dragon Dance, and you're all set for sweeping! If it's got Moxie ability, then even better; you'd be raising your Attack stat every time you take down an opponent, making it even more easy to sweep.

Alongside, I'm also quite a huge fan of Flygon. It's very speedy, so in most cases, you'd be striking first so long as you use this Pokémon. Only down-side is its defenses; if they were a little larger, I'm sure people would've liked it better.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Do you want a nickname? If yes then your chosen nickname: Kimi
    Favorite Dragon type/Dragon Pokemon: Flygon. <3
    Reason for joining club: I love Dragon type pokemon. They are like, my most favorite pokemon of all. <3
    What made you love Dragon Pokemon?: I just love their beauty. I've always been a huge fan of dragons alone outside of pokemon as well. So, that just made love dragon pokemon even more.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Welcome to dragon-type club, Kimi. Flygon is a nice choice; as I said in my previous post, I like it a lot! Personally, would scream if they decide to give it some mega-form in ORAS; it's native to Hoenn, I believe, so this would be the perfect time. I'm not really sure how its stats would be, but in-design, perhaps they could make it seem more slim? It'd be resembling Rayquaza, but only with wings, arms, legs, and shorter body. To make it look more fierce, maybe they could make its eyes a bit smaller.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I like MegaTaria the most of the three new megas revealed. Which is funny, considering I never liked Altaria much before, but now I'm tempted to use one sometime. That Dragon/Fairy typing is cool and useful, and it even gets Pixilated Hyper Voices now. Plus it has some other good moves like Heal Bell and Cotton Guard.

I don't like MegaMence's design much, though it does look vaguely like a Protoss Tempest. I'm curious to see what it's stat increases are, because Salamence kinda fell from grace in X/Y and if it's stats get boosted right, it may become viable again in OU. Not sure if Aerialate will help it or not....

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Mega-Salamence is looking great, really; I'm very much fond of how it loses so much weight. Dragon-types do look strong when they're bulky, but when they're not, they seem more... fierce, I suppose? That's definitely a good thing. Have no idea what ability it might wind up getting or what its stats are, but as far as latter goes, I'd like to see it gain some boost in Speed, maybe (especially considering its slimmer size), as well as Attack. As for former, almost anything would be okay, so long as it fits.

Mega-Altaria looks super adorable! The Pokémon's got so much fluff, that it wants to make me jump onto its wings and take some nap. It's got Pixilate ability, or so I've heard, which is great; with this, it would be able to take better advantage of Hyper Voice and other moves of the like.

Unfortunately, Smogon is already planning on a ban for Mega-Altaria, but I hope it doesn't actually go through. In general, this Pokémon's very underrated, and now it's finally getting some chance to shine. Seeing that taken away, if you ask me, would be depressing. Very, very depressing. Also, I'm sure there are plenty of others out there that might feel the same, exact way.

Years
  • I heard about both Mega dragons. Salamence might change with Hyper Voice turning into a Special based attack that'd have massive power (certainly helps that Hyper Voice bypasses Substitutes!), but it'd be crazy if Mega Altaria gets banned, I mean we haven't even seen the stats of these things yet :P A Mega Evolution is surely what that thing needed.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • How can they ban a Pokémon that technically doesn't even exist yet? We don't even know it's capabilities yet. Smogon needs to sit down and chill out.

As for my reactions, Altaria gets poofier and Salamence turns into a spaceship/futuristic jet. Not super impressed with either of them, but Salamence looks the most appealing. I'm still disappointed that Flygon isn't getting a Mega Evolution (so far), it definitely needed it more than Salamence.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back