• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Invincible and Legendary~ *Dragon-Type Pokemon Fan Club*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Unfortunately, Smogon is already planning on a ban for Mega-Altaria, but I hope it doesn't actually go through. In general, this Pokémon's very underrated, and now it's finally getting some chance to shine. Seeing that taken away, if you ask me, would be depressing. Very, very depressing. Also, I'm sure there are plenty of others out there that might feel the same, exact way.
    Wait, what? Smogon's already planning to ban MegaTaria? No way. It's far too early for that, not to mention we have enough bans already this gen.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Wait, what? Smogon's already planning to ban MegaTaria? No way. It's far too early for that, not to mention we have enough bans already this gen.

Indeed. Well, at least that's what I've heard. I suppose they're judging it from its ability, immunity, resistances, and weaknesses. Apparently, it has a lot of resistances.

223mile

223mile
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2015
    Username:223mile
    Do you want a nickname? If yes then your chosen nickname:Mile

1. What made you love Dragon Pokemon:They are awesome and strong
    2. Your first Dragon Pokemon:Dratini
    3. Your favorite Dragon type user:Lance
    4. Your favorite Dragon type move:its outrage
    5. Which generation had best Dragon type Pokemon: Gen 5
    6. Would you like Dragon type starters? If yes, which one would you start with?
    Yes and i want dratini or gible as a starter

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Welcome to the club, Mile! Yeah, I'm a pretty huge fan of Outrage, too. It might cause confusion at the end, but that's definitely worth it; this move is very powerful, and you'd be able to take down nearly half of your opponent's team with it. You could be blocked if your foe has steel, rock, or any other type of Pokémon that are able to wall dragon attacks, but if they don't, results are quite the contrary.

Tek

Years
  • So it looks like we're getting Mega Salamence and Mega Altaria in OR/AS, what do you all think of this?

Still wish it was Flygon.

Ya ima be ticked if Flygon doesn't get a Mega while the other two do.

Altaria's Mega is amazing. We will now have a dragon that's immune to Dragon-type moves.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Ya ima be ticked if Flygon doesn't get a Mega while the other two do.

Altaria's Mega is amazing. We will now have a dragon that's immune to Dragon-type moves.

Oooooh...so it makes a little more sense that it would be banned. It's already most likely going to have stellar defenses like it already does, and an immunity to a former weakness makes it insane, so perhaps they aren't jumping too far ahead. I still think they should wait till it's release, though.

Then again what do I know I don't competitive battle

Tek

Years
  • Oooooh...so it makes a little more sense that it would be banned. It's already most likely going to have stellar defenses like it already does, and an immunity to a former weakness makes it insane, so perhaps they aren't jumping too far ahead. I still think they should wait till it's release, though.

Then again what do I know I don't competitive battle

I think they're probably getting ahead of themselves too. Mega Altaria is weak to Steel, Poison, Fairy, and Ice. So let's see, Crobat, Beartic, Politoed, Abomasnow, Aegislash... yeah I'm not buying the story that this thing will be game-breaking. Might be different when we see its stats, but for now I don't see the justification for a ban.

Not that I care very much since I'm not a devout Smogonite

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Hey everybody! i would like to join the club soo.....

Username: StarGround16
    Do you want a nickname? If yes then your chosen nickname: Star
    Favorite Dragon type/Dragon Pokemon: Shiny Flygon
    Reason for joining club: Dragon type is my second favorite type!
    Answer to any one of the current topics: 2. Your first Dragon Pokemon. My first dragon type pokemon was gible in gen. 4

Flygon takes the cake. Originally it was Salamence, which was my favorite Dragon-type, but since then I've taken more of a liking to Flygon (and Garchomp is now my favorite). Personally, I like it's design better. It's definitely not going to stand up to Salamence in battle (correct me if I'm wrong competitive gurus :P ), but it can hold its own in battle otherwise and has a very good movepool to do so. I really hope they give it a Mega Evolution because it could use one for sure.
    Salamence also use to be my favorite before i saw flygon. FLygon really is one of the coolest looking pokemon. I also like it since it is a ground type. I mean look at my profile picture! HAHA!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I think they're probably getting ahead of themselves too. Mega Altaria is weak to Steel, Poison, Fairy, and Ice. So let's see, Crobat, Beartic, Politoed, Abomasnow, Aegislash... yeah I'm not buying the story that this thing will be game-breaking. Might be different when we see its stats, but for now I don't see the justification for a ban.

Not that I care very much since I'm not a devout Smogonite

It's weak to a lot of Pokémon out there. Though, I suppose one, big thing they might be concerned about is it being eligible to learn Roost, Dragon Dance, Cotton Guard, and other moves of the like. With combination of those three attacks, I could imagine Altaria to be sort of tough to go up against. If you have Taunt, however, then it shouldn't be any problem, hopefully.

Years
  • Username: ShadowSquirtle.
    Do you want a nickname? If yes your chosen nickname: Wolverine.
    Favourite Dragon type/Dragon pokemon: Rayquaza.
    Reason for joining club: Dragon pokemon are the epitome of strength and elegance.
    Answer to any one of current topics: 2. First dragon pokemon was Dratini and 4. Dragon move would be Draco Meteor.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Welcome to dragon-type fan club, Shadow! Yeah, Rayquaza's got to be one of my favorites as well. Have met this Pokémon for the first time in Ruby version, and fell in love ever since; its design is simply fierce, and also plays quite well when battling. Competitively, it's indeed banned, which is more than understandable, but it does have its own tier—ubers—and in that, it performs beautifully. I'm not sure if there will ever be any other legendary like this one. It's one-of-a-kind.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Rayquaza is a beast. Absolutely needs to have a primary role in OR/AS not matter what. Also, Draco Meteor is a pretty awesome move, I'm just not a fan of stat lowering moves.

Years
  • Rayquaza is pretty cool to me, that gigantic dragon snake has a lot of versatility, although after you catch it in RS there's like nothing to do afterward. It was fun having it return in HGSS, but what you had to go through to get it wasn't very fun. But that Dragon Dance + 120 power physical Outrage makes it worth it!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Groudon and Kyogre are getting primal-forms in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, apparently, so I wonder if Rayquaza will be getting one, too? I sure do hope so; they're all equal, for most part, so if you ask me, I feel that they should be treated as such. Either that, or a mega-evolution form will do. Anything to keep them on the same page, really! Personally, I'd like it to be former, since it's sort of a new system, even though it's just a variant of latter.

Years
  • Groudon and Kyogre are getting primal-forms in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, apparently, so I wonder if Rayquaza will be getting one, too? I sure do hope so; they're all equal, for most part, so if you ask me, I feel that they should be treated as such. Either that, or a mega-evolution form will do. Anything to keep them on the same page, really! Personally, I'd like it to be former, since it's sort of a new system, even though it's just a variant of latter.

I would love to see a mega-evolution of Rayquaza.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't see why Rayquaza wouldn't get a Primal form. It'd be kinda ridiculous for it not to.

Also, shiny Rayquaza is cool looking.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I've never seen a shiny Rayquaza, I feel like I'm missing out on something amazing....
    Shiny Rayquaza looks like this:

384.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back