• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Invincible and Legendary~ *Dragon-Type Pokemon Fan Club*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Maybe the hack doesn't have all the Pokemon in the same places? We all assumed that you were playing on vanilla Platinum.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    I'm gonna assume the hack doesn't have the same Pokémon unless you're in the wrong cave, there's no way you'd have gone this long without finding it. I remember getting it rather quickly actually.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    On encountering a Dragon type for the first time in your first Pokémon game, what was your reaction?

"How the heck do I beat this thing?" Really, I had no idea what it was weak to, and being 8 years old, I didn't know to use the internet or any of that to look it up :P

Tek

Years
    Well, my first encounter with a Dragon-type would have been with Lance's Dragonite at the Indigo League, Red Version, ca. 1999.

Honestly, it was so long ago I don't remember much about it, except that I relied on either sleep or paralysis to get the win. It was definitely a tough battle for a rookie trainer!

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    On encountering a Dragon type for the first time in your first Pokémon game, what was your reaction?

The first dragon type I remember encountering would of been Cynthia's Garchomp in Platinum. I was 8 at the time and my first thought was "oh this thing looks like a ground shark" so I assumed it was ground. At this stage of the game I had finally understood that water was like the paper to ground so I automatically went for Surf. But I didn't see the super effective message. So my next thought was "alright this thing looks scary like a dragon" but the problem was, I didn't know what beat a dragon. After all, there was no sword type to the best of my knowledge. So after a lot of trial and error and dying to Cynthia about 10 times, I had finally concluded that Ice was the best choice. Now the next problem arose.

Alright so I had Ice Beam. Great, lets murder it in two shots, this should be easy right? The problem was that my only Pokemon with Ice Beam was Empoleon. And this Garchomp was much faster than a waddling penguin who got one shotted by earthquake. But da da daaaa, after 20 more failed battles, it finally used Dragon Rush. (thank god for machine-controlled pokemon) It only took a tiny chunk out of my health so I was able to get an Ice Beam in which froze it. And boom, RIP Garchomp. :)

AxeBeard McBeardAxe

Jarl of the PokeCommunity
    Years
    Username: AxeBeard McBeardAxe
    Do you want a nickname? If yes then your chosen nickname: nah, AxeBeard is plenty fine
    Favorite Dragon type/Dragon Pokemon: Noivern fo' eva
    Reason for joining club: I love dragon Pokemon! Why else?
    Answer to any one of the current topics: Though my favorite Dragon type (and favorite Pokemon in general) is Noivern, my first ever Dragon was a Dragonite I raised playing through SoulSilver as a little kid. It was an absolute monster and crushed the Elite Fours' souls time and time again, and as such Dragonite was my favorite Pokemon for quite some time.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Do you want a nickname? If yes then your chosen nickname: nah, AxeBeard is plenty fine
    Answer to any one of the current topics: Though my favorite Dragon type (and favorite Pokemon in general) is Noivern, my first ever Dragon was a Dragonite I raised playing through SoulSilver as a little kid. It was an absolute monster and crushed the Elite Fours' souls time and time again, and as such Dragonite was my favorite Pokemon for quite some time.

Hey there, Axebeard! Welcome aboard. :)

Dragonite was my first and favourite dragonmon. Unlike yours though, mine was from Platinum and was obtained from a trade with my friend post-game. Using the trade bonus EXP and an Exp. Share, I got it leveled up pretty quickly. (level one to eighty was a nightmare) On the other hand, I always thought it was uncreative that they gave Lance three of them. Like, why? :( I know there was a lack of dragon-types back then (in fact I'm pretty sure dragonite was forever alone for a while) but why didn't they just create a gen 2 dragon type? (i.e gen 1 has dragonite, gen 3 has salamence etc.) Did dragons just die out around the time of G/S/C? :p

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    On the other hand, I always thought it was uncreative that they gave Lance three of them. Like, why? :( I know there was a lack of dragon-types back then (in fact I'm pretty sure dragonite was forever alone for a while) but why didn't they just create a gen 2 dragon type? (i.e gen 1 has dragonite, gen 3 has salamence etc.) Did dragons just die out around the time of G/S/C? :p
    There was actually one Dragon type introduced in Gen 2: Kingdra. IDK why that was the only one the put in though or why they only gave it to Clair.

As for why Lance uses 3 Dragonites in G/S/C/HG/SS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qe9O90cD80

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Years

Hello there AxeBeard! Welcome to the club! As a registration test you have to answer the following question:
    What is the maximum number of Dragon Type specializing trainers in any Elite Four plus Champion lineup? Across all the generations.

I love your signature though :P

AxeBeard McBeardAxe

Years
    Hello there AxeBeard! Welcome to the club! As a registration test you have to answer the following question:
    What is the maximum number of Dragon Type specializing trainers in any Elite Four plus Champion lineup? Across all the generations.

I love your signature though :P

Heheh, thanks, I love that gif too. :) Anyways let's see... Only one right? gen 1 had lance, gen 2 had lance again, gen 3 was drake, gen 4 had nobody (unless you count cynthia, but having a dragon as your ace doesn't really make you a dragon trainer) gen 5 had iris, and gen 6 had drasna. Never more than 1.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm not exactly sure what dragon-type it was that I'd first wound up seeing... though, if I had to guess, it would probably have to be Lance's Dragonite, similarly to Tek.

Reaction--I was pretty neutral. Whether they be dragon or not, they're still Pokémon, and I treated them just like how I would with any other. As far as capturing goes, first dragon-type Pokémon that I'd ever been able to catch, if I remember correctly, was Dratini. Did train it up, and eventually evolved it into Dragonite. Unfortunately, I didn't have any chance of transferring it to later games, so I had to leave it behind.

Of all dragon Pokémon that I own thus far, my most favorite is definitely Haxorus, as I've had decent amount of success with it in terms of competitive battling and whatnot.

PokeHunterBlack

Bounty Hunter
    Years

Ok, For me was a pretty funny moment (Now, Back then i suffered XD) My first encounter with a dragon was against Winona's Altaria. I was, spamming thunderbolt against all pokes when this thing appears, I was using Magneton and the Altaria haves earthquake. OHKO, Then i was sweeped by that thing (Haves dragon dance too), And i didn't knowed about the dragon type (Insert facepalm) I didn't knowed about that X4 weakness to ice
    I had a hard time with that poke XD, Then decided to have my own Altaria to see why it was so powerfull, And then i found the dragon type. I battled the gym with my Altaria and with sheer luck i discovered the weakness to his own type. I won thanks to dragonbreath spam XD

Yeah the same for me... I had been using my sceptile on my first playthrough on my first Pokemon game (Emerald when i was 5) and I barely knew any types, so of course i was spamming leafblade On every bird till Altaria i Did have and electrode though, but i didn't think of it so i was now spamming revives (remember i was 5) because i never liked fainting wild Pokes because i thought it took too long to do so i had only trained Sceptile and the others were basically HM slaves XD, So Then i hated that gym and then i found out about dragons and Hated them till i was 10 (where i got a my common sense) And i came to appreciate the looks and the Power of them

BUt By Far My Favourite IS... FFFFFLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOONNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IIIIIIIII WWWWWWWWAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNT MMMMMMMMYYYYYYYY MMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAA FFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOONNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    There was actually one Dragon type introduced in Gen 2: Kingdra. IDK why that was the only one the put in though or why they only gave it to Clair.

Oh woops, I didn't think of Kingdra. :( Must of slipped from my mind then. I'm guessing he didn't use one since it didn't fit the theme of the rest of his team. It takes on the appearance of a seahorse while stuff like Gyarados, Aerodactyl and Charizard despite not being dragon types take on the qualities of a dragon. (wings, menacing look, general body shape of a dragon etc.) I guess that would explain the usage of non-dragon types on his team as well. :p

As for why Lance uses 3 Dragonites in G/S/C/HG/SS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qe9O90cD80
    WELL THEN

I'm never underestimating those three Dragonite again. :(

AxeBeard McBeardAxe

Years

Um, well it was just any other Pokemon to me. I was a total n00b when I began playing Pokemon. Matter of fact, I only played it because that's what my elementary school friends were playing, so I wanted to fit in. Now here I am, years after they all deemed the game for little kids, STILL playing it. I don't mind though, it makes me happy. :) (such off topic, much scatterbrain)

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Years
    Well, hello members! It's been some time since we had activity here...... How is everyone doing? I'd also like to give a task to you all, of course even I will take part:

Prepare a Dragon Type only Pokémon team comprising of six pokémon only, using any Dragon type pokémon from across the generations. Post it in the club here.
    I am giving you all a link to a previous post by a member so that you may come to know about the format. I expect your posts within two-three weeks.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I made two =)

Spoiler:

Spoiler: