• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Invisible mode, do you use it?

Years
  • So yeah, another questions thread for you supporters to answer.

On PC, we have the option to set ourselves to "invisible mode" which makes us hidden from view on the online list, except from the eyes of mods and admins.

Some people use it for fun, for lurking/stalking purposes or if there's a problem going on that's causing them to be less active. I have been alternating between invisibility and non-invisibility cos I've been having problems with my computer, which has been in repairs for 2 weeks now. As of this post, I have been invisible again for same reason.

So, do any of you use invisible mode? And if you do/did, why?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    i did, it wasnt fun at all, yuck

remember my trip to singapore back in december? yaa, i used invisibility cuz i had some chances to come and i didnt want people to notice i was online and bug me

Years
  • Pretty much never; I like to remain visible just because I feel it's the better option for me. Plus I want new users who need help to see that I've been online rather than hiding my last seen status.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    I will say sometimes. Sometimes there have been times when I didnt want to appear online due to situations I dont want to get into and because sometimes I dont think everyone needs to stalk my current activities, also occasionally, I just plain feel more comfortable using Invisible mode.I mostly choose to remain visible however.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    i don't remember why i switched to invisible (probably so someone couldn't know whether i was online or not) and never bothered to change it back. never mattered to me whether people could see whether i was online or not, really.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I moved to invisible for a long time because I kept getting stupid messages about trading while I was at work. Now that I can trade at work, it doesn't matter, so I am visible.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I've remained visible since November. I used to often go invisible to hide from trade requests. I can't trade while I'm in class, haha. What's trading again? D:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I use it from time to time. I don't have any reasons, though. Just do it because I feel like it. :p

Years
  • I'm usually active and always visible here since I need to be noticed by newbies that I welcome to PC. I very rarely use invisibility cos some people say it looks silly on me, and I do agree invisibility is not a good look for me.

However, I had to switch to invisibility for now since my computer's in repairs and I have to borrow other computers to get onto PC. I will eventually turn off my invisibility again and it will stay that way.

zephyr6257

Hi. I'm strange. Kthnxbye. :)
    Years
  • I find it hassle to go all the way to the control panel to switch modes. If it was more accessible, it might have been fun. But nope, sorry, not my cup of hot chocolate. :3

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    I've never tried switching to invisible mode, and I don't plan on using it. Pretty useless for me.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I use invisible mode quite often when I've got a mountain of VMs to reply to and no time to do it, but people always seem to find out and post it on my profile anyway so that defeats the point :p

Years
  • I don't really use it that often. The rare times that I do use it though is when I know in advance that I'm not going to be on PC for a while, like when I started university and tried to be social instead of coming on here all the time and then not knowing anyone.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • I use it pretty often! I'd say it's about 50/50 against visible mode. Never really figured out why. It's on occasion because I don't want to be replying to VMs but mostly just because I don't want people seeing I'm online. Why I don't want that, I... have yet to figure out. d:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I only use it when I'm upset and don't want people bothering me. Or if I don't want certain people to notice me online. That being said, it's not too often I use it.

Clacla

karp karp karp
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Mar 15, 2017
    I never use it, I want people to know I'm online. Btw, Nica should stop using it because I miss her <3

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    Meh...I've only gone invisible in the past when I felt like lurking around, but I haven't used that feature in a looooong time. I have to be visible for my kittens [traders] whenever they need help.

Back