• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Iphone, ipod, ipad?

PokemonRockstar

old skool
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 19, 2012
    IPad most pointless thing made this year, i dont any Mac products as they can't do the simple things in life.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Interesting fact about the iPod:

The inventor of the iPod originally proposed the idea to the Phillips, another electronic company specifically known for their televisions. They rejected it, said it would never sell, and they're now kicking themselves in the butt.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • i just remembered a funny joke about the ipad from snl: Hey look apple invented a thing that does the same thing as all its other things :)

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • My opinions:

iPod - Expensive, but not bad. I bought my 30GB iPod Classic/Video back in summer of 2007 and it has been perfect for me ever since.

iPhone - I like the idea of it, but I'm a big texter and a touch screen keyboard just doesn't work for me. Never seen the appeal in touch screens anyway, just another gimmick to get all of your money. In a way it's a bit more of a pain to use. But of course "it looks cool" and that's all that matters to the general public. (Let me just say that I'm not just faulting Apple here. Everybody has jumped on the touch screen bandwagon.)

iPad - I'm not really into this. But if people find a use for it, good for them.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Soooo... now the iPad is getting multitasking! Anyone change their opinions on it?

I think the iPad is ridiculous personally, but I do have an iPod Touch (3rd Gen) and am excited for some of the features in the iPhone 4.0 SDK.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • I own an iPod Touch and I absolutely love it. My only complaint is that the screen is too small to use for reading or web viewing. I'll be getting an iPad for this reason and so I can get internet while visiting relatives. (I have a basic phone and cannot afford the AT&T switch and monthly bills for iPhone, but I can handle the prepaid plans for the iPad)

Blaze The Hedgehog

The Flaming Wolf!
    Years
  • I have the iPhone, and it does do what it's designed for if your a music lover, however the battery does drain pretty quick, so if your also into videos/movies, the iPod Touch is more your taste. As for the iPad, it really doesn't appeal to me so I can't really say much about it.

But really, If you want to carry around an all-in-one device, the iPhone is the way to go. But like Gerry said, the data rates mean your cash will get munched pretty fast unless you're on a monthly plan like myself.

Years
  • I had an old chunky nano. I ran out of room & currently have a touch. I love it, exceptt for the fact it won't work with my 360 at all. I honestly don't see the point in owning an ipad. Ever.

Click Here

Graphic Designer
    Years
  • I currently have a Touch. Awesome in my opinion, many things to do when bored. But I'd think I'd rather have the Classic.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • I had a iPod Nano 4 Gen. but I sold it to my cousin.
    Yesterday I got a iPhone 3G, not a 3Gs since I've heard terrible stories of that, and the 3G is cheaper. :3 so basically my iPhone is my iPod xD
    screw iPad. xD

Years
  • I don't see the need for an iPad, as it seems like it's just an over-sized iPod touch. I currently have a iPod Touch 2G, but I probably wouldn't even have that if I hadn't bought it from my sister for $10. I don't really have that many songs so there's more room for apps, although I hardly have any of those, either.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Guy at the apple section said that the iPad was basically a big annoying Ipod Touch haha... so I got myself an iPod Touch yesterday.

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • I personally have an iPhone and an iPod Touch and they are just amazing, they do a pretty nice job. I don't see why Apple, after bringing out pretty good stuff, it brings out the iPad, they just killed it.

Guy at the apple section said that the iPad was basically a big annoying Ipod Touch haha... so I got myself an iPod Touch yesterday.

You should have waited, as the new iPhone is coming out this summer/fall, I'm sure they are bringing a new iPod Touch from the rumors I've heard.

Back