• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Is anyone still not excited?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2016
    Im not excited because I didn't reallt like the original game. I prefer Team Rocket over Team Aqua and Team Magma anyday.

NyxShooter

drifting wanderer
    Years
    Im not excited because I didn't reallt like the original game. I prefer Team Rocket over Team Aqua and Team Magma anyday.

I think Team Aqua and Team Magma are some of the most sucessfull and well-made teams in the Pokemon universe. Team Magma and Team Aqua were diabolical and actually completed their original plan. They were the only team who managed to complete their motives without being thwarted by an 11 year old. And on a side not, not only is their damage continental but world wide. They changed the entire weather system for those rough 20 minutes of the game and afflicted Pokemon eco-systems around multiple regions. The only reason they stopped their plan was because they saw how much damage they had done and learned the error of their ways.

Team Rocket on the other hand only had the plan to make an ultimate Pokemon, being Mewtwo. The plan was thwarted by an 11 year old, and if Mewtwo is so ultimate, how does it get beaten by an 11 year old yet again? Continuing my original stand-point, after Team Rocket was thwarted they were just a washed up team in Johto who were making evil plans such as
    - Cut off regenerating tails and sell them on the market.
    This review was slightly biased, but I did play through all the games.

Don't take this as an assault, however this is my own opinion. This thread is an opinion thread after-all, no?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2016
    When you put it that way I change my opinion.
    Team Rocket is still number 1 for me though

Years
    I'm looking forward to it but wouldn't say excited. I got crazy excited for for XY due to it being the first for the 3DS, whole new game engine, etc etc. But ORAS, well it's going to be good but nothing ground breaking and IMO nothing to get excited about.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    No offense to anyone, but I actually find Team Rocket to be... pathetic. I'll be honest, I love Giovanni. His twist of actually becoming a gym leader really took me by surprise back then. However, their team is all about... Making money. They don't seem to have any clear goal (besides the mewtwo thingy but isn't that done by Mr Fuji and his group of scientists, not Team Rocket? Correct me if I'm wrong) besides being rich.

Stealing pokemon for the sake of being some sort of monopoly, to me, lacks a lot of depth compared to other teams. My most favorite team thus far is Team Plasma, despite my dislike for the Gen V games. Who knew a stepfather could be so evil to manipulate his stepson in this manner?

Of course, I agree that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I may be a little bias too, because I started with Gen III instead of Gen I.

Years
    No offense to anyone, but I actually find Team Rocket to be... pathetic. I'll be honest, I love Giovanni. His twist of actually becoming a gym leader really took me by surprise back then. However, their team is all about... Making money. They don't seem to have any clear goal (besides the mewtwo thingy but isn't that done by Mr Fuji and his group of scientists, not Team Rocket? Correct me if I'm wrong) besides being rich.

Stealing pokemon for the sake of being some sort of monopoly, to me, lacks a lot of depth compared to other teams. My most favorite team thus far is Team Plasma, despite my dislike for the Gen V games. Who knew a stepfather could be so evil to manipulate his stepson in this manner?

Of course, I agree that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I may be a little bias too, because I started with Gen III instead of Gen I.

Let's try to keep it on-topic, alright guys? This thread is for discussing your excitement of the games, keep that in mind. n__n;

What about ORAS is getting you all the most/least excited?

Years
    I'm never excited about newcoming games neither when I can afford and buy them nor when I can't. I am simply waiting for this game to come out, trying to not watch trailers and leaking pictures and buy it at the time(maybe pre-order it, I'm not sure).

Years
    When they announced the game I was SO excited! I don't feel that excited now... It's maybe because I am checking every day when I can pre-order it and I'm over it lol ... and that it's been a while since we got a good amount of news. So, I'm sure excited because Sapphire was my first Pokemon game and I bought it exactly 10 years ago! (~summer~ 2004), but I'll be hyped again in September/October lol :)

Back