• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Ash Smart?

Darkgale

EV trainer and Treasure Hunter
    Years
    Ash in fact is just about the stupidest character in the whole series, he always forgets which type affect/ dont affect some pokemon types and almost always sends out a fire type against a water type or something of that sort where he has the clear disadvantage. And at the start of every season his memory seems to be wiped clean and always makes huge mistakes in his first few battles/ gyms. On another note, if he wants to be the pokemon master, why keep starting fresh at the beginning of each season and not keeping your evolved strong pokemon with you? And why keep releasing your pokemon? He is very very stupid...

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Ash is so confident in himself he can't think. That's why I like Paul, cause Paul gives Ash a reality check. XD

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
    I think he's completely and retardedly moronic, but he's a television character. If he saw through every one of Team Rocket's disguises like we do or knew everything we know about Pokemon, then the anime would really suck *coughworsethanitalreadydoescough*...

And, the legends thing is just as retarded as Ash himself. Of course he doesn't go around capturing legends! They all have important roles! If he caught Lugia then the birds would be fighting forever. If he caught Celebi and Suicune their forest and place in nature would be unbalanced. If he caught the Latis Altomare would be screwed. If he caught Mew the Tree of Beginning would have died. The list goes on. He's at the very least smart enough to understand that.

yeah, the legends thing you have a point about. except for lugia. he could always catch the ones at whirl islands. those don't seem to serve any purpose besides just being there...

and in my opinion, he wouldn't catch latias anyway. he'd be too busy snogging her XD... (and i don't wanna hear it, mareshippers. My opinion. Get used to it.)

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Ash: "Hey Mom!"
    Ash's Mom: "Hi Ash!"
    Ash: "Bye, see you later!" XD
    I bet his Mom feels very left out. XD

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
    Just because he beats Team Rocket 1,000 times doesn't make him the best trainer ever. I don't like him, and the anime makes him even stupider...

i agree. he always looked like an idiot in the show. and he probably always will. that's why i think they should just ditch Ash and pick out a NEW male protagonist. like gold, or brendan.

Or even silver, although he's more of an antihero. Silver would pwn ash any day.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Just because he beats Team Rocket 1,000 times doesn't make him the best trainer ever. I don't like him, and the anime makes him even stupider...

LOL I know! Hahahaha. That was my point! I'm saying that it would make him think that he was! Well, I'm sure it doesn't really but my point was that not everyone gives Ash a reality check because Team Rocket don't; they boost his ego.

i agree. he always looked like an idiot in the show. and he probably always will. that's why i think they should just ditch Ash and pick out a NEW male protagonist. like gold, or brendan.

A new protagonist would end up like Richie in the chronicles: Ash clones. *shivers* Even Gold was about the same, only he had an annoying catchphrase

Souless

What?
    Years
    • Age 32
    • ???
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    Ash isn't smart at all, I mean, he is like "My pokayman beatz yurz" at sometimes, he might not be dumb, but he doesn't have a brilliant mind.

Maybe they should have put more effort in developing his character, like they did on Paul.

wolverfrog

Working on a Hack
    Years
    he's a bit of an idiot, so is his whole gang. i mean come on.....if jessie and james even just are wearing glasses and someone asks, do you know who these people are, they always go "dosn't look familiar to me". everyone in the pokemon world are morons, that's what you get for leaving home at 10 and not getting proper education. jeez...

Back