• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Ash Smart?

supertails

Dictator
    Years
    he's a bit of an idiot, so is his whole gang. i mean come on.....if jessie and james even just are wearing glasses and someone asks, do you know who these people are, they always go "dosn't look familiar to me". everyone in the pokemon world are morons, that's what you get for leaving home at 10 and not getting proper education. jeez...

I know. They should rise the age to 21 or something.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    21? What about 16, that's when you can leave school and get a job and stuff.

Well, a lot of Negative Comments then. Tell you what, if you can, maybe someone should make a Poll Connected to this 'Who's your Favourite Character in Pokémon?' Or 'Which Character would you prefer in the Pokémon Anime?'

I know. Most of the posts here are "I hate Ash which makes him dumb"

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Ash, I think, is a rather naive trainer. After ten seasons, you would think he would learn to stop being so naive and aggressive, but he hasn't changed much since the first season, except for his voice. o_O;;

supertails

Dictator
    Years
    21? What about 16, that's when you can leave school and get a job and stuff.

I know. Most of the posts here are "I hate Ash which makes him dumb"

True but 21 is drinking and when you get kicked out if you haven't graduated from high school but that time.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
    Years
    You would think after ten season it ash would finally realize that pikachus thunderbolt will not, nor will it ever affect a ground type pokemon -_-

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Ash does not seem smart since he does not see through Team Rocket's disguise almost every episode. The only smart think he usually thinks of is water conducts electricity.

Jayster23, heracross is a decent Pokemon. It has higher stats than a pokemon like Alakazam.

Sea_Guardian

Shinjitsu wa Itsumo Hitotsu!
    Years
    Err Ash is not smart for me. Why? Because Ash is sometimes OVER CONFIDENT! I hope Jimmy will replace Ash. Hopefully....

supertails

Dictator
    Years
    I don't think any of them are smart. They could have caught Jigglypuff ten times over in the song of Jigglypuff. But they decided to have it sing to every one they could find with in the 10 mile radius.

Years
    Nope. He's the dumbest character I've ever seen.

Jessie and James: LOL WE'RE NOT TEAM ROCKET WE'RE GYM LEADERS
    Ash: LAWL OK

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I just get pissed off of how gullible Satoshi-tachi are. Gawd, I mean, Team Rocket dress up in outfits where you could clearly tell it's them and they never have a freaking clue. >_>

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    I think he's brilliant! I mean, after 500 episodes, he's almost finding out about Team Rocket's idiotic disquises!

Joycey98

The Root of All Evil
    Years
    Ash is a complete idiot. He releases all of his good Pokemon, and he doesn't even have good training methods. He hits trees with Aerial Ace! Paul is so much better (in my opinion).

Palkia_279

Palkia's master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2008
    I think he's too nice. I mean, he could of caught so many Pokemon, but he let them go, because the apparently didn't WANT to come with him! Tough crap! Deal with it! Catch the stupid Pokemon, if they don't want to be caught, they'll just have to deal with it.

Another reason why he's a stupid retarded person, is because he almost never evolves Pokemon.

"Is Ash Smart?"
    As for the whole legendaries thing, you realize they're not SUPPOSED to be captured in the anime, right? Did you watch any of the movies? Most, if not all, of the legendaries have some sort of importance in maintaining balance in the world, whether it's in nature or the fabric of time and space. There would be no planet left if you went around capturing all of them, and that's assuming you even can in an actual Pokemon battle.
    He could try capturing the Legendary dogs, since some one else is. Besides, they don't have any importance.

Last edited:

Palkia_279

Palkia's master
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2008
    Paul is so much better
    What? Seriously? How so Supertails?
    Yeah? How? Paul IS better. If the wrighting staff had no decision in what happens in the plot, then Paul would win EVERY time. Paul may be cruel and mean at times (Dawn: Have you seen Brock anywhere? Paul: NO! Brock: Hey Paul, have you seen Dawn anywhere? Paul: NO!!.) but he makes sure he catches the strongest Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2008
    In the anime you have to remember the condition in evolving Pokemon is differnt and harder and unkown in the series some pokemon don't want to evolve like Ash's Pikachu he denied to become a Raichu so he can show all the Pikachu in the world you don't have to be a Raichu to be stronger just look at Pikachu alone he is Ash's strongest Pokemon he's traveled with him threw the Kanto to Sinnoh Regions and still has to go to the two other regions in the Colosieum world and Pokemon Ranger. Ash is stupid at times yes sense he has a new Sinnoh team Pikachu has become the Poke in distress times I can count and still can't see threw Jessie and James disguses. And remember Ash trains his Pokemon differntly while off screen time but we do see his traditional methods and sure he may be like Goku too kind but look at him he's saved the universe countless times

Back