• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Battle Revolution worth the cash?

lnfamous

★☆★☆★☆★☆
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2009
    I played it for a couple of hours. I realized that I really don't like that kind of game. Don't buy it, bro. Follow what people said.

masterfun101

Bow down, noobs.
    Years
    EBAY! GET IT ON EBAY

Its not worth 50 bux but it is a fun game. So get it on ebay. Cheap. Fun.

Tips to make it better: Don't make the pokemon you use to good for the first rounds of some collseums. it will be 2 e z

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    PBR is Battle Tower with extra rule sets, prettier visuals, and the potential to get:
    A: PBR volt tackling/ Surfing Pikachu
    B: PBR Magmortar
    C: PBR Electivire

the item shop may be different from that of the actual Battle Tower, but I haven't been so bored as to sit down and compare them.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Is a game suddenly awful just for not having an adventure mode.

Its 'Adventure Mode' is actually just as good as Colleseum's despite not having a story because lets face it colleseum had a poor story.

PBR is still a decent game for what it wants to do.

I will never face it because i, like many people, liked coliseums story.
    i don't know if its just me, but i like games with a story, no matter how bad it is.
    and you were saying it was worth it because of its wi-fi and graphics, but it has more than that.
    A lot more people would like it if they just put a few more minigames in it.
    thats why stadium(or whatever it was) was such a huge success.
    I mean, who wouldn't want to run on a treadmill as a purple rat?
    Back on topic, it is a decent game for what it wanted to do, but that was all.
    I'm pretty sure there pokemon is fun because of its traveling and side quests(or was that Legend of zelda?), not just battles.
    this took all the fun out of traveling when you selected the area with your wii-mote.
    the game basically sucked without D/P/P.
    you had to go around with terrible pokemon(i'm pretty sure gabite would be garchomp by level 50) and their terrible movesets and challenge random leaders to go somewhere else.
    they just put the battle arena in a single game.

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    Not worth it mate...

you have a choice of pokemon which are always crap to fight with you can like never catch anything... the pokemon are chosen for you and change when you battle another trainer
    Apparently you never actually played the game. You failed to mention that you can use your OWN Pokemon and It does not change (You PICK the Pokemon) your Pokemon inless you fight in the Sunset Colosseum and the Neon Colosseum.

Colosseum Info:
    Spoiler:

kabigon

My body is always ready.
    Years
    I disagree with this. The grahics in this gameare terrible. I mean, come on. Faces looks like they've been drawn on, andit looks similar to the N64. Chalky frames, blocky graphics.

The reason that I hate it, and can't see why anyone wouldl ike it, is because it is ONLY BATTLING. Why is that so bad, if that isall pokemon is? I'll tell you. YOU GET THE EXACT SAME THING IN DIAMOND & PEARL. Aside from the "graphics" everything that you can do in Battle Revolution, you can do in D/P. There is no real replay value, and nothing to reallyjustify a $50 price tag.

Seriously, what is it about? What can you do there that you cannot do on D/P? 3D battles? Please. If that's the case, you are paying such a steep price, just to see your pokes in chessy graphics. And THAT is why minigames are so important. F0r $50, I want more. MOAR!

Oh, and "exclusive pokes"? You mean that is worth $50? The problem is, too many pokefans will buy anything with a Pikachu on the cover. This game is an outrage, simply because it seems they didn't even try. They literally put some crap together, took out the destructable enviorments (meaning they went back) and slapped a heafty price on it.

This man speaks the TRUTH!

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    I've had this idea for a while, a Pokemon Game that allows you to do both contests (For those of who like contests) and battling. You can do contests in which you can compete on Wifi. You could even make combinations of moves (like in the TV series). I think it would be a great mix. Instead of just battling constantly, you could switch off on what you want to do each day which would be way more fun (In my opinion).

They literally put some crap together, took out the destructable enviorments (meaning they went back) [S-HIGHLIGHT]and slapped a heafty price on it.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
    First of all, let me make this clear, almost all Wii games cost $50, Inless they are either used, on sale/a special, or you live in a state where every single product/item is sold cheap.

Last edited:
    Back