• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Is Dialga worth the Master Ball?

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2007
    I had Palkia down to about 40% health and caught him with one Ultra Ball.

Heck, it's harder to catch wild Chanseys.

Save the Master Ball for Mesprit, who runs away every time you enter battle.

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
  • I didn't paralize the dialga, I just chucked a quick ball at it, then after that didn't work, I almost destroyed it with my pokemon, then chucked Ultra Balls, Great Balls, Timer Balls, Dusk Balls, and even a few Poke Balls. Eventually I caught it with a Dusk Ball. I'm planning on only using the Master Ball if Mesprit is to much of a bother. In my opinion, Azelf and Uxie are a lot harder to catch than Dialga.

~!~Miss Cow~!~

☼Charlie☼

要素のマスター
    Years
  • I suggest saving it for two reasons.

1. Most people end up not using Dialga/Palkia after the elite four and if you are planning on battling people over wifi, most people will not let you use them.

2. Unlike other games, Diamond and Pearl have many more legendaries to catch past the elite four and past Dialga/Palkia, some of which will run away from you (Mespirt, Cressilia).

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
  • Use the ball on Mesprit or Cresselia. It'll be better in the longrun.

Just paralyze him, and weaken him, he isn't hard to catch, really.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    I suggest saving it for two reasons.

1. Most people end up not using Dialga/Palkia after the elite four and if you are planning on battling people over wifi, most people will not let you use them.

2. Unlike other games, Diamond and Pearl have many more legendaries to catch past the elite four and past Dialga/Palkia, some of which will run away from you (Mespirt, [S-HIGHLIGHT]Cressilia[/S-HIGHLIGHT]).

yes, dont use it on Dialga, use it on Cresselia

Sakurah

Pokemon Event Collector! <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2012
    Nah.
    If you save right before taking a step, you can always rebattle it.
    Unless you have extra Masterballs to spare, then I say... Go for it. o_o;

hotrod192

Years
  • All I had left when facing Dialga was my Empoleon, and he was almost dead, so I had to use my Master Ball. If I were you, I would save it for Mesprit or Cresselia.

Miya902

Twitch Streamer
    Years
  • I think you should have brought more Ultra balls, Lol I caught mine with a Dusk Ball at 3:16 AM I think it was lol. You shouldn't waste your Master Ball here, but If you use up all of your other balls, then dont kill it. Thats just my 2 cents though.

Agree. Attempt to catch it with what you got and if you fail then use the Master Ball as a last resort. OR restart the game and try again. I do that a lot to save my master ball for someone more hard or rare.

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
    Years
  • I caught it on like the third Ultra Ball nothin' to worry about now. I also caught Uxie and Azelf with ease on about seventeenth Ultra Ball. Huntin' down Mespirit after the Elite Four. :D

Nekonron

Aspiring Pokémon Master
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    If you're feeling lazy you can just use the Masterball on the Mesprit :D Its very annoying to catch.

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • No Pokémon (Arceus may take a while, but no) is worth of a Master Ball. Dialga was pretty easy. The lake trio, for me, was easy. Heatran, Regigigas and Giratina took a while, but not that much. I used an Ultra Ball on Mesprit. I did use a Master Ball on Cresselia, but it's not something impossible. Of course I'd use it with Arceus, but there wouldn't be a problem if I had to trade it. (Assuming I couldn't import millions from Emerald)

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2007
    Dialga is definately not worth a Master Ball. Used a great ball on Dialga.

Reikou

Aspiring to be a breeder...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2008
    Do not, I repeat, do not waste your Master Ball on Dialga. I caught him with a Dusk Ball. Use the Master Ball on hard to catch pokemon like Mesprit

rishi 20

xxX-Rishi_G-Xxx
    Years
  • o, basicy dont waste it on that.you can go one youtube and watch people catch it with a pokeball on the second attempt. use it on a pokemon that appears in the wild.

i live in europe so after what badge do u get him or when do u get him

Last edited:
    Back