• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Is it just me, or did everyone used to name their character "ASH"?

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    ehhhh i remember calling myself ash like 3 times out of the hundreds of pokemon re runs i played.
    my cousin still names his character Ash lol.

he played from 3rd gen-b/w

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I never called myself Ash in any of the game; but with Pokemon received from trades from RBY I sure got a lot of Pokemon with OT names of Ash. XD Not surprising I suppose given the popularity of the anime then, and the fact many of said trades were from Yellow.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    My brother did one time. I never did, even back then I knew I didn't want myself associated with that n00b, and it didn't take long for my brother to realize that, too.

Closest I've come is naming my female character in White, "Ashley."

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I'm a lady, so I never named my character Ash. xD I don't find myself naming myself Ash in the future when I get around to playing the games again. lol It would be Ani since I used that name so much back then.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I always named my character either Ash or Andrew (which is my name). There was always something gratifying about being able to pretend that you were Ash XD

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    I've never done it. I see it quite a lot when I look at Battle on the GTS, though.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I only did that maybe once or twice. i don't like the name much

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Yes, quite a few times. As a kid, naming my character Ash made me feel like I was Ash. It made my young heart content, so I had to. :x

Guest123_x1

When I first got Yellow (which was my first Pokémon game), I named the character Ash (seeing as Yellow was designed to follow the show's storyline). However, when I later got Blue, I named the character after myself (seeing as you could choose between the standard starters: Bulbasaur; Charmander; and Squirtle, on most of the save-files I've ever done on it, I almost always chose Bulbasaur.)

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2018
    Like, once. And after that i started naming my character Red in all of the games. Except emerald.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
    Even though Ash is based on Red, it still bugs me that everyone names Red Ash. Red isn't Ash, Red is Red. Weirdest name I ever chose was Heyexow. (For the best Missingno. results, as it is based on name.)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I don't think I've ever used the name Ash. The closest I've gotten to that is naming myself Satoshi in Blue, but that's only cause I was going for a theme of naming my Pokemon their Japanese names, so I did the same thing for the player and the rival. I hate seeing people with the name Ash though. Makes me think "wow you couldn't come up with something better?" or "yah dats original lolz."

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
    LOL, i love trading with people in yellow/red/blue/gold/silver/crystal that give me a pikachu and their name is ASH. i find it soo cool, LOL. But no, i didnt name myself ASH in my yellow. I named myself Ren instead, since when I was starting it, I was watching Footloose(the 1984 film) in class.

Ren was so hot in that movie... X)

Juzey

I love Shaymin!!!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2012
    I normally call my character Juzey, or my real name, and because I'm a girl, that would just have been weird in Gen 1, so I called the character Ash.

Years
    At one point or another, all my first generation games were named Ash. It was popular then, and I wanted to name my character the "proper" name for the character. I did that for second gen, too, naming my main character "Max", since that's what the game guide I was using called him.

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    Never did Ash since i played the games before the guy even came out. soo

Back