• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is it Racism if there is no malicious intent?

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    well, its not like there hasn't been a logical solution to this presented by one who was once god.
    stop-talking-about-racism.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bay

Years
  • I'm not blowing it out of proportion, I've met too many people who actually have mindsets like that. The only internal biases I have are that I tend to be more physically attracted to white people than those of other races, that's something I'm not afraid to admit and it isn't something I can control. I also don't have a problem acknowledging racism exists, I just want people to be aware of all racism instead of pretending it only happens to black people.

Esper already mentioned we're all aware anyone can face racism but one race/ethnic group will face a different degree of racism and such. For instance, I'm Asian but whenever there are discussions of racism against black people in Tumblr or another site, I didn't say "Asians face racism too!" as that's not my place to discuss that and I respect their (the oppressed discussing this) space.

well, its not like there hasn't been a logical solution to this presented by one who was once god.
    stop-talking-about-racism.jpg

I really don't buy that, to be honest. It's been mentioned already being nice to each other, as much as we want that to happen, won't automatically fix this problem. We need discussions like this so we're aware that racism is still ongoing and understand the perspectives of those that experienced it.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    I really don't buy that, to be honest. It's been mentioned already being nice to each other, as much as we want that to happen, won't automatically fix this problem. We need discussions like this so we're aware that racism is still ongoing and understand the perspectives of those that experienced it.
    theres no short term solution. its one of those things that by completely ignoring its existence will eradicate its existence. heres some of the main reasons it still exists
    1) this is the same reason why there are still nutcases like ISIS. people spread the hatred on to their children and other people & it spreads

2) by constantly addressing it & making a holiday out of it(of all things) its made 2 things come about:
    a) Caucasians start to grow up being taught to be careful about what they say & are taught to feel guilty over it due to the mistakes of idiots who have long sense died. now this is slowly being riddled out, or so it would seem. white people, especially in pa, talk completely differently when a black person is in the room then when there's not one.
    b) African Americans start to use their ancestor's suffering as entitlement. it's one of those sick things that I've seen way to much and is actually worse then those who have used their ancestor's accomplishments as entitlement

3) and yes this is the most hypocritical one, but one can't talk about various subjects without contradicting this:
    labels. its one of the main things that humans use when referring to other humans who are different.
    goth, emo, nerd, punk, noble, witch, a b with an itch, black, white, asian, american, monster, ect
    so many labels placed on the same species to show how every one is different & categorize them.
    there are many who take the labels with pride no matter how bad the label might be in order to cope with it or alter it.
    others use it as an excuse to separate themselves from others & put themselves on a higher platform(cops are an example of this)
    others have been taught to respond to people depending upon the label or think certain things about them do to it(cops, reason #1, all religions, nudist)
    one of the roots of prejudice is labels.
    if we stop talking about it, word of it stops spreading & people stop thinking of other people in category.
    one of the parts of human psychology that has caused our advancement as well as our wars is how our brains are wired to seek pasterns in everything. it's been that way since long before our primitive ancestors evolved into humanity.
    regardless, if we kept the kids naive of such things as racism over time it will fade out & their start seeing the difference in skin color the same way we see the difference in fur color of cats

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
    Years
  • I don't really see how it's racist. Does he truly believe what he is saying or is it just a lighthearted joke? I've seen people make fun of their own race jokingly.. I've seen so many stand up comedians make fun of other races but people act like it's ok. I really don't see how that could possibly be a form of racism. Like I literally had African American friends who would make fun of themselves all the time, but they weren't "self hating" black people, just kids with a weird sense of humor.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    I don't really see how it's racist. Does he truly believe what he is saying or is it just a lighthearted joke? I've seen people make fun of their own race jokingly.. I've seen so many stand up comedians make fun of other races but people act like it's ok. I really don't see how that could possibly be a form of racism. Like I literally had African American friends who would make fun of themselves all the time, but they weren't "self hating" black people, just kids with a weird sense of humor.
    that's comedians, they can get away with saying just about anything. better to be a witty fool, then a foolish wit.

Back