• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is it wrong to love a sprite?

• Total voters

Skitty1

Highlight my signature :)
Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2012
    Assuming you what a sprite is (if not click here) do you think it is wrong to love a sprite?

Note to admins./mods.: sorry if this this in the wrong area.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
    Years
  • Like, being attracted to one as in "Man Brock's sprite makes me just wanna (insert naughty thing here)..."

Ravenfreak

Raven rocks! :D
    Years
  • Personally I don't think it is though some people might think it's weird. I've had crushes on a few trainers in the Main games (especially the female Cootrainer in the first gen games). It's like loving a cartoon character, which btw I have a huge crush on Raven from TT. If you love a sprite then so be it. It shouldn't really matter what other people think. ;) If you're happy, then that's awesome. ^_^

Years
  • It depends on what you mean by "love" ...
    If it's love in a romantic way, then yes; but if it's "love" really like, then I don't see a issue with it =]

Years
  • Is it wrong to love a sprite?
    "but if it's "love" really like" ... I agree. Though to answer your question... I am not attracted to sprites at all. Also, no it ain't wrong. Love what you want. *coughs*this is soooo going to start the sprite fetish cultural movement*cough*

Skitty1

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2012
    *coughs*this is soooo going to start the sprite fetish cultural movement*cough*

start? go on 4chan and tell my there isn't

Skitty1

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2012
    Wow you guys need to get your minds out of the gutter - I meant adore (appreciate) not romantically love it.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • Then yes, it's completely normal. If it was romantic love than there's obviously a problem with your mental health. jk

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
    Years
  • I believe if someone loves a sprite, it's because the love stems from a deep yearning for love (the person is probably lonely if they love a sprite). The sprite may be a representation of that love; what love could be like, or it may be a symbolic form of love itself (for the person that is feeling love for the sprite).

If the love started to adversely affect others or oneself, I believe it then reaches the "unhealthy" threshold. Everyone (for the most part) wants to love and feel loved. It's normal and natural to imagine what love could be like or, to find ways to satisfy the need to love, or to imagine being loved. So, no, I don't believe it is "wrong" to love a sprite or any character from movie, book, game, etc. for that matter.

Last edited:

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • I love to watch Excalibur. However, I don't love Excalibur.

So in the same sense, you can be obsessed about a sprite, but loving it romantically is kinda weird.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • There's nothing wrong with loving the design of a sprite, just like it is with clothes and whatnot in real life. Romantic attraction wouldn't exactly be wrong, but I don't think that's even possible without an actual character, like with personality and stuff, where as if it was just because of the sprite, it would be more likely to be sexual attraction. Anyways, in any case I wouldn't see it as wrong.

Yoni Arousement

PKHeX User
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    To be perfectly honest with you (and as I much as I regret saying this out loud, but), a few sprites that infatuate me include FR/LG Lass and D/P Picknicker.

Years
  • I always love sprites! Surely that isn't wrong. >:
    Although I think in a romantic sense, it would be somewhat awkward but I wouldn't be surprised. I see news articles and broadcasts and whatnot that show people in love with inanimate objects and weird things, buildings and all that.

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
    Years
  • I wish the OP would return to clarity what he meant by "loving a sprite" and why the question was asked in the first place..that way I could ponder and comment further with more details.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • I think the reason so many people here are thinking you meant it like an attraction is because you phrased it so poorly. In fact, the question it's self doesn't make any sense if you try to think about in terms of adoration instead of in terms of attraction.

I mean, why would that be wrong? People adore lots of things, animals, art, music, literature, Pokemon, etc, etc. Why would feeling the same way towards a sprite be any different? Is it because they are small images used for games? If it is, that's no reason to exempt it from liking it. Anything, and I mean anything, can be liked or even adored without it be consider wrong. That is unless it's about something that is morally wrong but this not the case.

I don't really get the question. But the answer is yes. Don't know why you had to ask.

Back