• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Phione Legendary?

Is Phione Legendary?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Azonic

hello friends
Years
  • Phione a legendary? I think so.
    Phione strong? I think not.

Just remember, Legendary or not, the term "Legendary" has no effect on how strong a Pokemon is. Legendary is not a tier in competetive. So I'd say it is very much a legendary Pokemon, but by no means is it strong.

Evan44

In Severe Ilness
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2012
    In my opinion, phione should be a psuedo-legendary pokemon like dragonite,salamence,garchomp and metagross.
    Its not exactly a legend in batlling by my standards(or even a real legendary),but definitely not an ordinary pokemon.Psuedo-legends arent legends but have the power to act like a 'legendary' and so can Phione, given the right EV's Iv's and nature it can prove its power just as well as manaphy.(Trust me because i own one)
    I have this opinion also with rotom.(did you know rotom is motor spelt backwards)
    In conclusion,this is my opinion of what manaphy should be.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    In my opinion, phione should be a psuedo-legendary pokemon like dragonite,salamence,garchomp and metagross.

"Pseudo-legendary" is a fanmade term referring specifically to Pokemon like Dragonite, Salamence, etc. It isn't a broad spectrum that includes any Pokemon who happens to be "strong" or "not quite legendary".

I don't consider Phione legendary. There's kinda two ways I look at a Pokemon to determine whether it's "legendary" or not. On one hand, there's how they fit into the games. Sorta like that list of legendary criteria. On the other, there's how they fit into the plot and lore of the world. A Pokemon wouldn't really be "legendary" if there were no legends about it, right? Of course, this does exclude a few Pokemon widely accepted as legendaries, most notably Mewtwo and Deoxys. I myself think of those two as being... technically not really legendary, but for the purpose of simplicity and for how they're placed into the games they work as legendaries.

Phione wouldn't be legendary because it's not really passing from either a game-based or plot-based perspective. Phione hatches from an egg. You can get multiple Phiones in one game. There don't seem to be many myths or relevant legends about it, either. If the bits of lore surrounding Phione make it legendary, then Pokemon like Arcanine and Ninetales would probably have to be legendary as well.

Ayselipera

Evan44, please do not post in threads that exceed a one month post date. This thread is a few years old. Next time please check the last post date before posting! :)

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back