• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Pokemon getting worse?

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
  • Its a complicated view. Way i see it, if you want a game like gen 4 or 5 then yea they have gotten kinda worse. If your ok with accepting the newer title and trying the new things the attempt then id argue pokemon is as good as always. Also depends on what you like out of a pokemon game. The fact that x and y have basically no post game make them the worse mainline games for me

Pokémon X and Y have one of the best post-game stories with Looker though. It's actually deep and really good.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • I legit forgot he was there at all, and i personally dont find it that interesting. X and Y just kinda exists in terms of literally everything except fairy types and mega evolution

That Looker storyline was pretty big though. It covered a lot of bases in the game, from dealing with street thugs, to Team Flare, and even supervillains. Not to mention it even had a sad and adorable story that made me tear up. I enjoyed it a lot. lol

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2024
    While Gens 3 and 7 were weak points for the franchise (in my opinion) and nothing has really topped Platinum on my list, I don't believe it's dipped in quality. The games have their problems, sure, but a good number of them (e.g. low difficulty, weak storylines) have been there since its inception. BDSP may have been a bit disappointing, but SS and PLA were my favorite entries in a good while and I'm looking forward to SV from what has been revealed of it.

Interesting enough gen 3 was a soft reboot of the franchise

bewbs

~Chloe~
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I don't think so. Pokemon has something for everybody. I still play Crystal, Emerald and Soul Silver often. I really like going on new journies with my favourite pokemon as well as getting into the new ones as well.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2022
    I have the feeling it gets better recently. Low point imho was with pokemon x/y and pokemon lets go pikachu

Back