• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Post Count Really That Important to you?

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
  • Is Post count really That important to you?

I dont think Post count is very important, Its just a number anyways. First of all this is where jealousy occurs because people want to be the top poster. I mean bringing posts to PC is good but its not the post count, Its what you put into your posts, not the number you get out of it. Here are 3 reasons why you should drop the number and start putting quality and effort into your posts :).

Getting Noticed Easily

People are more likely to look at a post that looks intellegent and has a length to it. People arent more likely to look at something with four words, while you could rephrase it and make it into a three sentence beauty.

Making a Post Look Good

Along Site with making smart, quality posts, You also make a reputation for yourself. People would rather look at your post than at the number. Things you could also do to make your post Eyecatch and gain popularity with your posts is adding color or changing sizes or using Bold, Italics, or Underlines. You could also you the Justifications on the Toolbar (Left, Center or, Right) or the Indents and Bullets to make your post look more catchy :). Dont forget the Smilies :).

Quality, Not Quantity

Remember that its what you put in, not what you get out of your post (mainly, the number). Whenever posting you should use the proper posting technique. Its not the number you get, Its the number of characthers :).

Thank you for reading this and reply if you feel like saying something for or against this topic.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I use quick reply all the time. o_o I'll only go to the hassle of posting a full reply if I need to edit something I'm quoting or if I need to attach something. XD

Anyway... I've never really cared about postcount. Back on the old database, about a month before we moved, I lost almost all of my posts (around... 1500?) overnight or something. o_o I didn't ask for them back or anything, either. Why should it matter how many posts you have when that's not what defines someone? It just shows you have a lot of free time to be posting that much. >>;

Something I've noticed - I will respect people a LOT more if they use proper grammar in their posts. o_o; If you speak using contractions (such as "u" for "you"), don't capitalize things that need to be capitalized or if you neglect proper grammar usage, I find I can't really think as highly of the person because they don't put the extra effort into their posts. Not only that, but for someone like me, it's kind of hard to read those types of posts quickly. x_x;; Besides, it's really good for you because it helps you in your schoolwork, in a way. ^^; It'll be easier to write essays and the like if you're already used to writing properly all the time. (Well, that's what I find anyway.)

Eh.. yeah. o.o; Dizzy gave a bunch of nice tips, but don't overdo it. XD Really big text can get tiring after a while and don't used light colours... I can't read it. XD!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • you can do most of what Dizzy just explained in the quick reply box..you just have to memorize most of the html tags

makes text bold (you won't need it in a quick reply box if you're using the enhanced version
    makes text italicized
    makes text underlined
    [size=x] makes text bigger or smaller where x=number from 1-7 (default text size is 2)
    [color=#0][color=#0][color=#0][color] (=after the word color) makes text change[/color][/color][/color] color where after the = is the name of the color you want to use
    there are also
    Is Post Count Really That Important to you?

Last edited:

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    I don't really care. =P I only post when there's something for me to post. n_n;

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    I think post count is fun, but it's not everything

It's just quality over quantity, I guess

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
  • DragonTrainer said:
    I think post count is fun, but it's not everything

It's just quality over quantity, I guess
    i used to think post count was everything when i was a newbie...i also used to think you had to have a certain number of posts to be a mod...wow...how naive i was! :laugh:

Shining Arcanine

Senior Super Moderator
    Years
  • Is Post count really That important to you?

Nope.

I dont think Post count is very important, Its just a number anyways. First of all this is where jealousy occurs because people want to be the top poster. I mean bringing posts to PC is good but its not the post count, Its what you put into your posts, not the number you get out of it. Here are 3 reasons why you should drop the number and start putting quality and effort into your posts :).

That is why some forums pull the post count from the templates.

Getting Noticed Easily

People are more likely to look at a post that looks intellegent and has a length to it. People arent more likely to look at something with four words, while you could rephrase it and make it into a three sentence beauty.

People are also most likely going to enjoy a post that was typed by someone with a firm understanding of what they are typing about.

Making a Post Look Good

Along Site with making smart, quality posts, You also make a reputation for yourself. People would rather look at your post than at the number. Things you could also do to make your post Eyecatch and gain popularity with your posts is adding color or changing sizes or using Bold, Italics, or Underlines. You could also you the Justifications on the Toolbar (Left, Center or, Right) or the Indents and Bullets to make your post look more catchy :). Dont forget the Smilies :).

Or in other words, you ensure that they are not:

Stupid
    Pointless
    Annoying
    Some examples of entire posts that fall into this category are:

Some examples of ones that don't are:

Oh, I didn't know that, thanks for the information.

Hi, my name is Shining Arcanine and I am a big fan of pokemon, I'm such a big fan of it, I created my own Pokemon Website...

I could keep going forever on that last one, lol.

Quality, Not Quantity

Remember that its what you put in, not what you get out of your post (mainly, the number). Whenever posting you should use the proper posting technique. Its not the number you get, Its the number of characthers :).

Or in other words, make sure there is something interesting to talk about.

If anyone found that offending, I did not mean to make it offending. Those are just some thoughts that I needed to get out.

By the way, Dizzy, it is nice to see a quality post. I don't see them often.

Last edited:

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • Wow Thank you for correcting me :). Thank you so much and no it didnt offend me. I actually learned something from it.

StarLightUmbreon

Moonlight Traveler
    Years
  • I use quick reply box a lot too. Though post count does not matter to me either. I only post when i see that there is something i can post on realy. Also i'm not one to use diff colors or change size. Only reason i have this number of post is becouse of my art(witch has died a slow death) and DCC. Other than that i realy don't post to much.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • No I dont care for the post count at all (I do care for PC's post count but that is different then a member's post count). All a post count is a number a little number that just shows how many posts you got. That number cant tell you how long you have been a member here, see Kairi has more posts then me but she has not been a member as long as me (im going back to the old PC with the join date). It dont mater how many posts you have its what you put in the posts that mater.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    O.O;; I don't know what to say xD! I would really like to be a top poster, cus I really like to challenge myself and everything ^_^

My goal right now is 1,000 posts ^_^;

But if you guys are against it, its alright. I don't mind :)

*gets crushed by spikes*

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Feb 19, 2013
    Post count? Well, I usually feel more respectful to members with larger post counts as that shows how much dedication they have. As for myself having a higher post count.. It depends of the forums. On the older PC I had 1000+ posts in one of my accounts. Probably 1500-2000 all together. As for the new one.. It's not very high. It just depends on how I feel about the forum. ^^

BTW, if somebody does have a low post count but posts high quality posts, then I feel respectful towards them as well. But that's few and far between.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • Post count used to be everything to me. Don't ask why, but I used to reach out for the next goal, aim higher and higher... I actually thought I was going to get there, at one point. Then I went on school holidays. Seriously. Now I only get a couple of hours per week on PC, if I'm lucky, so my post count hasn't really gone up much. It doesn't mean so much to me now, though I look at those of my friends and go blue (yes, I choke :P) with jealousy sometimes.

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Lol, I only post when I have something to say, which is a lot of times XD

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • well SPAM is also "something to say" for some people sadly... It's when you actually want to contribute to a topic that sets a post aside from a SPAM. I use to post everywhere such as trivia, but now I stay only within a few areas where it's more... qualitative. Trivia seems to encourage 25 character vote because... how long can an answer get for most trivias? Plus they're not exactly the most metacognitive as well...

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Well, I like to go to trivia and stuff like that, I find it quite fun.I mean, I like to post quality, but I also like to have fun with my posts

Back