• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Is that mew stories for real

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Non of those are true. For one, the trunk cannot be moved.
    You can't fight Prof. Oak and Snurffle does not exist. And Keebler Elves? o.0;;
    Those theories are made up stories. I'm sorry to say that you were fooled. -_-;;

myles_master

Beware of the myles_master
    Years
  • Whitey said:
    in red and blue japanese games, according to my friend, if you do not go on the s.s. anna and it stays there (you don't need to if you already have another pokemon that already knows cut, from another version), you come back when you know surf. there is an actual 'basement' under the s.s. anne, with a delivery truck inside it. inside the truck is a mew. sounds farfetch'd I know, but I suppose the designers made it that way because they knew everyone would try to beat the s.s. anne and so only a few people could do this. they changed these in the american versions, so don't try it.

In the American r/b versions there is a truck if you don't go on the s.s. anne. I've done it before but there is nothing there at all.

Also, my friend traded me a Mew onto my blue version and a traded it to Gold version and I duplicated it and I made about five and I traded it to a couple of my friend. I'm not making this up either I actually got him. It's too bad that i sold my blue version three years ago and i just bought red version. (What a waist of money)

The glitt also works to get mew but only in r/b versions

Iron Spriter Josh

Noob Terminator
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen May 11, 2006
    Zangooser said:
    I found some "farfetched" stories to find Mew in the game. some of them say there's a truck you find mew in with a key you get from "battling" Professer Oak!

Here are the quotes
    Alright! I got Mew from the truck! Here's how: Get the key from Professor Oak after you complete the national Pokedex and beat him in a battle. He uses Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Snurffle, Deoxys, and Celebi all at level 100. Then, when you go to the truck, it is gone! Follow the tracks and you discover that it drove into the river! Run up to it and throw the key into the water. Then use one of your pokemon to destroy the doors on the truck. After you do, Mew pops out and is possessed by the spirits of the Keebler Elves! Blow him away by attacking with a Steel-type pokemon that knows electric attacks. After you beat him, capture Mew. Immediately after you do, Gary shows up and wants to battle, but then sees that you caught Mew and runs away screaming like a little girl.
    Mewwwwww!!!!!!!!!!! Has a secret to get it!!!!Catch all 380 (I rounded it to the nearest tenth)Catch Mewtwo last though!!! Then go to the elite 4 and beat them, go to the man who teaches you how to catch a pokemon (in viridian city) then go to bill and talk to him he'll say theirs somthing strainge going on in Cerilian cave. Their will be a man garding the cave he'll say no! No one is allowed in their is a strong force that must not be unlocked! Go to menu screen and click on master ball (if you have already used it to bad!)click on use the man will say oh I see....go forth great legand. Go to the same spot you found mewtwo only a smaller pinker creature will be there his level is 90.

Like I said these stories sound pretty farfetched.

yes, its all fake... mew is only avalible in japanese R/S/emerald

Dratini927

Matt the Drat
    Years
  • Aiya Quackform said:
    The 'truck glitch' is the oldest Mew glitch lie in the book. There really is a truck in RBY, I don't know about FrLg, but it does absolutely nothing.

Yes there is a truck in FRLG. And in that same area is a hidden Lava Cookie.

On the topic, if you hear about anyway to catch Mew, and it just sounds stupid, then chances are...it's not real. :P

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
    Years
  • For the first one, I heard that in the Red and Blue Japananese version only, (not in Yellow) you can move the truck and find mew, but that's only in Japan. I really doubt that it's true though, or they would have put it in the American version. And as for the second one, that's impossible because you cannot catch Mewtwo until after you have beaten the Elite 4. In my opinion, the only way to get Mew would be to get it at one of Nintendo's special events, which they are no longer having for the older games like Red, Blue, and Yellow, so I guess there is no way to get Mew on the older games.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2005
    Nuh Uhhhhhhh My Friend Has Mew In His Game And He Says That He Found A Truck And Got It From It. I Always Believe Whatever He Says. He Is So Cool.

emeraldslay

Obsessed with Mew/writing
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 3, 2008
    Ok, lets get some things straight.

1. Mew is available in the original Red and Blue American versions, by the long glitch.

2. Mew is not obtainable in the new Fire Red and Leaf Green versions

3. Mew can be caught in Emerald.

4. Mew can be gotten through a nintendo promotion or gameshark.

5. Mew is not gotten in the Japanese versions via the truck. On the Japanese versions, you have to capture all 150 Pokemon, then go to the guy who gave you Eevee, and as a reward you shall get Mew.

5. About 100, 000, 000, 000 mew cheats have been made. Only one is true.

And now a question...what the hell is a larva cookie? 0_o

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back