• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is the Battle Subway a good replacement for the Battle Frontier

flubbateios

Is the Battle Subway better than the Battle Frontier

Which is better Battle Subway or Battle Frontier

Last edited:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I personally like the Battle Frontier better because there was more to it than Battling. With the Battle subway, all you have is just battling whether it was doubles or even singles it got kind of boring. But with the Battle Frontier (I'm going to talk about the 4th Generation one) it had the Battle arcade which you can at random get things added to your team such as levels, or status inflections.

:t354:TG

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
    Years
  • The battle frontier is about a thousand times better than the Battle Subway, the battle frontier had more to it. It was more fun, however, I like the Gen III Emerald Frontier 1000 times more than the HG/SS one...

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Battle Frontier for me, but bounds are - if there is a third game, a battle frontier could even show up in Unova like Gen 3 and 4.

dreyko

Isolated System.
    Years
  • the battle subway gets kinda boring after a while. the battle frontier has more to do plus you could also teach your pokemon moves with BP you earn, an aspect i miss in 5th gen.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • Battle Frontier has more to do than Battle Subway. Though in the third game my opinion could change, if they add more interesting battle frontier-like features.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Battle Frontier > Battle Subway. There's more things to do in the Frontier, and there's a reason why the Frontier wasn't put in B/W (to save it for the third version).

flubbateios

So to everyone who said Battle Frontier I agree myself there is no replacement for the battle factory my favorite facility and a load of other things in the battle Frontier, in the subway there are just battles like the battle tower. :)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Battle Subway only replaced the Battle tower not the entire battle frontier. If the Frontier comes back then Subway will be in place of Tower.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • It doesn't offer any faculties outside of what the Battle Tower has offered. But if I remember correctly Ruby and Sapphire only offered Battle Tower then it was expanded upon in Emerald so maybe they will build upon it Third Version.

flubbateios

The battle frontier is about a thousand times better than the Battle Subway, the battle frontier had more to it. It was more fun, however, I like the Gen III Emerald Frontier 1000 times more than the HG/SS one...

I think emerald on the whole is the best game as well as the frontier being amazing

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • Battle Frontier is loads better than the subway, but I like the GEN III one the most, since it really has variety, (I can't remember the names of the facilities) You had ones were you rent Pokemon, the luck one (big Seviper building) the Pyramid was also challenging, you also had the facility were your Pokemon fight by themselves, the moves they use depend on their nature.

So all in all I like the battle frontier better. I can't wait till they remake R/S/E.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yeah moving this to PGC. If it were a "do you like battle subway?" thread, it'd fit in B/W, but since it's more of a comparison between the two, it fits in PCG. :)

As for me, I prefer the Subway simply because it's not as complicated as the Frontier appears to be, lol. Though really I haven't used either much, sooo...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I don't really care, hax luck runs rampant in both so I avoid both like the plague. There is more to do in the Frontier, so if someone pointed a knife at my throat and forced me to choose, I guess I'd say the Frontier.

ChrisTheChaosGamer

Hailing From Hoenn
    Years
  • i would have to say that i prefer the frontier over the subway. i find that there is more diversity between the different modes to use your pokemon (or in the case of the battle factory where you are given different pokemon) especially the arcade and castle. i find they should've done more with that than what they did.

Back