• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is there any enemies that you feel a certain affection for?

PokemonFan2000Man

Ex-Pokemon Dictionary
    Years
    In other words, do you kinda see an enemy that you don`t want to kill? For instance, I feel something for the Spiny. It may hurt you, but it`s just so innocent! I mean, the Lakitu throws them at you. It hurts them. But Mr. Lakilester, what the heck did they do to you? Nothing, right? Plus, if it didn`t care if it didn`t have its shell, it would be so cuddly! ...Right? And it doesn`t have to be a Mario enemy. It could be from any game.

Kenpokid

Hee-ho!
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    I kind of feel bad for Misery in Cave Story... If you've at least gotten far in the hidden level, you'd understand why.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    One could say Audino in Pokemon Black and White. After seeing the thread and the picture it had of it you don't wanna kill them anymore. I also don't wanna kill Chocobos in FF7. (They're so cute! Plus they say there's a deadly side effect to attacking them.... :paranoid:)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    There was a certain enemy I didn't want to kill, and it was certainly a female. Her name was Mara Aramov from the Syphon Filter series. She was at first stupid because she didn't know what the heck she was doing during the first two games. The third game in the series I refused to finish it because I felt so bad for her, and she was the final archenemy in the game. I sometimes wish she was never an enemy.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
    I feel bad a lot like this.:( I like a lot of Mario enemies that I hate killing. I mean they just walk around!

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    Well, I mean, what about Blankets when you don't kill your enemies? ._.
    Anyway, no. No there isn't. I enjoy killing virtual enemies way too much.

Last edited:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Creepers from minecraft are the bane of my existance... but I can't help but love them.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years

Foe Torchic
    (or Combusken/Blaziken) in the Battle Frontier. I feel terrible any time I have to KO one. :( I wonder how my Blaziken feels...

Poppant
    in Super Smash Brothers Brawl. All they do is run off and leave presents for me! Though some of them do inflict damage... :\

Bob-ombs and Goomba in the Super Mario series. Bob-ombs just look at you so innocently, and Goomba is just trying to walk around! (most of the time)

There's probably a Legend of Zelda enemy that should be in here, but I don't recall any at the moment...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Mithos Yggdrasil from Tales of Symphonia. I used to be able to kill him easily with no sweat, but now it's hard for me to. It's not because he's hard or anything, but because he's just so cute and I hate doing so.

The God Generals in Tales of the Abyss I don't like killing either, which is partly why I prefer Symphonia (because in Symphonia there is less grief for most of the other enemies).

(very funny playlist. playing 'Final Destination' as I write this. /sob)

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    In FFIX I felt bad for killing the reflections of my characters even though I knew they were just reflections and that they'd Death the characters they were reflecting if in my party. It felt like I was killing the characters altogether, and three of my party members I was really fond of. Zidane, Vivi, and Eiko.

I also feel bad for the Waddle Dees in the Kirby games. They're so adorable, especially in Epic Yarn where they squeak when they trip and fall ><;

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    I also feel bad for the Waddle Dees in the Kirby games. They're so adorable, especially in Epic Yarn where they squeak when they trip and fall ><;

Ooh, I forgot about the Waddle Dees! I haven't actually played a Kirby game yet, though I'm hoping to get Kirby's Epic Yarn...eventually...I think. But those guys sure are cute; I've mostly seen them sparingly in the Super Smash Brothers series and the Kirby - Right Back At Ya! anime. Imagining those little guys squeaking while they trip and fall is just too cute/funny! XD :3

Last edited:

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    TWEWY, Pig Noise. Too cute to erase, but we do so anyways. It helps that they're effectively mindless.

In addition, Prinnies.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
    Yes, I definitely agree with Waddle Dee! He's so cute and unassuming. The game descriptions also state that Bronto Burts don't mean to harm you. So I feel bad about that, too. I love Bowser in the Paper Mario series. He's so funny; I don't want to kick his ass.

Years
    Portal 2 spoiler alert.

Spoiler:

Back