• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is there any enemies that you feel a certain affection for?

Years
    Mario games:
    - Shy Guy
    - Koopa Troopa, and the variants4
    - Boo

Kingdom of Loathing:
    - Hippies
    - Dooks
    - Pirates
    - Iiti Kitties

Midget Bandits from Borderlands (360, PS3). Their melting is my fault.

Years
    I could just say Portal 2. XD

The cube robots I feel sorry for, because when you pick them up, they start shaking and look all adorable and sad.​

Nervous Eddy

Anxious Meowth
    Years
    The Jack Frosts and Pyro Jacks in the Shin Megami Tensei games. I mean, they just wave at you with a big grin! So friendly.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years

I could just say Portal 2. XD

The cube robots I feel sorry for, because when you pick them up, they start shaking and look all adorable and sad.

I feel the same way about the turrets. Or at least when I kill them. (I'm sorry! I'm different!)

Maraala

a fiery passion
    Years
    Big Daddies (often Mr. Bubbles) and Big Sisters, from Bioshock. I just can't help it. They're just trying to do their job and protect the Little Sisters, and then here you come and all of a sudden start assaulting them. I mean, sure they are biologically enhanced, but still.

And also Metroids from, well duh, the Metroid series. The Space Pirates used them for experiments which made some of the Metroids mutate, and you can't just help to feel sorry for them whenever you freeze them with your Ice Beam then shoot a missile at them.

And I'm also agreeing with the turrets from Portal.
    "Are you still there?"

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Once again, agreeing with the turrets from both Portals. I'm especially sympathetic with the "I'm different" turret from 2. Yay for foreshadowing!

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2018
    Even though she traps you in a laboratory, and tried to kill you. I didn't like having to kill GLaDOS, she was just so amazing.

Years
    Albert Wesker from the resident evil series ;_; he's always been my favorite character from the original game & he so cute! *flails arms* \(//∇//)\ I always feel bad trying to kill him. I apologize every time xD

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
    Years
    The Masked Man in Mother 3 after the he unveils himself to be the protagonist's long lost brainwashed half-robotic older brother.

Then, from the same game, there is also the "Whatever" enemy. When they first see the protagonist, they make a heart emoticon and just rush over at him. However, they don't begin a battle right away, they actually just go in front of you. If you run into them, however, then the battle starts, but if you don't, then you'll just get stuck with a bunch of Whatevers blocking the way.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    I don't approve of his actions but Sephiroth. Poor guy was just confused on who he was a lot of the time and then he realized he wasn't human. =(

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    From Pokemon, I could say N because of how he changed for the better in the end. Non-Pokemon wise, I'd say Bowser Jr. because, well, he's cute. I don't know if Wario counts, but if he does, then I like him because of his craziness.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I once made some fanfics abusing Goombas because well, they are so easy so abuse. I felt bad afterwards and now I love them XD

The Mario writers usually make a good job getting you to like the enemies anyway. Just play one Paper Mario game.

Elkoid

Cinnabar Child
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2011
    Miles Edgeworth in Phoenix Wright. ;___; I hate beating him in court, ugh.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    I hate killing Tonberries in Final Fantasy. Even though they tend to give lots of exp after killing them, they are just too awesome to kill even though they can one hit kill your party members.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    Needs moar Portal.

Turrets and GLaDOS. How can you stay angry or frustrated at either of the two, even if you're stuck on a level in Portal or Portal 2 --no matter how unlikely that sounds. The oracle turret was adorable. The defective turrets were funny as hell. I feel guilty destroying the normal turrets. "I don't hate you."

Besides that: Misery from Cave Story. You'll know why when you play through far enough to get to the Best Ending.

GTA San Andreas
    Spoiler:

GTA IV
    Dimitri Rascalov. I've just always liked Dimitri. Always looked kinda cool to me.

Back