• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Is There Goin 2 Be More Unknown

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2006
    In G/S/C they had all the letters of the alphabet. In R/S/E/R/G, the ! and ? Unknown were added. They're not much fun, really...

If their stats were a little bit higher.. or let me rephrase that,... A LOT HIGHER!!, then they might be worth more.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • The Unowns were just material for the movie. There isn't really much practical use for them in a serious battle. Kind of boring since they only have one move between 30~ variations, all of which fall under the same number in the PokeDEX. Nothing more than a shiny bauble in the world of Pokemon.

TonyHT

Years
  • Waste of space imo -_- For the 10 numerical Unowns we could get some cool evos of the old pokemons :)

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • Well there still was the Unowndex which listed them. It's funny how Serebii.net comes up with a strategy to get Hidden Power: Psychic along with a Twistedspoon to boost its one attack as much as possible.

mrplanters

The new meaning of legend
    Years
  • roadkirby lots of pokemon are in the pokemon movies like in destiny deoxys pulse and minum are in there and they suck

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
  • Oh well! Id really lyke 2 c improved Numeral unknownz! Doodz i sed Improved.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Aug 16, 2008
    Unowns have but one VERY IMPORTANT use to us - as number 201 in the Pokedex. I am a collector and my second-favorite thing to do besides raising my Pokemon to Lv 100 after beating the game is filling my Pokedex. Unowns are not useful for much else.

I don't want any new Unowns, but if they finally became a little more important, and I don't care how, then maybe they wouldn't be looked down upon so much. They should save the limited resources of the DS cards for something else, huh?

PS- Hidden Power might appear to be useless at first, but every individual Unown (or any other Pokemon that knows it) gets a random type that Hidden Power becomes - for the creature's lifetime. Think about it. It's not so bad now, is it? There is a way to determine if your Pokemon will have a certain type of H.P., but it's very confusing. Try serebii.net for more info.

[[.x___matt]]

Omg it's an emo!
    Years
  • There really is no need for them to be in the game at all. It would just be pointless to put them back in. They were a waste of time, and everyone agrees.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2006
    The only time when Unown catching was important (to the least extent) was in G/S/C, you had the Unowndex, and there was the capability to print them off with a GB printer, so you either had the optional goal to collect all of them or just let it slide. FR/LG and R/S/E has no Unowndex, nor the GBA never had a printer peripheral of it's own like it's predecessors did. But still, you have that optional goal to collect them all, despite the lack of those features. Plus, you have to catch at least 1 of any kind to add it's entry to the Pokedex. But collecting all of them is merely an additional challenge some could consider accepting.

Plus, you could use Unown to write stuff, like secret messages, as they are in the form of letters.

RoMeRz

Scotland The Brave
    Years
  • i don't care unkowns have always been useless pokemon and will still always be useless pokemon

As aposed to the other very useful pokemon in every day life?

They are a smaller version of one of the main ideas of the game, 'catch them all'.

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
  • Im sure they wunt put anynew 1z cuz maybe they have bettter pokemon then dem!!! But me wanna c Numeral unknownz and r not as useless as the letter unknownz and they have this wicked atk or effect!<----- That id lyke 2 c.

Back