• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is this creepy?

Platina Berlitz

Pure bliss
    Years
    It is weird to think about, but magically they never age. I want to live there :3 And, they don't seem to show any interest in Dawn (Or Ash dosen't show intrest in any girl for that matter) so she's pretty safe

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    thats my biggest beef with the series they never frikin' grow up!!!

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    I can understand what you're saying, I've thought about that once too. But, unlike our technical minds, the cartoons are anything but technical or rational. So. Lol. Nah. They didn't age. ((Or at least that much.))

Good point though.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Like TRR said, Ash show'd interest in Misty.

Lol, and Lyra showed interest in Ash (which makes me think he is older than them, seeing as girls at my school fancy 17-yr.olds).
    And like someone else said, it's probably just Celebi and Dialga messing around

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Ummm... It's not creepy because technically it's not true, and the canons in the anime and manga are two different things. It's already confirmed the children are gonna stay ten forever. We're gonna be seeing Gary as a freaking old man getting his ass whooped by 10 year old Ash. "I'M TEH POKEMANZ MASTUH!"

Is this creepy?

Is this creepy?

Is this creepy?

Is this creepy?

Dude. You can't headshot yourself four times and still survive... D:

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    Ummm... It's not creepy because technically it's not true, and the canons in the anime and manga are two different things. It's already confirmed the children are gonna stay ten forever. We're gonna be seeing Gary as a freaking old man getting his ass whooped by 10 year old Ash. "I'M TEH POKEMANZ MASTUH!"

I know that, but I was going if they were real.

Dude. You can't headshot yourself four times and still survive... D:

Sure I can. See?
    Is this creepy?

Is this creepy?

Is this creepy?

Is this creepy?

(Oh, come on! You just set me up for that one.)

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
    At the time of her debut Dawn is 10, Ash is about 13-15 and Brock is about 18-20. In the anime they have even had it said they have been traveling for more then a year. Heck Ash got one of his kanto badges after having traveled for over a year so your math would be wrong.

Well, none of them have hit puberty, so I guess not.

Actually Ash has hit puberty as can be told by his changed voice. Its still a little the same but sounds older.

Another thing is they may be like some people in the real world: Will age mentally and yearly but not physically. Its a disease that stops your body aging past a certain age.

Or it could be that Brock is at the tallest hes going to get as is Ash and anyone else in the show.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    Heck Ash got one of his kanto badges after having traveled for over a year so your math would be wrong.

Ash, according to the Electric Tales of Pikachu, was 10 years, 10 months, and 10 days old when he got Pikachu, and the first episode aired April, 1st 1997, and the most recent aired March, 4 2010, so my math isn't wrong. Sorry to tell ya. ;)

Years
    Another thing is they may be like some people in the real world: Will age mentally and yearly but not physically. Its a disease that stops your body aging past a certain age.
    I support this theory as well. Physically Ash is still 10, but he's probably 13-15 mentally.

When it comes to Brock, I don't know what to think. I would guess he's about 15 or so, but his size completely throws me off. ._.

Spoiler:

Maybe the humans in the Pokemon world just grow taller than IRL... >.>

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    Its anime. >_> Logic doesnt count xD

Conan from Detective Conan should be 30(13 since he shrunk into a kid) now xD But he is 17(7). lol

But Wow that would be creepy tho if they actually grew.

Zet

Years
    Wait, wait, wait. Ash is so totally older than 10, he even had a birthday or two in the animu! And in one of the pikachu shorts in one of the movies with the pichu bros. Ash is throwing a party of him and pikachu's 1 year anniversary.

I guess I just proved that they do age.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    Eh, He not like 23 tho <_< In the anime he still looks like a 10 year old. xD to me xD

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    Wait, wait, wait. Ash is so totally older than 10, he even had a birthday or two in the animu! And in one of the pikachu shorts in one of the movies with the pichu bros. Ash is throwing a party of him and pikachu's 1 year anniversary.

Thank you for helping me prove my point. Plus Team Rocket said that they were chasing Pikachu for longer than Dawn had been alive...

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
    Ash, according to the Electric Tales of Pikachu, was 10 years, 10 months, and 10 days old when he got Pikachu, and the first episode aired April, 1st 1997, and the most recent aired March, 4 2010, so my math isn't wrong. Sorry to tell ya. ;)

Actually it would be wrong as they never said what the year they started IN SHOW was so for all we know the in show year could have been 1999 or 2210 or something. Unless you know the in show dates you can't say anything like that. Plus the anime and manga have two different canon things. But yes 10years, 10months, 10 days is accurate due to the novelizations of the anime but again without knowing what the in show year is we cannot determine when he was born except that it was nearly 11 years before the first episode. Also with all anime time flows differently as you can have 5 episodes cover 1 day or have 3years pass between two episodes as is seen within DBZ around the android saga. So it isn't creepy that Ash and Brock are traveling with Dawn. Heck if Dawn was my daughter I would want her to be traveling with people that can look after her instead of letting her go out alone in a world of danger.

Years
    ^Word.

That doesn't prove that they age, it proves that time passes. Plus that couldn't have been Ash and Pikachu's one year anniversary, since they mentioned a year passing sometime in Kanto. And I don't remember Ash ever having a birthday either.

The writers have obviously deemed Ash's age unimportant, maybe they intended us to simply think as we want. If you want to think that this child/twerp/kiddie (As TR kindly puts it.) is 20, go ahead. If you want to think he's 12-16, good for you. I don't think he really has an age anymore.
    3:

pyronical

KOFFING!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2010
    Okay, just so you know in the anime, I'll bet it's only been A FEW MONTHS ever since Ash began his journey. So he's still 10, Brock is still 15, and Dawn is still 10.

I know we go around and around with this. But this is definitely wrong. In DP when Brock meets Dawn for the first time, Ash says "we've been travelling together for YEARS"

That implies he is at least 2 years past 10 now.

If you want to think that this child/twerp/kiddie (As TR kindly puts it.) is 20, go ahead. If you want to think he's 12-16, good for you. I don't think he really has an age anymore. 3:

Yeah, I think a good way of looking at is is each region is about a 1 year journey. A year in Kanto, a year in Johto, etc.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    well, this has been disscussed alot on this fourm and I think most of us have come to the conclusion that no ones really ages on this show :S

Back