• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is this creepy?

Years
    I know we go around and around with this. But this is definitely wrong. In DP when Brock meets Dawn for the first time, Ash says "we've been travelling together for YEARS"

That implies he is at least 2 years past 10 now.
    No it doesn't. 3:

Again, that only proves that time passes. The Simpsons have had like 10 Christmas specials, which would put Bart at 20 years-old, but he's still 10. I refuse to believe Ash ages unless the writers clearly point it out. Don't you think the writers would just come out and tell us if they cared about Ash's age?

Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
    I know we go around and around with this. But this is definitely wrong. In DP when Brock meets Dawn for the first time, Ash says "we've been travelling together for YEARS"

That implies he is at least 2 years past 10 now.

Yeah, I think a good way of looking at is is each region is about a 1 year journey. A year in Kanto, a year in Johto, etc.

Actually if you go by whats said in the Indigo League series its 1 year to get the 8 badges for Ash and then another 2 months before the opening of the League so if we think of the total time for the actual League being a few days then his journey in Kanto(first time) is roughly 14months 7-10 days.

Also that comment about Team Rocket saying they had been chasing Pikachu for longer then Dawn had been alive, Are you actually sure the exact words they used were "We ahve been chasing Pikachu since before you were born" or was it "We have been at this longer then you have been around"? if its the later it can have two meanings: 1 is they are talking about having been chasing Pikachu since before Dawn joined the group. 2 is that they are talking about how they have been doing bad things since before she was born since they would be roughly about 8-9years older then Dawn is as they are about 17 when they first show up

Last edited:
    Years
    Actually if you go by whats said in the Indigo League series its 1 year to get the 8 badges for Ash and then another 2 months before the opening of the League so if we think of the total time for the actual League being a few days then his journey in Kanto(first time) is roughly 14months 7-10 days.

Also that comment about Team Rocket saying they had been chasing Pikachu for longer then Dawn had been alive, Are you actually sure the exact words they used were "We ahve been chasing Pikachu since before you were born" or was it "We have been at this longer then you have been around"? if its the later it can have two meanings: 1 is they are talking about having been chasing Pikachu since before Dawn joined the group. 2 is that they are talking about how they have been doing bad things since before she was born since they would be roughly about 8-9years older then Dawn is as they are about 17 when they first show up
    I'm pretty sure they said "since before you were born!". My guess is that they were just breaking the fourth wall. Dawn is 10 in the Pokemon world, and Team Rocket has been chasing Pikachu for over 10 IRL years.

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
    What episode was this comment in?

Ok never mind I found what your on about. From what I saw all they said was "We have been at this so long we are trade marked" nothing about before Dawn was born

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    What episode was this comment in?

Ok never mind I found what your on about. From what I saw all they said was "We have been at this so long we are trade marked" nothing about before Dawn was born

The Japanese version anyone?

EDIT: Also don't trust subtitles you have to know Japanese to understand fully. :3

Back