• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Is wonder trade dead?

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    Hello everyone, Jux here. I took a break from Pokemon for about a month to play LoZ: Link between two worlds. Now that I beat the game, I wanted to get back into battling and trading. I went into wonder trade and tried to trade my level 100 sandslashes out for the world. Yet, each and every time I tried to wonder trade, I can't seem to find other traders. It's also WTW, so I figured that everyone would be trading. What gives?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I dunno, I was Wonder Trading today and got some cool stuff like Klefki and a Phanpy with nice egg moves. I never once was unable to find partners...maybe you just picked a bad time? :<

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I'm wondering 'bad time' as Syd says. It happens from time to time. I wouldn't be surprised if WT's drying up though, given the lack of post-game contents in all Gen VI games, it's bound to end up like that.

Years
  • When Wonder Trading first started up, it was a huge hit since it was a new shiny feature, but since it's been 2 years since it was first introduced I can see it dying down a bit.

Years
  • I find that it's usually lively, but when WTW rolls around, it starts acting up. Can't find partners, or communication fails. Any other time I try, it works fine. I dunno. It only ever fails on WTW for me.

Nurse Joy

Would you like to rest your Pokémon?
    Years
  • Getting no partner hasn't happened to me since before ORAS. However, there's never really anything good on it. The only cool thing I've ever got was a shiny lv.100 Kyogre when I was doing a wonderlocke (which I still can't believe), but usually it's zigzagoons and wurmples. Occasionally you'll get something cool like a Houndoom or Pokemon with Pokerus, but I don't think people are really into it as they used to be. I always forget it exists haha​

Years
  • When I (infrequently) play ORAS I'll sometimes WT anything I have sitting around like Pokemon I used for breeding that I don't think I need anymore (never Zigzagoon or Wurmple though) and I almost always connect fine. Usually I get something not terrible, too, like Pokemon with good stats or egg moves or high levels.

Years
  • Every once and a while I will get that problem. But you would think it would be much more active because of WTW. I think my problem is that I play at weird times of the day, thanks to my odd work schedule.

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 3, 2018
    The only times when I fail to find a trade partner, is when I have connection issues.

jessluvstolaugh

Video game maniac
    Years
  • I agree that wonder trade used to be a huge hit with a wider variety of pokemon but now it seems like no one uses it anymore. I still use it because I'm trying to complete my Pokedex and I love surprises!!!!

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    When i was breeding last month i wonder traded all of the spitbacks from my previous projects. Activity was spotty, depending on what i believe was the time of day. I got a bunch of good iv and even some shinies, so i think if people are patient enough they can still score big sooner or later.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I don't think I've ever had any issues with Wonder Trade. I do agree, it takes a lot of time and patience. I don't always get a rare pokemon. When I do use it, I just do to get some pokemon I can use for new games. Just now, I got a shiny Jirachi while I was posting this!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Wonder trade seems to die infrequently. I don't think there's a pattern, but I know there were a couple Wednesdays where there was maintenance or a system issue, but I believe it's resolved now.

Years
  • Well, I also haven't played in a while, but in X/Y it only happened to me once, it was unable to find partners, I tried again, and again, then it found, then it was unable... After some time it returned to normal. I hope it doesn't end like that cause I have tons of pokémon to spread and once in a while there are some cool egg moves or HA I don't have yet in the middle of ordinary Route 101 ones.

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
    Years
  • Isn't dead. People use it to send their lv1 Pokémon without the best NATURE, so you can use it to complete your Dex easily. Even when some people only send Poochyenas and that stuff but well, you can't always win. I love to send Buizels 8)

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    In the month of July there were 3 Wednesday's in a row where the servers were having trouble because of the amount of wonder trading. It actually forced Nappy (the person credited for the WTW) to move to Fridays (WTF lol) if im not mistaken

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2016
    I don't think I've ever had a problem finding someone to trade on Wonder trade. Finding GOOD people to trade on Wonder trade however sometimes can be a hassle haha. Some days I'll get really good stuff then the other days I'll get a lot of starting route rubbish!

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I've never really used Wonder Trade all that much, though I did when I played a Wonderlocke run of X last year.

I didn't get many good mons besides the occasional Froakie that didn't the right ability

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • I don't think I've ever had any issues with Wonder Trade. I do agree, it takes a lot of time and patience. I don't always get a rare pokemon. When I do use it, I just do to get some pokemon I can use for new games. Just now, I got a shiny Jirachi while I was posting this!

event pokemons cant be wonder traded so it cant be true they have ta certain ribbon if they are real that prevent them from being traded in wt and gts

Back