• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Isshu Daycare?

Totaldile

appeared! Totaldile used RAWR!
    Years
    What about a search feature for the boxes? With 500+ pokemon it'll be agony finding that one rattata with hyper fang at level 2 your friend traded you.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    If they have some sort of phone function like in Johto, the day care people should call you if your Pokemon is about to learn a new move.

What would really be nice would be if you could access your PC boxes /while/ talking to the Daycare Lady, so when she asked you which Pokemon you wanted to store, you could go through your PC instead of having to put that Pokemon in your party, then re-withdrawing your original Pokemon. It would be so much more convenient. :3
    Yes please. These are probably the best two ideas brought up thus far. The one thing that holds me back from putting my Pokémon in the Day Care is losing a solid move for something less. So, a phone call letting me know my Pokémon is ready to learn something new and I have the choice to decide whether it learns it or not and if so what move to forget would be best. This would also be handy for evolution; to decide if I'd like for my Pokémon to evolve or not when they reach that point.

Think about it: Going to pick up your newly evolved Pokémon with some useful moves. It'll feel like the Day Care really did something to help you out while on your travels.

...and yes, I find it so tedious every time I have to go back and forth my PC Box and my roster team when I want to drop off a couple of Pokémon at the Day Care. This would at least ease that up a bit and make things so much easier. :D Plus, when having to go pick them up and your team is full [Ugh], I hate that feeling even more. I mean couldn't it just be directly put into my PC Box, please?

Adding in the option to drop off a couple more Pokémon rather than just two would be nice too. I wouldn't mind that to say the least.

Pokegear.net

The Pokegear
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2010
    What about a search feature for the boxes? With 500+ pokemon it'll be agony finding that one rattata with hyper fang at level 2 your friend traded you.

Agree! they had a similar system in RSE where you could find pokemon with ribbons. Even just finding a single species of Pokemon is tiring, this would be a great adition. If the pokedex has one, why can't the box system have one?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    As nice as the moves idea sounds I just dunno if that is really likely, considering the amount of attacks Pokemon can actually learn. :(

But I agree with the more Pokemon, the box access when talking and seeing Pokemon in the field ideas.

Also if it was like an actual daycare centre rather than two old people's home...then that would be good, idk, just to have a more realistic feel to it. Also, toys!

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015

dont "fix" a persons statement, you dont have the right to alter wat a person says or does, and its rude, thank you.

i kind hope they give you an egg storage thing, instead of storing your eggs in your boxes, the daycare holds them :D

Zet

Years
    dont "fix" a persons statement, you dont have the right to alter wat a person says or does, and its rude, thank you.

i kind hope they give you an egg storage thing, instead of storing your eggs in your boxes, the daycare holds them :D

I was simply correcting their statement, Nintendo is the publisher, Gamefreak are the creators.

A storage sounds pretty nice, but how many eggs do you expect a pokemon to lay?

Zet

Years
    Honestly, I'd love a feature like the PokeWalker's: Your Pokemon can interact with other people's Daycare Pokemon.

Honestly this is one of the best ideas I have seen in this thread. I hope that has been implemented into the game/pokewalker since I wouldn't mind poking a few friend's pokemon around. >:)

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    They could then maybe breed with Pokemon of people on your Pal Pad. Either the person with the female Pokemon gets the egg or they get twins. It would be cool if they were identical twins and had the same IVs. :P

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    I want to be able to put a pokemon into the daycare and I have it get paired up with a random pokemon from across the world. Then I get an egg out of it.

Prince of the Sea

#1 Manaphy Fan
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2011
    I want to be able to put a pokemon into the daycare and I have it get paired up with a random pokemon from across the world. Then I get an egg out of it.
    Woooah. I can imagine the "Mature" rated Pokemon fanfics about this feature already.... *shudders uncontrollably* :cer_eek:

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I was simply correcting their statement, Nintendo is the publisher, Gamefreak are the creators.

A storage sounds pretty nice, but how many eggs do you expect a pokemon to lay?

i understand,my apologies if i came off lil strong.

not just 1pokemon, i tend to get 1-3 from each pokemon, but i breed ALOT, mainly for cyndaquil to have extrasensory, but i also breed beginners i get in trades,so i can raise my own, i also breed baby pokemon so i can fill the pokedex, & i love to hatch eggs so i usually have at least 10-15eggs in my PC at a time ^^"

which ive learned after being able to nearly fill my pokedex,takes up alot of space,ive got 1empty box left, if you dont count the box thats half full with pokemon i stored for my wife (mainly shiny eevees,&shiny eeveelutions lol)

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
    Years
    I'd actually like to see the Pokemon outside in the fences and be able to see their actions. (Not counting, y'know they would do that inside)

~Prof. W.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2010
    i was thinking maybe you could store up to eight-ten pokemon. there are two rooms. the room to level them up which can hold all the daycare pokemon. and then another room witch can only hold two pokemon plus an egg, it will be a breeding room. i dont think the young pokemon wanna see older pokemon make eggs XD

Back