• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Isshu Daycare?

Years
    Colorful eggs so we can tell what they are...I mean if we breed them then we can tell what they are going to be anyways...no mystery there...
    I agree with this. During that one day when you decide to clean out your box by hatching all those eggs you've accumulated over the months, half the fun is not knowing what the eggs will hatch into! It's not really necessary to make a sprite for every single basic and baby Pokemon. Maybe if they simply colored it according to its type.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    D: but yoshi is so awesome lol jk! true that, i want my cyndaquil egg to look like it does in the anime :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2022
    All I ask is for a long, straight path similar to D/P/Plat. so that I can simultaneously hatch and receive eggs. I won't breed in HG/SS for this sole factor.

Years
    All I ask is for a long, straight path similar to D/P/Plat. so that I can simultaneously hatch and receive eggs. I won't breed in HG/SS for this sole factor.
    You're post made me wonder how awesome it would be if there was a treadmill in the daycare, and that statement right there gives me another random idea...

A training gym. It'd be cool if there was a place where we could play Pokemon-related mini-games to earn some experience, but that's a bit off-topic.

Years
    Building on the idea of being able to access your boxes while depositing Pokemon, why not just be able to send a select few off to the daycare through any PC? Presumably all of your boxed Pokemon are sent to the Pokemon Lab for safe keeping, so why not be able to send them directly to the Daycare? You could just pay for the service through the PC, but you would still have the option of dropping them off/ picking them up the traditional way. This would solve the problem of having to go back and forth between the counter and the PC, and would be much more convenient.

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
    Years
    I can stand for them to keep only 2 pokemon at a time, I don't give a damn. What feature I would like is for them to freakin' call you before they just up and delete a move and ruin a good 8 hours of breeding, or just have an option where they don't overwrite older moves at all. I can't even count how many times I've deleted all but one move on a pokemon so the babies specifically learn it and 2 minutes later the day-care people have just utterly f***ed what I've tried to accomplish for 2 hours. I try to teach my eevees wish and covet and the first thing they do is delete those moves off of my MALE skitty that I spent 4 hours trying to breed and an hour training up so it knew the moves. And more recently I went through the trouble of breeding gligar that know cross poison and after the second batch they didn't know the move anymore, because it was deleted for f***ing harden of all things. Great use of my time.

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I can stand for them to keep only 2 pokemon at a time, I don't give a damn. What feature I would like is for them to freakin' call you before they just up and delete a move and ruin a good 8 hours of breeding, or just have an option where they don't overwrite older moves at all. I can't even count how many times I've deleted all but one move on a pokemon so the babies specifically learn it and 2 minutes later the day-care people have just utterly f***ed what I've tried to accomplish for 2 hours. I try to teach my eevees wish and covet and the first thing they do is delete those moves off of my MALE skitty that I spent 4 hours trying to breed and an hour training up so it knew the moves. And more recently I went through the trouble of breeding gligar that know cross poison and after the second batch they didn't know the move anymore, because it was deleted for f***ing harden of all things. Great use of my time.

i feel your pain mate, same thing with my skitty T^T

D3r Schatten

shiny collector
    Years
    volroc i think that is a great idea, to be able to lock certain moves so that they wont be auto-deleted by the people there, but evolutions? ehh not so much, i still think that should be something you deal with on your own

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I would like that thing that was mentioned earlier about accessing boxes. That would be nice.

Other than that... they need to make items that cause Pokemon to be more likely to have eggs if they hold it in the Day Care. After all, I've always been unlucky with that. Even with them saying they like each other, I've, at times, had to ride around for hours waiting for an egg.

Also, to the people who want to lock moves so they can't learn new ones over it in the Day Care: You do realize that all you have to do is put the move you want as the fourth move, don't you? The move deleted is always the one at the top. Unless your Pokemon learns four new moves in between being put in the Day Care and being taken out, it'll still have the move. This won't work, however, if you have four moves to keep.

D3r Schatten

shiny collector
    Years
    and then what iif you need a bunch of eggs but need to keep three of the moves? taking it out and putting it back in would probably work but its just tedious and can be made simpler

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
    I would like a feature, that one of your pokemon would teach another pokemon a move while being in day care. For example a Miltank will teach Tauros how to use Body Slam.
    I also would like a feature that you may pay twice the price and pokemon will get exp.points 2 times more. :)

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Let's go futuristic. Pokemon being able to be sent directly from you to the daycare and/or PC and backwards through whatever the hell b&w's poketch-successor is called.

Back