• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen It takes 42 hours to get Mewtwo

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
  • Ever since I got my FireRed, I never caught Mewtwo. Not even in my Leaf Green copy. Or R/B/Y either, which is kind of sad. In the ten years I played Pokemon, I never caught Mewtwo, but if it's just FR/LG, than I haven't caught it since the day it came out.

mockingod

Super Mario World Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2010
    bah anyone who's saying 15, 25, or wateva hours.

thats a dirty lie

coz you have to have pokemon at around LVL 65 atleast to beat the E4.
    and that takes time.
    training the pokemon took up most of my time, and i was VS Seekering ppl that give lots of EXP.

Acctually I beat the elite four and gary with a lvl 40 Venasaur lvl 37 Lapras
    lvl 34 Snorlax lvl 55 zapdos lvl 52 moltres lvl 51 articuno and the first time i ever played fire red I got mewtwo at full health with my second ultra ball. Anyone who want to become a complete ass and say this is a lie this is not

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016
    I've been playing Blue and I just beat Misty at a little over 15 hours.

Years
  • if anyone was wondering, it takes approximately 42 hours of playying pokemon Leaf Green/Fire Red to get Mewtwo.

just finished doing it myself.

now to put him through to my pokemon platinum.

That long???

Fastest it took me to Mewtwo was a just-under-thirteen hour run with Charmander as starter.

I eventually had:

Charizard, Parasect, Mr.Mime, Magneton, Snorlax, Vaporeon all hovering in the mid-60's.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • The first time I played through LeafGreen it took about 20 hours to get to Mewtwo for me, because I wasn't sure where to go to get the Ruby and Sapphire plates, since I had the rest of the game mapped out in my mind from playing the originals.

On subsequent tries my time obviously got shorter.

LinK93

Translator/Beta tester
    Years
  • It toked me 13 hours i could have less 1 hour but i used the master ball on articuno and i was playing on yellow so there wasn´t any special balls neither the missigno so i needed to freeze him and lower his life and it wasn't false swipe 8/

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
  • It does depend on the person. I believe that I could get Mewtwo around the 8 - 10 hours mark easily. I played through Ruby and beat the leauge and caught all the legends and it was only like 7 - 8 hours.

Cacnea08

The Legend of Cacnea :)
    Years
  • I just easily got Mewtwo! I already know the place of Ruby Stone and Sapphire Stone!

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
    Years
  • I got to mewtwo in 20 hours just used a wigglytuff through the whole game and soloed the E4 so no need to grind for me wiggly was around lv 85 when I reach victory road

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • I got to mewtwo with a 14 hour game time, however when I left the cave it was 15 so about 14 hours and 40 minutes for me..

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    It took me about 19 hours to got mewtwo, i don't like him much so i took my time to get him, one some catching and such and such.

Years
    • Age 30
    • NJ
    • Seen Aug 2, 2009
    ive had it for 2 years and i still cant beat blue he beats my raichu which makes it harder to kill his blastoise my charizard keeps dying when he sends in blastoise.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I'm at 190 game time (240 for Pearl @ 3rd Badge) in Leaf Green and I've 135/151 Pokémon caught :\ I mass-leveled them all, even if I don't us'em, to 55 before beating Geovanni; I still hafta get'em all to 65 and then 70 for Mewtwo, so I should catch him around 250h of game time.

I play a bit differently though lol

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2009
    Dood, i've played for 17 hours, I've got 60 pokemon in my dex, and I've just got the 8th badge.
    And I'm going incredibly slowly.
    I doubt that beating the elite 4 and doing the missions is gonna take 25 hours.

If I tried right from the start, it would probably take me like... 20 hours total.
    You just suck at pokemon 8D
    I kid.

Dark-Soul

Darkness...
    Years
  • Catching Mewtwo didn't take me 42 hours...much lesser in FireRed/LeafGreen, and when I fought it, I was really lucky to catch it from the first try with an Ultra Ball. :D
    In Generation I games...it took me more than 42 hours to get one because I didn't know how to acces the Cerulean Cave.

Back