• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen It takes 42 hours to get Mewtwo

SmashBro

Asian KungFu Generation Rocks!
Years
  • it depends, in LG I was to lazy to train my pokemon so i just used the legendary birds, and alot of full restores, so i caught in under 20 hrs. but in FR, it's been 17 hrs and I only have 5 badges, but my pokemon lvs range from 40-50

Arceus10000

Radical Battical
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 21, 2020
    Dude no offense but um it took me like 7 hours to catch him xD

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2009
    Each people have their style playing, some take more time and some less :P 48 is kinda long but OK.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2009
    well i caught metwo around the 80 hour mark first time i played through Fire red

Beating the elite 4 even with your super starter is hard but the 3 legendary birds help out alot

i took a while talking to everyone in the game running through the seven islands and getting most off the 150 pokemon before i finally got mew

Years
  • Well, we're both doing our part to "even" out the average so it all works out. 8)

Ever try with just one Pokemon? Instead of evenly levelling 4 Pokemon, just powerlevel one of them. Makes the game super boring but you plow through everything with ease and by the time you get to the E4 it's so overlevelled you can get through them with some Full Restores and Ethers. :/ Or so I assume, anyway.

Thats what I did.

Had one charizard level 83-85 (cant remember because it was a long long time ago) and three legendary birds. :/ doesnt really take that long

Years
  • I played for 35 hours without completing the Pokémon league so I never got the chance to get him. Then I restarted.

LeafGreen seemed alot harder than the other games.

Epoxy

Naked Girl.
    Years
  • I don't remember it taking me that long but okay, I know I chose squirtle first and bust alot of ass and eventually got the birds and raped stuff and got Mewtwo, very fast maybe I should do a run through and see how long it really takes.

Divine~Deoxys

I took about 90 hours to get past the E4, a further 10 to get past E4 and Champion, then 5 more to get to Mewtwo. Yet i take 60 hours and i've had platinum completed since 2 days after i got it.

Everyone's time's different

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2013
    Lol levels really don't matter too much
    As long as the difference isn't too big
    I beat my firered in under 20h and caught mewtwo with my highest level a 62 charizard
    Also i beat red in silver with a team between lv 59-68 :P

scyfer

Veteran Trainer
    Years
  • bah anyone who's saying 15, 25, or wateva hours.

thats a dirty lie

coz you have to have pokemon at around LVL 65 atleast to beat the E4.
    and that takes time.
    training the pokemon took up most of my time, and i was VS Seekering ppl that give lots of EXP.

at least lv.65?? wow, evertime i get to the pokemon league my pokemon are in their mid 45's, but never over lv 50, and i beat the elite 4 just fine

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • at least lv.65?? wow, evertime i get to the pokemon league my pokemon are in their mid 45's, but never over lv 50, and i beat the elite 4 just fine
    I agree with you on this. In every game I have played except Yellow I have beaten the E4 and Gary with pokemon ranging from 40-50 max. When I did have FR I managed to get to Mewtwo in like half a day and that was because I just sat there focused only on the game. Lol I didn't even stop to eat or anything. But now-a-days I tend to take ages completing my games as half the time I'm sitting there playing while chatting online and forget that I'm in the middle of a game. Like right now as I type this I'm playing Platinum.

Velvex the Øverlørd

The Apparition
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2013
    The first time I played Blue version, I think it took me around 40 hours, but now on Fire Red it takes about 20.

Back