• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Item Ideas

Gordonator123

Believe...
Years
  • I didn't see a thread for this, so sorry if one already exists...

I want to see, what items can we come up with...

Mine would be:

Items that change types, maybe something like Arceus's plates.

An item that gives you Kecleon's ability.

Last, but not least, an item that randomizes weather, like, when you first throw the pokemon holding the item, he can create a sandstorm, or make it rain, etc.

What are your ideas??

Years
  • Stabilizer - Allows pokemon to maintain the form it has at the end of its first battle until the Stabilizer is unequipped. That way, Castform, Kecklon, Ditto... they can maintain a permanent form change.

Years
  • Another item that would come in handy is, something like lets you catch pokemon easier, like, it boosts your luck to catch a pokemon...

Poké Ball=1
    Great Ball=2
    Ultra Ball=3.5
    Master Ball=Always.

etc. No need for that type of item.

An item idea would be an item to keep a Pokémon from leveling or gaining exp, if you want it as a trophy in mint condition.

Last edited:

Tyrant626

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • Mood Ring: An item to be held by a pokemon. It changes the user's type to the move it uses, before the move is used.

Ex- Scizor became a FIGHTING type.

Scizor used Brick Break.

Years
  • Mood Ring: An item to be held by a pokemon. It changes the user's type to the move it uses, before the move is used.

Ex- Scizor became a FIGHTING type.

Scizor used Brick Break.

How would it know what move you're going to use before you use it?

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    How would it know what move you're going to use before you use it?
    He's talking about after you select it, but before the move is used.

But, no. An item that gives every move STAB is not fun. I don't like it. Too overpowered.

The only item I could possibly want is an item, that when given to a Pokemon, the Pokemon is more likely to have an Egg in the Day Care. I'm usually really unlucky with the creation of eggs, so that would be nice.

Well, an item that makes the Pokemon disobedient (like when you don't have enough badges) would be interesting, if frustrating and, ultimately, useless.

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
  • Another item that would come in handy is, something like lets you catch pokemon easier, like, it boosts your luck to catch a pokemon...

i actually find it quite easy to catch Pokemon now...
    i was hoping they would actually make it harder to catch them =\

uhmm i've always wanted to have like Throw items like the way you would Throw Rocks in the First Safari Zone =P just to piss the pokemon off xDD

or have like Status Problem items or Damage items so it's different from Berries
    Lightning Crown: Gives 5 Damage and inflicts Paralysis of hit by a Super Effective Move
    Flame Wristband: Gives 5 Damage and induces a Burn if hit by a Super Effective Move
    and ect. =D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...kay I hope this post isn't too confusing.

Common Candy: Decreases your Pokemon's level by 1.

Decreases? That would have no real point at all, considering if you kept the item on it, you could bring your Pokemon down to level 1 and... I don't see the point in that, unless your Pokemon is too strong to assist you in capturing a legendary, but you could just use another Pokemon.

Besides, when your Pokemon increase a level, they grow up (it's like birthdays for us, I guess) and it helps you supposedly bond with them - as you battled together, gained the experience together... and plus it boosts your EVs/IVs/etc. So effectively, you'd just be reversing your hard work for no actual reason.

And in-game, besides in battle frontier or wifi battles (or anything where experience doesn't count), you always gain levels, rather than decrease levels, which is why rare candy fits into the game well.

I really don't think this will ever happen, since in Pokemon you try to be the strongest, battle, capture, beat other trainers and with decreasing levels, that goal is unattainable. By all means you can wish for this to happen, just that the idea is sort of flawed.

An item that reverses evolution. You know, a novelty item you'll never actually use.

As interesting as this is, I don't think it'll happen. I'll avoid bringing religion into this by saying that once a species changes, it can't go back to its previous form, because biologically over time its genes (and other things) have changed. For example, animals have evolved. They were once larger and looked different. Due to the environment, etc, and other influences, they have undergone these changes and are the animals we know today.

In real life, animals can't undo the changes that have occured within them and in Pokemon, it's the same.

Then again, this is just my opinion based on real life examples, but who knows, Pokemon could go against the way nature works if it really wants to.

Years
  • I wouldn't mind an item that could be given to eggs to make them hatch faster. Something like the equivalent to having a Slugma in your party. Even better would be a key item that affected all your eggs.

Shinjiro

Secret Request Helper.
    Years
  • Battle Items :
    - Quick Fencer : Raise up Attack and Speed in Battle (Rare Item).
    - Hard Stone : Sharply raise up Defense (Rare Item).

Held Items :
    - Hawk Eye : Raise up Accuracy of Flying type Pokemon in Battles if held.
    - Mike of Love : Extend the user's moves with the effect of Sleep when held this Items.

Shinjiro

Secret Request Helper.
    Years
  • That Hawk Eye? It'd probably throw the perceived balance in the battle system off (not that the upcoming changes won't already do that). Besides, Pokémon such as Pidgeot have Keen Eye. And the rarity of an item like the "Quick Jack" you suggested wouldn't do jack (excuse the pun), because people could just trade millions of them or hack them. That, and people would find it useless anyway (in the competitive scene, at least) since you can't use non-Held items in battle.

(Also, Hard Stone is already an item name. Haha.)

Shoot! You're right. Hard Stone is already a name of an existing Items in Pokemon series! GOSH! How can I not notice? But, That Quick Jack...Did I said that earlier?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Can't that be covered by Red Flute, Jake?

Shinjiro

Secret Request Helper.
    Years
  • Thanks to you, now I'm making mistakes. Haha.

As much as Mental Herb is useful in the Pokémon games, we need some item (or ability) that limits infatuation somehow and DOESN'T disappear after use. Infatuation is probably THE most annoying status condition (especially when coupled with Mean Look!)

Yeah, you're right about that Limits Infatuation things. We need more Items that can't disappear after using it. That's the best kind of Items~

EDIT : @Hiroshi Sotomura
    Umm...Yeah you're right. Sorry for my silly wish~

Last edited:
    Back