• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's baaaaaack: VGC 30-Day Music Challenge!

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Day 6: A song that makes you happy

Off the top of my head, I'll go with "In Amber Clad"/"Trapped in Amber" Depending if you're playing Halo 2 or Halo 2 Anniversary

God damn Jackals...

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years

I'll go with a Diddy Kong Racing track. Reminds of the good times (as well as bad) playing this as kid. The silver coin challenge for this level was a pain in the ass.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years

Kind of a hard one to come up with

Day 7: A song that makes you sad

Without going into spoiler territory, the song does a great job reminding me of the fun Peace Walker times, and what happened to them (in terms of plot mind you) in Ground Zeroes/Phantom Pain

Last edited:

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
Day 6 A song that makes me happy

There's just something hopeful about this one.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years

One of the sadder moments in gaming history for me. Having to lie to a child in game or tell the truth that you will abandon her. ;-; The music captures the essence of sorrow perfectly.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
Day 8: A song that scares you

When it comes to a song that scares me, it is not so much the song that is scary, more like the location where the song is played at. The song I choose comes from Mass Effect 2. The location the song plays at is the Derelict Reaper. The song I am going with is Legion.

Arsenic

Years

Path of Borealis is pretty somber. Even when it adds in the drums. From HL2

Halo 3 Dread intrusion

Excluding the middle chunk, which is wonderful halo drums.

"It followed me home..."

I hated this mission when I was younger. It scared the crap out of me. I still don't like the flood (though their better than the filler promethians of newer halo... Heck, everything of bungie's halos is better, but thats a rant for a different thread...

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years

Honestly no clue, it's usually the atmosphere and sfx that might scare me. Can't really think of an actual song, so I'll just go with the most generic answer and post Lavender Town. It's the only song that still makes me feel weird.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years

Given Majora's Mask's darker tone, you expect to hear some music fitting in with that theme. Ikana Canyon was always creepy to me as a kid and the song just added to the atmosphere. The whole region is home to the dead and filled with spirits who linger with regret and hatred.

"To die without leaving a corpse...That is the way of us Garo" :)

Arsenic

Years
Day 9: A song that annoys you

You could probably pick any 8/16 bit tracks to put here. For me, video games and their music are not like wine, cheese, and cars, in that they do not get better the older they get. They are outdated, constantly outdone, and do not hold up to anything but the most hard-set nostalgia. There are exceptions of course, like if a game jumps to a bad direction in future installments or other reasons.

So aside from that, I'll just pick a random one. And todays winner for my s***list in..... *drum roll*

Castlevania - Vampire Slayer

It gives me a headache and almost had me close out my browser.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years

Well, I associate the annoyance more so with the level than the actual song. Who actually liked the rolling ball levels from Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2? The song is rather fitting with slowly going insane though and these courses will do that to you.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years

Really hard choice because I don't remember songs I don't like. I'll just go with a random NES loop

THE POWER OF LOVE

Day 10: A songs that plays in the Overworld

Hard choice since it's been ages since I played a game with an overworld. Will settle for most nostalgic

Arsenic

Years
I don't know if it counts as an overworld in a traditional sense, since there are no sub-areas, but...

Just Cause 3 - Exploration Vehicle 01

I love anything with the Italian/Spanish vibe to it.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
Day 10
Since I already used up Terra's theme from FF6 as my 16 bit track I'll have to go for a different fave

also missed 4 days super sorry

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Day 10 - Overworld song

Lioneye's Watch - Path of Exile:

Fine work with Hillock. Where'd you learn to fight like that? No, don't tell me. We exiles have no history. Dominus took it from us the moment his Blackguards dumped us in the water out there. It's just live or die, now.
Here, have one of these, and no need to thank me. I'm thinking of myself, and the others here. The longer we fighters live, the longer everyone lives.

Lioneye's watch is the first town that every Exile in Wraeclast ventures into, and in this town, we are provided with such a wonderful yet somehow lonely song that reminds the players of the struggles of the suviving exiles.. the exiles who unlike the player characters, do not possess the bravery, foolishness, love for death and carnage, and blood thirst that the player exiles do.

That Piano is lovely btw.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
Day 11: A protagonist theme

It's really hard, but I'll go with Kusuha and Bullet's theme from Super Robot Wars Alpha/OG when they get RyuKoOh/KoRyuOh

Back