• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

It's baaaaaack: VGC 30-Day Music Challenge!

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Day 10 - A song that plays on the Overworld

Tough one. There's a lot of overworld themes that I like (FFIX's has already been posted) so I'll just go with the most recent one I've really enjoyed.

Beautiful track that instantly blew me away.

Day 11: A protagonist theme

Well, not really the protagonist of the series, but still a playable character so I think it still counts. Virtual-On has been dead for years now, but it was one of my favorite series back in the day. Fun gameplay, awesome mech designs (by Katoki), and really catchy music. At least it still gets the occasional love by Banpresto by including it in a few SRW games.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Day 11 - Protagonist theme

Well since no rules say I can't...
I'll chose Torre Florim's cover of Firestarter which is used as both Rico's and Just Cause 3's theme. And I'll use the Intro Video from the game as my video of it!

If not acceptable I will change it just let me know!

Great game though. Go play it!

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
Day 12: A villain's theme

Just so I don't use up another slot for Super Robot Wars so soon, I'll probably go with memes

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
Day 12 Villain theme

Psycho Mantis was hands down the most unnerving video game boss of the PS1/N64 era

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Day 12 - A Villain's Theme

Dude's one of my favorite villain's just because of his bloodlust. After a traumatizing event he witnessed as a child, he become psychotic and cared for nothing more than for killing.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
Day 13: A boss battle theme

When it comes to boss battles, there are multiple kinds. Course one such example is a raid boss in MMORPGs, so there are raid boss battle themes. In fact I will be doing a raid boss battle theme for today. The one I will choose is Epic Raid Boss 2: Kneel Before Zod! from DC Universe Online.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Day 13: A boss battle theme

This is from a pretty obscure PS2 game that'd be hard to enjoy unless you're a gundam fan. It's got an original story/characters, but those are average at best. The fun part is the mobile suits and the customization. It surprisingly has a really good OST; this plays during one of your fights against the Devil Gundam.

Arsenic

Years
Day 12 - Villain Theme

I don't think I really even have games with a dedicated Villain theme that I can think of, so I'll just do XY

Day 13 - Boss Battle Theme

I'll do Dead Rising 2's wonderful magician battle.
The track is Switchback (Detroit 2000) by Celdweller

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
Day 14: A game over theme

Having to figure out favorite game over screen could be tough, but I honestly don't even remember that many game over themes (maybe I don't die much in games with memorable themes?). Metal Gear Solid's one is probably my favorite. Weird to hear the theme without SNAAAKE.

Arsenic

Years
Day 14 - A Game Over Theme

I hate this sound so much but it's all I can think of since most games I play just auto-load to a checkpoint or have no music when you die.

Mass Effect - "Whatever the mission failure track is called.mp3"

Please make it stop....

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Day 14 - A Game Over Theme

This one's easy. Chrono Cross' game over screen has always stuck with me despite being years ago that I first played it. Not only for it's music, but for it's words as well. The implication that your existence is erased as a result of your loss.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
Day 15: A song that sounds similar to a real song

When it comes to a song that similar to a real song, there is one that comes to mind. The song I am thinking of comes from Chrono Trigger. The song I will do from Chrono Trigger is Robo's Theme. The song it sounds similar to happens to be Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley.

Now for the song it sounds like

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years

Rock Howard's theme Spread the Wings definitely samples some of Robert Miles' Children. It's not immediately apparent but you'll hear it. (around the 1 minute mark)

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years

I don't think I have to link the James Bond theme for this one

Arsenic

Years
Day 15: A song that sounds similar to a real one

Here's a classic ripoff tune.

If you're having trouble guessing of what you can look up the well known children's tune Polly Wolly Doodle.

And yes, that is the best I can think of.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
Day 16: A song from your favorite genre

When it comes to video game music that happens to be from my favorite genre, my number one favorite genre happens to be classic rock. Course the only games that I can think of that have classic rock music are the Guitar Hero/Rockband games. Unfortunately they can not be used.

Back