• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga It's not like I want you to post in me or anything, b-baka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    I couldn't even get through the first 10 chapters, the art is really terrible.
    Like, I prefer to wait until Season 2 begins airing rather than reading the manga, and that's really something lol

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    There we go. We survived.
    I actually had a pretty good time. My mate was driven to absolute insanity; growling, reciting dialogues dictatum before they were said, and gesturing aggressively at the TV. One of Kyon's midnight phone call reactions legitimately broke the poor guy, sending him into several minutes of hysterical giggling.

Years
    ... I should subject myself to a re-watch of that after I move into my new apartment, as a way to break it in. AND also because I'm getting Funimation's "Complete" Haruhi Collection (which is only missing Disappearance, the only anime for the franchise that I have yet to see) by mail sometime this week.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    ... I should subject myself to a re-watch of that after I move into my new apartment, as a way to break it in. AND also because I'm getting Funimation's "Complete" Haruhi Collection (which is only missing Disappearance, the only anime for the franchise that I have yet to see) by mail sometime this week.

I heard they left an empty space in the set on purpose for the movie dvd/bluray, is that right?

Years
    I quite like the art in Titans, I know it isn't great technically but it certainly has some character. Anime Attack on Titan is was far less enjoyable to me, they took too many liberties in making scenes EPIC.

Still, dropped that manga years ago though.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Finally got through Battle Tendency! My god was that glorious. The reveal about who Lisa Lisa is, Kars and his delicious hair, Whamuu and his warrior's honor, such a great amount of stuff, the San Moritz episodes were glorious. Not to mention the finale.
    Currently on Stardust Crusaders EP7 and.....well its not bad. I didn't get into Jojo for the stands, but they're fun. I liked the more spiritual angle of the ripple however, and I cannot concieve a non asspull explanation for a power that should be Joestar exclusive all things considering, but yet everyone and their mother(quite literally!) has one. And since there are 22 tarots, it looks to me that each episode will have another stand user till Egypt, so that's why its two seasons worth of episodes. Eh, not a great change from the long arcs of Phantom Blood/Battle Tendency. Not warming up to Jotaro Jerkass, but at least Kawaii Grandaddy Broseph is on the crew. This is going to end in heartbreak for me isn't it. Also why isn't Tarot Woman by Rainbow the ED song? Bangles makes sense cause of the wackiness, but Tarot Woman is the on the nose type of song this show needs.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    Stardust Crusaders both anime and manga were pretty much episodic stands of the week. The whole show was just about showing off random kinds of stands, keeping the plot and character development to the bare minimum. It was a fun as a "brainless" shounen, but at one point it starts getting in your way, considering they took Dio and didn't do anything to his character. He's just a meme boss waiting at the end of the story, throwing out his ZAWARUDO WRYYY and that's his entire character. Hol Horse had more character and presence than Dio.

Diamond is not Crash improves everything. Sounds weird on paper, but a JoJo slice of life was actually pretty good. It's still my favorite JoJo, and probably the only I actually liked. Haven't read SBR though.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    JoJo slice of life sounds amazing, you kidding me? As much as I liked battle tendency, if Araki made part 4 anything like the first 3 episodes of Phantom Blood with the dick measuring rivalry between Jonathan and Dio but with stands and larges doses of humor without the world threat of Mayan Vampires, then it might be mynnext favorite or even favorite part.

Years
    The fact that I have to wait another two months for the rest of the Charlotte dub to be released really upsets me and after just binge watching the most recent Fairy Tail dub episodes, I feel like I need something to watch to pass the time. Any suggestions?

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
    Years
    Well it's not REALLY a slice of life, it's just that everything takes place in the city of DuwangMorioh, so they're investigating and fighting the bad guy there. I guess Persona 4 might be a good comparison.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2020
    Anyone got any completed manga recommendations? I'll read anything as long as it's good. I've been reading slice of life lately so i guess I'd prefer it to be that but it doesn't matter.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back