• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga It's not like I want you to post in me or anything, b-baka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Anyone got any completed manga recommendations? I'll read anything as long as it's good. I've been reading slice of life lately so i guess I'd prefer it to be that but it doesn't matter.

Got a list of what you have read?

After watching the like 200 episodes of the dub, I would struggle to watch it subbed tbh, it would just sound so weird to me.

I think Satoshi was talking about Charlotte specifically.

I heard they left an empty space in the set on purpose for the movie dvd/bluray, is that right?

Oh, by the way, if you didn't see my post in the merch thread, the box set does have a spare slot for something, which is probably Disappearance if they can get the rights to it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2020
    Got a list of what you have read?

tbh I can't remember all the slice's I've read over the years, but I stopped reading them until the other week when I read Oyasumi Punpun and really enjoyed it.

Btw thanks for the recommendations so far guys, I'll read some this weekend when I have free time and report back here what I think of em.

Years
    tbh I can't remember all the slice's I've read over the years, but I stopped reading them until the other week when I read Oyasumi Punpun and really enjoyed it.

Btw thanks for the recommendations so far guys, I'll read some this weekend when I have free time and report back here what I think of em.

Okay, so, I'm just going to lay on several from my reading lists:

Ever Green - More about friendship than slice of life. Disclaimer: I'm not all the way through the story and have only been reading along with the English release.

Genshiken - There's 2 segments to this series. They both revolve around the same college club. This first segment ran from 2002 to 2006, and the second segment ran from something like 2011 to present. Maybe a bit longer than that, actually. There are a ton of references sprinkled into the dialogue and into the background, but mostly the dialogue.

A.I. Love You - This is more harem romcom, but it's fairly self-aware and keeps its core cast pretty small.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/13001/K-On - If you've seen the anime, you may not enjoy this so much because that will elevate your expectations since part of what made the adaptation so great for many was the soundtrack and concert scenes, which the manga lacks, but this manga is the source material the anime was adapted from. K-On! is a series where you'd probably want to read the manga first to get the most enjoyment out of it. It's also only 4 volumes long.

Related to K-On!:
    K-On! High School - Follows Azusa in her last year of high school. It's all of 1 volume long.
    K-On! College - Follows the other 4 girls to college. It's all of 1 volume long.

Love Hina - This is undoubtedly a harem romcom, but it's arguably among the genre's classics and was crazy popular while it ran (sold 16 million copies on a 14 volume series). Nisekoi's central plot device was kind of stolen from here, but Love Hina is over with in half the time Nisekoi is. And even less time is spent on protagonist waffling.

Mysterious Girlfriend X - This one's a bit odd, since it centers around drool, but if that hasn't deterred you, go give it a try. It's definitely not for everyone and one of the complaints had about it was that the pacing was super slow, but those people were reading it while it was releasing, and it was on a monthly release schedule.

There's more I'd like to recommend, but I tried to keep the settings to normal towns without much in the way of supernatural stuff. I also tried to keep stuff I scored a 6 or lower off of this list, since 6, while "above average" indicates that the series didn't do a whole lot to stand out for me, only just enough to not earn an "average" (which is still better than bad).

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I have this question :
    Who is prettier ? Serena (XY&Z) or Kari (Digimon Adventure 02) ?
    If your answer is Kari then Why !
    Because her hair is even more shorter then Serena.
    So What makes Kari prettier ?

Also , Is it A big deal for any New anime Stream to reach over 13 million Viewer ?
    Since Puzzple & Dragon X streaming reached over 13 million view.
    https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/da...eaming-total-reaches-13-million-views/.105854

Last edited:
    Years

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Famon, please, Kari is much prettier.

Hikari, Kari's full first name, means "light". It's a potent symbolism for how central she is in the group. Light represents hope, freedom, and everything that is good.
    Serena means clear, or tranquil. Something being clear means being able to have light shine through it; therefore, Serena can only be good as a proxy for Kari, and can only be as good as the light of Kari that shines through her.

You're going to need to give me a thorough explanation of what makes Serena objectively better to have any chance of convincing me.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2020
    >light represents hope, freedom, everything that's good

It's not like I want you to post in me or anything, b-baka.

saw Death Note is on Netflix now. Only reason I thought of him

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    ...She was pretty consistently annoying, though.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Famon, please, Kari is much prettier.

Hikari, Kari's full first name, means "light". It's a potent symbolism for how central she is in the group. Light represents hope, freedom, and everything that is good.
    Serena means clear, or tranquil. Something being clear means being able to have light shine through it; therefore, Serena can only be good as a proxy for Kari, and can only be as good as the light of Kari that shines through her.

You're going to need to give me a thorough explanation of what makes Serena objectively better to have any chance of convincing me.

I know that Kari is much more attractive and prettier.
    My question is , How Kari manage to look so much prettier despite having even shorter hair then Serena ? Is it all because of her personality ? Or Maybe its because of her brown hair ?
    I mean , She is still one of most prettiest Anime girl I remember!
    Honestly , I actually wish Ash to be with one as attractive as Kari.
    Probably one of reason I didn't become a hardcore amourshipper! Honestly , I find Serena to be a little "Flashy" and "Desperate".

Years
    Wait, did it suddenly start to become seriously popular in America? I have started to see more merch for it, but nothing serious compared to Pokemon in most big box stores.

It's been crazy popular in Japan for a while now.

It's not like it's a bad anime, though. Even if it is in a standard opponent of the day format.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    What's your opinion on the companion girl in the Sun/Moon anime, Famon?

Ash doesn't seem to have any female companion and his female classmate look nowhere near as attractive as Kari.
    Lillie might have look like Angela Balzac (Expelled from Paradise) if she had sharper Eye and Tsundere personality.
    Mallow is not that pretty and seem to be older then Ash while Luna look too much like a boy.

Honestly , I would prefer a girl like Erina (Shokugeki no Soma) who see Ash as a nuisance and often tries to humiliate him but later become his best Allie and Friend when they investigate Ultra Beast.

So far , May is probably the only girl that looks as pretty as Kari ! Unfortunately , She too was stolen by a pretty boy named Drew.

Yeah why is Yokai Watch popular, like ****ing blowing up right now?

Youkai Watch becoming popular because Pokemon writer dooming their own Anime.

Wait, did it suddenly start to become seriously popular in America? I have started to see more merch for it, but nothing serious compared to Pokemon in most big box stores.

It's been crazy popular in Japan for a while now.

It's not like it's a bad anime, though. Even if it is in a standard opponent of the day format.

Just cheek the Youkai Battle race --

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back