• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

J-E Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I wonder if it's as bad as Eiken, Kemeko DX and Tenkuu Danzato Skelter Heaven. I shall not be bothering to try but yeah, it doesn't look great.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    You haven't seen anything yet in One Piece. NOTHING.

This so much. You have a fairly long slog to the next big arc (Alabasta), but it's all very important world-building that will tie deeply into the story as a whole later. The Arlong Park arc is true greatness, though. I agree. Among shounen, it definitely ranks up with the Soul Society Rescue arc from Bleach and the Kyoto arc from Rurouni Kenshin for me.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    I bought Summer Wars a few weeks ago! xDD;;
    One of the best anime movies I've ever seen.
    Pretty creative, too.
    It also reminds me of his other work, the Digimon Movie. /forgot the name of person who made it
    Which is also pretty cool. |D

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Still a no to Summer Wars, looks pretty though.

Re-downloading Star Driver as I'm totally missing my weekly dose of....
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I'm planning to re-watch Code Geass (both seasons), Rosario + Vampire (Both seasons) and Angel Beats! within this week, seeing as those are some of my favorites.

Spoiler:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I should revisit some of my old favorite series like To heart, Aoi Hana, and the prior seasons of Pretty Cure.

Right now I'm just trying to keep up with Suite Precure and Hanasaku Iroha. I'm a few episodes behind on both, though.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I hardly ever rewatch things, when i start Star Driver again I'll be doing two tough as I started Strawberry Panic again the other day. Well I guess I'm also half revisiting CCS and the original Precure but i didn't complete them first time round so it doesn't count.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Even tho I want to re-watch those series, it's kinda hard for me to keep interest since I've seen them before and I know what's going to happen. Knowing me tho, I'll probably re-watch them in college or something. (b'-')b

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Just rewatch when you can be bothered, I prefer to rewatch stuff when I'm tired as I don't have to take in everything. Also, series like Strawberry panic are relaxing so yeah, easier to go to sleep after.

Yey, Ao no has just finished downloading. :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Just rewatch when you can be bothered, I prefer to rewatch stuff when I'm tired as I don't have to take in everything. Also, series like Strawberry panic are relaxing so yeah, easier to go to sleep after.

Yey, Ao no has just finished downloading. :)
    I downloaded it a few days ago and I watched two episodes before I realized my dad was behind me and said 'So this is what you watch...girls kissing each other....you need a new hobby.' ._.

Ao no Exorcist?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Your dad isn't into lesbians? He has problems or is in massive denial.

I don't know, he's a hard guy to understand. He's very strict when it comes to things, and doesn't like me doing anything that doesn't involve studying, he even got me a dictonary for my birthday when I was 5. ._.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Indeed Exorcist is great for what it is.

haha, it could have been worse. My sister walked in whilst I was watching the last arc of yosuga no Sora. ;__;

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Indeed Exorcist is great for what it is.

haha, it could have been worse. My sister walked in whilst I was watching the last arc of yosuga no Sora. ;__;

I remember I was watching YnS in my math class after a test (On my iPod, where I normally watch all my anime, since I didn't always have access to a computer, so I had to convert all my anime I had at the time to .mov format which I now regret since when I want to watch it on the computer, it's only a small window and I have trouble seeing some of the subs, so now I have to re-download all the ones I want to watch again.) and that part came up (in the first arc, I wasn't expecting it) and my friend behind me says, 'So this is what you're into, cartoon sex, interesting, now I know why you never come out of your house.' And I had to explain everything to her ._.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    You should have done your research, eroge adaptations usually aren't the best things to watch in school....or at home with parents and siblings about.

Started my Star Driver rewatch....."It's a pinch"/

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    You should have done your research, eroge adaptations usually aren't the best things to watch in school....or at home with parents and siblings about.

Started my Star Driver rewatch....."It's a pinch"/
    I didn't know 'that' kind of stuff would pop up, and I didn't want to read to much in depth because I thought it might ruin it. ._.

I'm still trying to convince my family that anime isn't just for little kids, and so far I'm not getting anywhere. I don't know what my other family members would think of me if they found out I watch it :/

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I stopped trying to convince my stepdad after 1 conversation, my mum on the other hand is cool with animu, she actually watched Blood+ and a few films.

Years
    I myself keep it a personal hobby. Most of my immediate family knows that I watch this crap, but they're more concerned that I'm locked away most of the time than the actual content of what I'm watching.

Also, you will never convince them. Disney has pretty much convinced all of America that cartoons are something exclusively for kids unless they're raunchy or lewd like Family Guy and South Park. And even then, they have the stigma of teenage entertainment. I can never see anime being accepted as a mainstream or even considered a legitimate form of entertainment by the masses.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back