• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

J-E Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I've read some of that, it's not as bad as it sounds. Couldn't stand another Rie Kugimiya loli lead so I'm not watching. The story is pretty vanilla, nothing special. If you want a purely fanservice orientated show i'd go with Enma kun or seikon no qwaser.

Just to let you know Takuto's radience is even more magnificent on my widescreen tv, It was also amusing when my sister said "is that sailor moon for boys?".

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Nahh, I'm not in the mood for purely ecchi anime right now. I'm looking for more of a plot. God, I wish there was a new good romance anime similar to Amagami SS. That was one of the best.

I'm guessing Takuto is one of the characters in it?

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Takuto is Star Drivers lead.

I haven't seen Ama SS but my favourite romance series are Clannad and AS, ef - a tale of memories, Spice and Wolf, Arakawa, Koi Kaze, Toradora! and True Tears. You've probably seen most of them but yeah, my faves.

Actually looking at this list it's a little outdated but i haven't seen many romance series lately.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Takuto is Star Drivers lead.

I haven't seen Ama SS but my favourite romance series are Clannad and AS, ef - a tale of memories, Spice and Wolf, Arakawa, Koi Kaze, Toradora! and True Tears. You've probably seen most of them but yeah, my faves.

Actually looking at this list it's a little outdated but i haven't seen many romance series lately.
    Clannad is my favorite, ef and True Tears are up there for me also. Arakawa (Haven't finished the second season) and Tordaora! (Haven't finished) are both pretty good as well. I'm going to watch them as soon as I get a external hard drive this weekend hopefully.

I get what you mean, I think, there hasn't been any good romance anime as of last year.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Amagami SS was not long ago was it? There was also the second season of Kimi ni Todoke which wasn't horrible. There were other series i've liked that have a bit of romance but nothing enough so that you could truly give it the tag, Fractale and Star Driver are perfect examples.

I'm thinking about giving Kare Kano a go soon, see if I can get into the genre again.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Amagami SS was not long ago was it? There was also the second season of Kimi ni Todoke which wasn't horrible. There were other series i've liked that have a bit of romance but nothing enough so that you could truly give it the tag, Fractale and Star Driver are perfect examples.

I'm thinking about giving Kare Kano a go soon, see if I can get into the genre again.
    It was last year tho, I doubt there's going to be another romance as good as it this year. Maybe next year. But, I'm looking for mainly romance. Preferably school, slice of life, and romance.

That's a pretty old series. I was looking for it in the .avi format last year and had no luck. Now that I'm not, I might have some luck.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I forgot i might also start Onii-sama e, Nana or Nodame Cantabile for the romance.

Yeah, i downloaded it in a few hours from Bakabt, looks good quality wise.

Just looked at next seasons chart, very little for straight up romance series. There's a probable reverse harem that looks better than Starry Sky and of course Usagi Drop which has a bit or romance. Meh, looks like older series for this genre atm.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I forgot i might also start Onii-sama e, Nana or Nodame Cantabile for the romance.

Yeah, i downloaded it in a few hours from Bakabt, looks good quality wise.

Just looked at next seasons chart, very little for straight up romance series. There's a probable reverse harem that looks better than Starry Sky and of course Usagi Drop which has a bit or romance. Meh, looks like older series for this genre atm.
    Haven't seen any of those.

I'll go get it from there. The next seasons? Where? Link please?

As for right now, it seems like I'm more interested in past series than the new ones.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Here it is.

Spoiler:

I'm not sure what i'm interested in atm, if the airing shows i'm watching had already finished i'm not sure I'd even bother with most of them. Meh.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Ohh. I saw that one, I thought you meant next seasons, not the summer, but the winter :x

I'm interested in a couple. Not too many tho.

Have you seen any of the Break Blade movies?

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Kamiya, Nakamura, Hoshi and Chiwa Saito as the films main cast...very nice. I haven't seen the series but it sure has some voice talent.

Mostly looking forward for Usagi Drop and Blood-C, as long as they're nice I don't care too much about the rest.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Kamiya, Nakamura, Hoshi and Chiwa Saito as the films main cast...very nice. I haven't seen the series but it sure has some voice talent.

Mostly looking forward for Usagi Drop and Blood-C, as long as they're nice I don't care too much about the rest.
    Haha. I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to voice actors and directors. Maybe next time I watch an anime I'll look out for those people.

Is Blood-C a continuation of Blood+?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Who does he voice in Arakawa?

Another youtube video I cannot watch -cries-

I'm going to start Baccano! now, Inuyasha is starting to bore me for today! :x

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Ric, he's pretty much Shinbo's main male voice actor.

And Baccano, I might actually start that now. Are you watching in English or Japanese?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Ric, he's pretty much Shinbo's main male voice actor.

And Baccano, I might actually start that now. Are you watching in English or Japanese?
    Ohh, gotcha.

Japanese, I prefer the original language over everything else. Altho, watching Bleach every now and then in Spanish is quite amusing to me :x

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Ah, ok. I'll be trying the English one first. Dual audio download so if the English one is bad I'll just switch over.

Isn't dual audio a bit hard to find and you can't get it in Bluray like that? And isn't the file size usually bigger?

I've only done dual with some Bleach episodes tho.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Dunno, just have it on my laptop from ages ago.

Anyway, watched episode one and the dub is pretty damn good. I can see myself getting through this one pretty fast.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back