• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

J-E Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I like TTGL ending :>

Also Mirai Nikki! I remember that manga. Someone recommended it to me and I was hooked. If an OVA is here, I really hope an anime is coming! Unless...it's already here?!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Can't disagree with Bebop, we could all see it coming but it was perfect.

My favourite endings would be those of Clannad, Tokyo Magnitude, Spice and Wolf II, FLCL, Utena and to an extent Lain (guess that means Madoka as well) and Angel Beats. Truly good endings are pretty hard to come across in anime.
    Clannad and Angel Beats! are one of my favorite endings. But, the one anime ending & opening that gets stuck in m head is Rosario + Vampire. I think I might actually download the Bluray version sometimes this week....

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • We were talking about actual series endings, not the song. Unless i'm misunderstanding your post Charry.

As for TTGL, I would have liked the ending if...
    Spoiler:

Just finished season 1 of Birdy and it was surprisingly good. It suffered with lack of a fear of danger but other than that it was pretty entertaining.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I was talking about the endings XD

Spoiler:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • It had 2 versions of the opening, My Soul Your Beats and Brave Song and a couple of versions of chiban no Takaramono as it's ending. I remember the LiSA version of the opening was my favourite, the whole OST was great though.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Spoiler:
    I think the song for the ending was the same. However, there was a GirlDeMo version too, which I liked more. <3
    And on the topic of Openings and Endings. The second TTGL ending is pretty awesome imo.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Just finished season 1 of Birdy and it was surprisingly good. It suffered with lack of a fear of danger but other than that it was pretty entertaining.

Season 1 was enjoyable enough to me, but Season 2 is something really special. For me, it just kind of came out of nowhere and vastly exceeded my expectations. Hopefully you won't be disappointed when you get around to watching it.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    I like TTGL ending :>

Also Mirai Nikki! I remember that manga. Someone recommended it to me and I was hooked. If an OVA is here, I really hope an anime is coming! Unless...it's already here?!

OVA was essentially a pilot to gauge popularity.

Seris is coming out in the Fall season. IE the Fall season's gonna be amazing. Mirai Nikki, Fate/Zero, Persona 4. Yeah...

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Can't disagree with that, Yuno more than makes up for that though imo.

Fate/Zero, I've been meaning to check out the VN or series but haven't gotten around to it. Persona, never played the game but i hear good things, would that still be good even without playing the game?

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Index is fun after the first arc. CSS is pretty much the best thing to come out of the genre, both good choices imo.

I've started the epic challenge of getting up to date on One Piece, only 465 episodes to go.

Years
  • One Piece is gonna take a long time to catch up to IMO. Unless you're on summer vacation, it'll take forever.

God I just realized how far behind I am in the anime/manga times. I mean, I just finished TTGL/Code Geass and I still have to watch more, out of sheer interest.

Shana looks great too!

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Yup, you're in a Clamp series Tomoyo dear.
    Spoiler:

Also, any of you guys seen Onii-sama e...? if so, general questions, thoughts, whatever.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Also, any of you guys seen Onii-sama e...? if so, general questions, thoughts, whatever.
    I have. I watched it with a few friends soon after watching Rose of Versailles (from the same creator). We enjoyed it a lot, but maybe that's because we did a lot of laughing at it. Not because it's bad, but it's very melodramatic and that's part of the charm.

If you've seen Utena then you might see a lot of influence for that series in Onii-sama e. That was another fun point, seeing all the similarities.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Well I adored Utena so I'm looking forward for it.

And agreed, I wouldn't bother marathoning a show I wasn't enjoying anyway. Watched a load today, trying to get to the end of the Arlong arc before bed though. Best arc of big 3 shonen since "The Rescue" in Bleach, it actually worked better animated than it did in the manga.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2012
    Three days of my life just got wasted on an anime called Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo. Let me share with you what this calamitous show caused me..

I admit to liking the generic concept of harem, romance, and/or school, so basically, Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku wo was just another anime I picked up for the sake of...boredom. The synopsis I read on MAL seemed to be interesting enough and the characters looked nicely designed. I opted to neglect reading any reviews (not that it had a lot) about this show, since the controversy in many anime cannot be solved in my book until I try out the show. Now, here began my three-day nightmare.

I'm not going to write a very thorough review, just simple comments on some of this show's disappointing features. Nothing 'pisses' me off in an anime more than bland characters, devoid of any stand-out qualities. And in this anime, I was pissed. They lacked personality, especially our leading male character who supposedly is a delinquent trying to help the girls on this island. The female characters were horrible, a malfeasance to the anime industry. They were typical cliches; from the unapproachable tsundere to the lifeless dorm owner plus teacher. We have everyone, all the characters that shape up a standard harem. But again, they all were void with nothing to offer to the watcher whatsoever.

The idea of spreading friendship and letting everybody like everybody was irritating, especially when a delinquent and a seemingly perverted and indifferent high school boy is the one trying to achieve that ridiculous 'task'. Joining him on the impossible wagon was his childhood friend, who made me bite my fingers so hard I wanted to purposely bleed out and faint just to escape the misery I was witnessing!

The story, through the simplest words, was disastrous. Why? Because there was simply no story. Every girl has around two fair arcs to express their undefined and unexplainable love and feelings towards Wataru (the male lead). And they all were nothing short of stupid and left a bitter taste and dissatisfaction afterward. The artwork was one aspect I was working hard to commiserate. It wasn't that all bad but it was a blatant attempt at a cheap display. The character detailing was absent - I couldn't keenly read any character's expressions, the background imagery was weak, and the animation was poor, very poor.

You may have been wondering why I continued to watch such a ridiculous and horrible show. That's because I like to finish everything I start with despite its weakness. I kept waiting for something, ANYTHING to ignite my interest and give the anime a better rating and actually let me ignore many of its wicked features. However, that did not happen and the show failed to deliver. I do not recommend this show, never. You'll just waste your precious free time watching one of the biggest flops in the anime industry rather than watching One Piece.

I am practicing reviews.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back