• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: JackHack96's Tool Factory

Sliter

Gaijin Trainer
Years
Hey, Hope you have a good time there on the university!
Don't rush much yourserlf if get so much busy , these stuff happens e3e
thanks the great work !

one thing I forgot to sya is that the studio crash so much haha I can't edit much text with this, but since I was just plating around I had no problem XD
O will try the text editor alone then :v

Last edited:

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Hey, Hope you have a good time there on the university!
Don't rush much yourserlf if get so much busy , these stuff happens e3e
thanks the great work !

one thing I forgot to sya is that the studio crash so much haha I can't edit much text with this, but since I was just plating around I had no problem XD
O will try the text editor alone then :v
Yeah I'm having a very great time there! Yes, it's hard to keep studying all that stuff (especially math xD), but I'm determinated. And I've found a lot of new friends (someone is also interested in Pokémon hacking :D ).
So as of now I've suspended development, but again a don't worry I don't want to leave it there ;)

P.S.: Hey what about crash when editing text? What are you trying to edit? :)

Sliter

Gaijin Trainer
Years
Yeah I'm having a very great time there! Yes, it's hard to keep studying all that stuff (especially math xD), but I'm determinated. And I've found a lot of new friends (someone is also interested in Pokémon hacking :D ).
So as of now I've suspended development, but again a don't worry I don't want to leave it there ;)

P.S.: Hey what about crash when editing text? What are you trying to edit? :)

awesome! xD good luck with the math :v
I understand, it's allright since you are busy xD

well I just entered an random bank , edited one line , then "aplly" and the studio closed in my face (?)
the text editor alone work with no problens until now

Btw I'm having problem with thenewpoketext D:
We edited a good part part of the the extraction on the xml, using notepad++ and stuff but then I tried to patch it it to narc again and it gives eroor and it shut on my face too (lol) I don't know if I did something wrong e3e

Well i discovered the error with a lot of suffer but it's allright now! xD
Now what i'm looking for is the text entry thing, have any idea?
I was sure there was an "textentry" file but I looked everywhere and nothing XD I can't find something related or that looked a like
Also isn't the kind of stuff that google have the powers to answer .. oh well

well I got help hiw to do it XD hehe

Last edited:

Sliter

Gaijin Trainer
Years
hey a friend is using your DS text editor in the non 64x version, the codes get bugg after editing the phrases o-o
for example , this:
v0103ぁx0001x0000
becomes this:
v0x012110x01213ぁx0x01210x01210x01211x0x01210x01210x01210x012
any idea ?

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
hey a friend is using your DS text editor in the non 64x version, the codes get bugg after editing the phrases o-o
for example , this:
v0103ぁx0001x0000
becomes this:
v0x012110x01213ぁx0x01210x01210x01211x0x01210x01210x01210x012
any idea ?
Mmmh maybe the program isn't handling variables correctly (these are variables.. they start with 0x). I can't help that much I'm sorry :(

Sliter

Gaijin Trainer
Years
Mmmh maybe the program isn't handling variables correctly (these are variables.. they start with 0x). I can't help that much I'm sorry :(

hey nice to see you again xD whats up?

he told me that was because someway the "/" got deleted when he edited and then this happened, so he just put it back:x

anyway we are doing some progress here haha XD

The only problem me and my team handling is the ramdom crashed of the text editor :/ (separately, not with the hack studio) , there some way to fix that ? or at least it making backups while don't save the edited .narc and back when it comes back? we are losing a lot of work a guy even gave up xD
Except these crashes this is the best text editor and what I was wanting for ages xD
According a friend on the team, his happens while clicking in blank spaces o-o I'm not using much the editor for now because I'm in some research to view/edit the font, edit the text entry (I found how to, but I'm still lost in too much hex xD )and editing stuff ...

about the hack studio/ map editor, I know this is on very earlier development compared do SDSME, that wasn't completed to xD but I would like to request a way to see, edit and add npc/ intens/ overworld legendaries and these stuff :B I really can't find how to do it x3x

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
hey nice to see you again xD whats up?

he told me that was because someway the "/" got deleted when he edited and then this happened, so he just put it back:x

anyway we are doing some progress here haha XD

The only problem me and my team handling is the ramdom crashed of the text editor :/ (separately, not with the hack studio) , there some way to fix that ? or at least it making backups while don't save the edited .narc and back when it comes back? we are losing a lot of work a guy even gave up xD
Except these crashes this is the best text editor and what I was wanting for ages xD
According a friend on the team, his happens while clicking in blank spaces o-o I'm not using much the editor for now because I'm in some research to view/edit the font, edit the text entry (I found how to, but I'm still lost in too much hex xD )and editing stuff ...

about the hack studio/ map editor, I know this is on very earlier development compared do SDSME, that wasn't completed to xD but I would like to request a way to see, edit and add npc/ intens/ overworld legendaries and these stuff :B I really can't find how to do it x3x

Except from the studies, I'm fine :). Now I'll have my first exam session in February, so I'm studing hard because I want to pass them ;)
I'm sorry for the random crashes, I know they are very annoying. If you want to have some feedback from the program, start it with a terminal (on Windows: Start->type "cmd"->use the cd command for moving in the directory where the program is stored->type java -jar [NAME_OF_FILE].jar, where [NAME_OF_FILE] is the name of the stored file)
When it crashes, it will generate something like "java.something.otherthings: Exception in BLABLA". This info can help future debug.

As for the DS PokeHack Studio, I could embed an overworld editor (for now you can use the separate one).What do you mean with npc/intens? :)

Sliter

Gaijin Trainer
Years
Except from the studies, I'm fine :). Now I'll have my first exam session in February, so I'm studing hard because I want to pass them ;)
I'm sorry for the random crashes, I know they are very annoying. If you want to have some feedback from the program, start it with a terminal (on Windows: Start->type "cmd"->use the cd command for moving in the directory where the program is stored->type java -jar [NAME_OF_FILE].jar, where [NAME_OF_FILE] is the name of the stored file)
When it crashes, it will generate something like "java.something.otherthings: Exception in BLABLA". This info can help future debug.

As for the DS PokeHack Studio, I could embed an overworld editor (for now you can use the separate one).What do you mean with npc/intens? :)

Go there you can do it! hehe good luck o7

ok, anything I send you a report xD

There are an overworld editor separately?:v (I'm lost in so much editors lolol)
I mean like ... As NPC, I want to add an npc that when you talk him with a pokemon in team it gives you the azue's lute (just as example not exactly like this XD) , or one tha just talk something haha but without replacing one ad can choose their graphics, Other that work like legendareis pokemon, you see then in overworld and start the battle o3o
and itens is like the pokeball we fond stuff around XD or these hidden in suspect rocks haha

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Go there you can do it! hehe good luck o7

ok, anything I send you a report xD

There are an overworld editor separately?:v (I'm lost in so much editors lolol)
I mean like ... As NPC, I want to add an npc that when you talk him with a pokemon in team it gives you the azue's lute (just as example not exactly like this XD) , or one tha just talk something haha but without replacing one ad can choose their graphics, Other that work like legendareis pokemon, you see then in overworld and start the battle o3o
and itens is like the pokeball we fond stuff around XD or these hidden in suspect rocks haha

Ahhh you mean the events! Yeah they are a little nasty on NDS, in fact SDSME had a built-in editor for them, but it didn't work very well... Try it (but I had problems using it, especially with HG/SS)..

Sliter

Gaijin Trainer
Years
Ahhh you mean the events! Yeah they are a little nasty on NDS, in fact SDSME had a built-in editor for them, but it didn't work very well... Try it (but I had problems using it, especially with HG/SS)..
oh I tr]hink I tried it but I haven'te went far ... I can try again later XD

Years
This is probably going to seem like a stupid question for experienced hackers, but I was using your DS Pokemon Editor, and I cannot figure out how to change the pokemon's names. Is it not included or am I just really bad at this?

Sliter

Gaijin Trainer
Years
@JackHack96

I foun a new problem here with DStext editor :
When there's a game code like character/rival names, the text editor removes the \ from the code on the edition window, and if not fixed it can make that monstrous code or be like this without the bars and do bug it :v

This is probably going to seem like a stupid question for experienced hackers, but I was using your DS Pokemon Editor, and I cannot figure out how to change the pokemon's names. Is it not included or am I just really bad at this?
there are on text banks , some pokemon editors have option to change dex entry and name together with the everything else ...
If you want to edit directly on the text give a look on the last banks, there are the pokemon names in another languages (and of course , the one you are editing the game from) their species, size and weight
I don't tell the nubers because I don't know what are you editing and must be different from the one I'm looking, if not the platinum XD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 7, 2018
Hopefully I'll have it done by Sunday- busy week- but I'm currently indexing the text files for each language version of the games. Basically, I copied all of text into ordered and numbered Excel workbook so if you need to find something you can simply search the workbook and find the index. I have the English version copied already.

I'm fairly certain this is the correct version.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/a2i7a99lgs41psg/HG|SS_Texts.xls

For example, if you want to change a character's name, say Lance, you can simply search for his name in the workbook, and the sheet number will correlate to the text file. Then you can load up the text files in SDSME and change it.

Prof.Redwood

Researcher
Years
if you got them off the hacktoolsnds site it says the password is [HackRomTools] without the []

Last edited:

Awec

Maniacal Egotist ~
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2023
I noticed that using the DS Pokemon editor to edit movesets in HG breaks the game; the Pokedex and Wild Battles go to black screens. Please fix!

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
I noticed that using the DS Pokemon editor to edit movesets in HG breaks the game; the Pokedex and Wild Battles go to black screens. Please fix!
I didn't have this issue (but I made only a quick test, probably I could find issues if I make a heavy-testing of the app, but I don't have time these months...)
Any chance that you managed to upload the source for DS PokeHack Studio onto GitHub?
Ehm, well I'd feel a bit ashamed by publishing the code because I don't touch it since october, when I started the university, and inside the program there are A LOT of bad things :3c, and moreover there aren't many comments or doc...
In march (during a little pause from the university) I tried to re-write the base code (the one which interacts with files), but with a more solid documentation and with a much more cleaner approach (though I'm still learning how to do this properly :)) and the results where more pleasant...
Anyway if you'd like to dug a bit in the code, I can send you a copy of the project ;)

Back