• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: JackHack96's Tool Factory

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2015
Is it even possible to edit trainer's Pokémon for platinum? I see there is a DP tool but it won't work for platinum, and for sdsme it gives errors that indicatie the program hasn't been finished completely. I'd like to edit the gym leaders Pokémon for example

I've tried to use sdsme for it, but it only works for DP but not for platinum...

Last edited:

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Is it even possible to edit trainer's Pokémon for platinum? I see there is a DP tool but it won't work for platinum, and for sdsme it gives errors that indicatie the program hasn't been finished completely. I'd like to edit the gym leaders Pokémon for example

I've tried to use sdsme for it, but it only works for DP but not for platinum...

Yes, certainly! I'll try to make it also compatible with HG/SS...

Now, I would like to share with you my last updates on DS PokeHack Studio.
These weeks have been busy for me, I have a very active life so I develop only during free time. I've managed to complete the API for handling NDS roms (now it can also write the rom from scratch) and it hasn't been an easy task.
Unlike SDSME, I can't simply copy and paste code from other's program, because very few tools are written in Java, but many are written in C#. So even with the code of SDSME (which I'm trying to shrink and optimize) I have to translate it in Java, which
isn't always so easy.
Anyway, now the program can just do some simple tasks, for example editing texts, moves, startes and some other little things (it was easier to integrate these functions because last year I wrote some Java tools with these features).
I would like to share with you today's version, for having feedbacks about the speed :)
BE CAREFUL AS THE PROGRAM IS STILL IN DEEP DEVELOPMENT SO IT CAN CRASH EASILY!
If you have a 64 bit PC use the first attachment, otherwise the second one :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2015
I can't open it since I've got a 32bit pc... I managed to change the trainer's data already, with the program PPRE, it works quite nice.

Years
Thanks for your efforts! Now, let's go with a new problem {XD} I can open the program, and it runs smooth, but every time I save my diamond rom it becomes a 20something MB file and the emulator doesn't open it. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong (possible :P) or if it is a problem with the tool.

Bye!

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Thanks for your efforts! Now, let's go with a new problem {XD} I can open the program, and it runs smooth, but every time I save my diamond rom it becomes a 20something MB file and the emulator doesn't open it. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong (possible :P) or if it is a problem with the tool.

Bye!

Mmmh, please tell me what ROM you're using (also the language) and what are your changes, so I can reproduce the bug (please consider that the program is in alpha state :) )

Years
Thanks for the quick reply! OK, I was using a 32 bits version in a 64 bits PC (as I didn't have 64 bits java installed). I installed 64 bits java again, and your 64 bits version seems to be working fine.

I tested it with both US and Spanish platinum versions and the US diamond version. I'm able to edit the roms with the tools inside the Tools tab, but the changes done with the text editor and the map header editor don't appear into my game. I guess that this is because of its Alpha state.

With 32 bits version every time I saved (even without doing any change) the rom became broken.

I'm not really sure if I'm wasting your time with noob issues or if I'm helpful to find problems {XD}

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Thanks for the quick reply! OK, I was using a 32 bits version in a 64 bits PC (as I didn't have 64 bits java installed). I installed 64 bits java again, and your 64 bits version seems to be working fine.

I tested it with both US and Spanish platinum versions and the US diamond version. I'm able to edit the roms with the tools inside the Tools tab, but the changes done with the text editor and the map header editor don't appear into my game. I guess that this is because of its Alpha state.

With 32 bits version every time I saved (even without doing any change) the rom became broken.

I'm not really sure if I'm wasting your time with noob issues or if I'm helpful to find problems {XD}

No no, thanks for reporting this issue. Yes the text editor of your version doesn't work (I've finished it yesterday, now it works!).
I'm developing only on a 64 bit machine with a 64 bit java, so I didn't test 32 bit version. I'll give it a look when I'll have some time, because I think it's more important to develop the 64 bit edition first...

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
I want to share with you an update of the alpha version of DS PokeHack Studio ;)
Now it can edit headers, map matrix and texts :)
AXoObl2.png

7Z5qiAf.png

Here is the 64 bit version :D (it requires a 64 bit Java environment on a 64 bit machine)

Splash

But nothing happened.
Years
I want to share with you an update of the alpha version of DS PokeHack Studio ;)
Now it can edit headers, map matrix and texts :)
AXoObl2.png

7Z5qiAf.png

Here is the 64 bit version :D (it requires a 64 bit Java environment on a 64 bit machine)

It sure looks like awesome stuff.. Now can someone explain how those stuff actually work? XD

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
For now, you can make little things with this feature... I haven't got any time to make a tutorial (but there are some on this forums, search for gen 4 map editing)

Years
Hey. Been trying your new version. I have made several changes and it seems to be working fine. The program loads the rom very fast, and it saves faster enough. Keep the good work up!

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
I'm releasing here today's alpha ;)

Compared to the previous alpha, it has more bug fixes, new features like pokémon stats editing, moveset editing and evolution editing, icon banner editing, and some more... :D
Please report here if you encounter bugs, I'm pleased if you find them and report it to me ;)
Here are some screenshots:
nFlXkXZ.png

bxZada9.png

bOA1Aqt.png

nzBH8yy.png

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
Will an English version of these tools be available in the next release? I would love to resume the "Platinum Refined" project that I dropped a few years ago, but I still don't read Italian.

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Will an English version of these tools be available in the next release? I would love to resume the "Platinum Refined" project that I dropped a few years ago, but I still don't read Italian.
Hey now my tools automatically detect system language and if the language is available is displayed, otherwise it displays default language which I set to English ;)
Currently I'm the only one working on this tool so it has only English and Italian. If someone will help me I will translate also in French, German, Spanish, Japanese, etc.
The screenshots are in Italian because my PC language is set to Italian :)
On your PC it should display English :)
Please make sure you have installed 64 bit java 1.8 (the 32 bit version will come when I'll do the first beta release

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
I've got 64-bit Windows 8.1 on this PC, so that shouldn't be a problem. Good to hear that English will be available by default too...if any Nordic users here would prefer Swedish, I'd be happy to help with that translation though. :t227:

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 28, 2016
Hi, i want to report you a bug, when i open my HG rom, the map editor don't show the maps list. is that normal for the moment ?

I also got this error too:

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1126016
at nitro.BLZ.decompressBuffer(BLZ.java:40)
at gui.MainWindow.loadMapHeaderInfo(MainWindow.java:3441)
at gui.MainWindow.access$8(MainWindow.java:3074)
at gui.MainWindow$1.widgetSelected(MainWindow.java:400)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source)
at gui.AppLauncher.main(AppLauncher.java:15)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.main(JarRsrcLoader.java:58)

Thanks for answering

Last edited:

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Hi, i want to report you a bug, when i open my HG rom, the map editor don't show the maps list. is that normal for the moment ?

I also got this error too:

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1126016
at nitro.BLZ.decompressBuffer(BLZ.java:40)
at gui.MainWindow.loadMapHeaderInfo(MainWindow.java:3441)
at gui.MainWindow.access$8(MainWindow.java:3074)
at gui.MainWindow$1.widgetSelected(MainWindow.java:400)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source)
at gui.AppLauncher.main(AppLauncher.java:15)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.JarRsrcLoader.main(JarRsrcLoader.java:58)

Thanks for answering

Yes, at the moment is normal that the Map Editor and the Script Editor do not load. Now I'm working on the Map Editor, but given that I cannot do any copy-and-paste like SDSME, I have to write the Java code from scratch, and it surely be long... I'm studying both nsbmd.exe and consoleTool3 viewers source code, for selecting which one is better to implement on my program.
Then I'll begin with to work on the script editor (and when I'll complete this, I'll do the first official release of the tool :D )

For the error I don't know, what have you done? I've opened french version of heart gold, did some edits and saved it back, and I had no troubles... Please tell me the steps to reproduce this bug :)

EDIT: Ok I've found the steps by myself. If you do some edits, than you save the rom and try to re-open the edited rom, it gives this error. Anyway thank for the report, I'll try to solve this annoying bug (it happens on every HG/SS rom after editing and saving. This is because the program decompress ARM9, and then when it saves the rom it stores it as uncompressed. When trying to load the rom back it believe ARM9 is still compressed, but in fact it's not. I have to implement a check routine for establishing if is compressed (so it's a brand new rom) or not (edited rom)).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 28, 2016
Okay, thanks for that informations, i hope you'll continue this awnsome complete tool :)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 4, 2019
So how's this going? Any updates?

I'd love to make a pokemon white hack using this.

Back