• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Japanese Music

Goten Shy

K a w a i i
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 24, 2004
    Who lieks Japanese music? I personally love it but my family cant stand it. I was just wondering if i was the only one =P

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I'm racist, in a way. o_o Most of the music I listen to in Japanese would probably sound terrible to me if it were in English.

But.. yeah. I love it, normally. @@; I mostly only listen to anime songs, though. I keep meaning to break into J-Pop/J-Rock, but I don't know where to start. XD;

edit: Oh, and my parents have given up all hope of my ever giving up on Japanese music - it's all I normally listen to at home now, so they just try their best to ignore it. =P

Goten Shy

K a w a i i
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 24, 2004
    I dont think my mother can =P If your get any J pop/J rock, let me know. A really good J song is: Shizuku. or omething like that. =P

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I do, it sounds so much better than English translations of it. An example I can think of would be a song they sing in Puyo Puyo Digi Charat, where the Japanese lyrics fit perfectly to the music, but the English VAs have a much slower song to the same beat. It?s awful. x.x;

But yeah, I do like Japanese music, usually if I?ve heard it in anim? or a video game though. o.o;

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    Yes I listen to J-Pop.

Chinese trans > English trans
    Chinese "dub" > English "dub"

Oh btw, I actually follow bands rather than anime music. I listen mostly to Koda Kumi (most known for FFX-2, Real Emotion and 1000 Words), Do As infinity ("Deep Forest" from Inuyasha done by them), Hitomi Yaida ("I Am" is done by her), Dream (known for "Night of Fire" from Initial D and "My Will" from Inuyasha), and rarely Ayumi Hamasaki ("Dearest")...okay sometimes BoA (but I can never figure out when she's doing Korean or Japanese lol).

And I'd like to express my opinion on V6 ("change the World" singers): They suck...worst than N'Sync *GASP!*

Goten Shy

K a w a i i
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 24, 2004
    Yea i like Koda Kumi aswel. 1000 words is my most fav song ever! Although i like the enlish version a little better the the japanese. That is sung be Jade from Sweetbox, my favortie all time singer. She is so hot! I think i shall try looking for some of those artists 'Do As infinity' sounds interesting =P

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Ohh, I love Japanese music! It just sounds so neat; I prefer it over most English songs. I just wish that I could understand most of the words.

And my mom gets bugged just a little by how much I like it, but she knows that she can't say anything because she listens to Hawaiian music ALL of the time, lol. =P I mean, she has about 5 CDs with different songs on them, and a tape for the car. She just loves it!

Oh, and Lightning, I think that a good artist to try listening to is Utada Hikaru. She was my first favorite Japanese singer! ^_^; I just heard her song, Simple and Clean, on Kingdom Hearts. She has a lot of nice songs, in both English and Japanese. But, that's my opinion.

Goten Shy

K a w a i i
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 24, 2004
    I tried looking for her but couldnt get it. I love her aswel. Do as Infinity are good aswel. Thanx Kenny C.002

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Ya...Japanese anime music is just about the only music i listen 2 and like XD

Goten Shy

K a w a i i
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 24, 2004
    You should all try and get some Utada Hikaru music. Its great!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Does video game music count as Japanese? Hey, it's composed by Japanese people! (Koji Kondo) I have some video game songs that have Japanese lyrics, Go, Go Mario! and Lon Lon Ranch. But my favourite song is a Japanese song,Hatsukoi by Mayumi Kojima is the most addicting thing ever. And the funny thing is I don't have the slighest clue what she's saying, but I still love it. I like Japanese, video game, and soundtrack music. My musical tastes are kinda strange.

Cherrim

Years
    Kairi said:
    I do, it sounds so much better than English translations of it. An example I can think of would be a song they sing in Puyo Puyo Digi Charat, where the Japanese lyrics fit perfectly to the music, but the English VAs have a much slower song to the same beat. It?s awful. x.x;
    Omg! I know! The same with Simple and Clean/Hikari (Kingdom Hearts). They both have the same background music, but Simple and Clean is much slower than Hikari, and as a result, it sounds worse. o_O; Well, I think so anyway. XD I've just been listening to the Japanese version a LOT lately.

*dances* I'm getting the Final Fantasy X soundtrack this weekend~!! XD; And yeah, T89, video game music counts, I guess. ;p

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 13, 2005
    I like Japanese music but I can't figure out if the Hellsing theme song is in Japanese some poeple say it is in Japanese and other say its in English maybe once I master the Japanse language in school I can figure it out.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Lightning - The Original Soundtrack or the Piano Collections CD? The original soundtrack is four discs. That's alot of music. Enjoy!

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I want it too, but no where around here has it. Grr.

I find my friend thinks it?s stupid to filmy MP3 player with video game and anim? music, but I just ignore her and remind her its hard drive is bigger than the one on her computer. Bwahaha.

Goten Shy

K a w a i i
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 24, 2004
    Lol, how big is the hard drive? I want an MP3 player...birhtday next week........Mother...:D

Cherrim

Years
    TRIFORCE89 - The OST. It's $60. o_o I'm hoping my little certificate thing will deduct a bit from the cost (if you get 4 of the little cards, you get a free CD), but if not, that's fine too. After buying the KH artbook at an obscene price, I feel like I can buy anything. o_O;

Kairi - If I ever figure out how, I could rip the tracks from the CD for you. :X (Erm... I think that's the right term. XD)

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    That?d be like?quite a few megs, I downloaded the X-2 OST so I could see how big that was, but I?d hate to kill your host or anything. o.o; The ripping is the easy part, getting it to me is hard. Burn me CDs and I'll come pick them up. >=p

It?s ten gigabytes, though now iPods don?t come smaller than fifteen.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    I love Japanese music because I can't understand it. xD; Well, in a way. =P They just have these really catchy melody. n_n; My favorites are, Ayumi Hamasaki, Aya Matsura, Do As Infinity, and sometimes Morning Musume and Utada Hikaru. n_n

Missingno Baby

Moyasimon Addict
    Years
    Kairi said:
    Do you mean Listen to Your Heartbeat? The English ver. sucked....I loooove Japanese music! It's better than some junk Rap or crud like that.

Back