• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Japanese Music

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
    Years
    Miyu-chan said:
    I love Japanese music because I can't understand it. xD; Well, in a way. =P They just have these really catchy melody. n_n; My favorites are, Ayumi Hamasaki, Aya Matsura, Do As Infinity, and sometimes Morning Musume and Utada Hikaru. n_n
    Same with me, lol. ^_^; I adore Japanese music...no matter what the lyrics (even though I can't really understand it!) there's always a nice beat or melody. You know, you really don't need to understand languages in order to like or listen to its songs. If there's a slow tempo or if it sounds melancholy...then it can have a sad tone; but it'll be beautiful and enough to gather that it's a sad song. That's how I look at it, at least! All the groups/singers you listed I like as well, Miyu! I'd definitely turn to Japanese music all the way if American pop music keeps going the way it is...O_o;

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Excatly! xD I love the melody of Japanese music. xD Asian Pop in general is better than American pop. Like K-pop or Chinese-pop. >.>;

Evil Togepi

Yu-Gi-Oh GX owns my SOUL!
    Years
    Yesss, I love Japanese Music, mostly I listen to music from animes although I have downloaded a few tracks from Japanese groups I keep hearing about like Gackt for one.

My dad can't stand it personally, he can't see how I can listen to music I don't understand the words too XD And he won't let me play the songs in the car so to get around that I just put Background Music I like from animes onto CD and play them, he doesn't mind as long as there's no singing...
    ....he quite liked some of the tracks from the Naruto OSTs XD

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    japanese girl bands are the coolest. you all should look into OOIOO and Melt Banana, unless you have already

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Kairi - <_< I could burn it and send it to me, but I'd probably end up sending you stupid letters or something everyday if I had your address. XD;;

Evil Togepi - My parents always say, "I really like this" when I'm listening to my soundtracks... and then they go all wide-eyed when I say it's from one of my favourite animes/games. @@; They made me put the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack on during dinner several nights in a row since they liked it so much, lol. (Not that I'm complaining. ;p)

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Burn it?and send it to yourself. Right?that?ll help. =p

XD; Whenever I beat an RPG, they usually end with a song in Japanese, and my grandma thinks it?s so weird but tells me it?s pretty, or tries. I can?t imagine then wanting to hear it, I don?t even think they knew I listened to music til they shelled out the $$$ for the ?pod. o.o;

Cherrim

Years
    ...o_O; Oops. *meant to say "you"* XD;;; (Hey, I'm losing my mind tonight. x____x)

My parents don't pay attention to when I play video games, or watch anime anymore. o.o; They got carsick from playing Mario Kart, so they don't like video games, and they always seem to walk in during the worst part of an anime when I'm watching. XD;; (Or open manga to the worst part...) My grandparents just make fun of me when I listen to Japanese music and proceed to ask me several 100 times what my Japanese mark was ._.;;

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
    *Ish unable to BURN the darn FFX2 soundtrack for personal use. Darn CD control...*

Anyone helping me on that? lol

Goten, np on the recommendations. IMO tho I like the Japanese version better due to the fact it's not video game music. And also the fact that I like Kumi better than Jade. Then again, the piano version destroyed all other versions of 1000 Wrods. lol :P

Utada Hikaru sounds interesting too...

Goten Shy

K a w a i i
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 24, 2004
    Ill pretned i didnt hear that C.002...didn't here a thing...Jade is the besy...yup....

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I think Jade did a good job with X-2?s songs, better than Koda?s English and on par with her Japanese.

What program are you using to try to burn the X-2 OST? Err?maybe just PM me and we can figure out what the problem is, if you want.

Goten Shy

K a w a i i
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 24, 2004
    Jade done both englsih and Japesnese for real EMotion and 1000 words. Also, 9 people out of 10 would like a ASB, and if we get 20 it would be enough :D Yeyiness x10!

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
    Years
    *ztinkz at vidoe gamez and rarely hearz the ending muzic* o.0''

Well, I don't hear it very often but when I do it'z uzually juzt the opeaning or clozing muzic of an anime. Zome of the really fazt ztuff iz kind of odd but I like odd ^o^ And zome thingz (like the ending of Inuyasha) are really quite pretty ^_^ Zo yah, I guezz I do like it. I alzo have a album that'z made with japanese inztromentz, I uzuallt lizten to that while I'm reading ^_-

Goten Shy

K a w a i i
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 24, 2004
    Thas interesting...like your stlye os S's....Z's...? =P Im going to florida soon so im gonna buy a few hundred japanese albums ;) :D

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
    Years
    Goten Shy said:
    Thas interesting...like your stlye os S's....Z's...? =P Im going to florida soon so im gonna buy a few hundred japanese albums
    Lol, the're juzt there to make my poztz ztand out a little. ^_^;;
    Few...hundred? I don't think I'd have time to lizten to that many albumz if it were me XD

Neh? I can't even think of any Japaneze artiztz @.@;;
    Uhh...are the Fluffy Pillows a Japanese group? *_* I think they did the ending for FLCL...or zomething...

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I'm surprised coming from a mixed kinda...background that my mom wont listen to anything not in spanish...still japanese is wat i listen to most of the time it really heelps when you can underrstand it...man but i translated a song a few days ago and it made no sense! Really a direct translation is useless.

Cherrim

Years
    Translating things like songs between languages is always hard. It raises the big debate over whether the song should be translated literally, in which it may not make any sense but there are no major changes; or it can be translated contextually, so that the "meaning" of the song stays in tact. @@;

*will simply stick with transliteration for now* ;p (Even though I'm still bad at that. XD)

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Ya If you do a Direct Translation it's allways going to be messed up in english like take this line from a son

Ohnawu Batuchijira Ha? Dosenuitsu I allways forever.

Direct Translation
    Going over Forever The day came we me together

see it dosent come out so good...here's how it should be

Together you and me will forever climb the mountain...so it's kinda strange.

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I read a literal translation of ?Hikari?, it was?pretty confusing, but then again I?m not in that culture so it may be normal. @_@

Cherrim

Years
    Were you typing fast, blue, or were you using two different ways of romanizing? o_O;; If you're using "chi" instead of "ti," shouldn't you also use "tsu" instead of "tu"? *shrugs* (And I thought "wu" didn't exist in Japanese oo;)

*shrugs* The same goes for any language that's based in a totally different culture. :\ Because of colloquialism and in-depth meanings relative only to the area, etc... it's hard to be able to have the same effect when things are translated. XP

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
    Years
    I love Japanese music, of what I've heard at least. Obviously the Japanese Pokemon openings and endings are Japanese music, and that's like my favorite music. I've also heard other Japanese sung anime music and I love it.

Back