• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Japanese war crimes and overdue apologies

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    It is true that such horrible things happened, but don't you think that it is better to punish those who actually commited the crimes rather than the race itself? If any of them were still alive, I'd impale them with a stake, but it's not right to hate a people for what people in the past did.

Inheriting guilt is something that I can't quite agree with :\

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Maybe not as decent.

If your dad killed a guy, took his money, gave it to you and you knew what had happened you'd be guilty of receiving stolen property. It's the same general idea. It's not the same as being the dick who did the deed, but it's still dickish.
    If it was money, but if you're in a position of power, that's different; a government position can hardly be considered something desirable. Regardless, as long as you're a good person yourself, you can use your position for good purposes; you still don't need to apologize for something you haven't done.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years

Words do not describe what an ill informed and highly insensitive comment that was. The Nazis committed mass torture, murders, rapes of jewish and other minority women etc when they invaded the USSR. The rapes carried out by the Red Army weren't at all right, but they were out of vendetta against the Germans for the atrocities committed to their women (and men too) on their own soil.

And for you to claim nearly every army except the Nazis committed rape against civilians on a notable scale is sickening. There are few reported cases of the British, Canadian, Italian armies and many more ever committing mass rapes of civilians.
    Hey, I was being honest on what I've seen... :P The only articles I've seen describing mass violation of woman were perpetuated by the Russians, Japanese and Americans (I'm referring to the 'The Rape of Okinawa', some 1000+ cases reported). Link me if you see stuff against other armies.

Last edited:
    Back