• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Jesse & James....a couple?

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
  • Hmm...did anyone watch today's episode at 10? I believe James said something to the extent that no one had ever suspected they were a couple or that they weren't a couple or something to that extent...anyone remember the exact quote?

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
  • May:"And we thought you two were a sweet old couple!"
    Jessie:"Nobody's ever said were old"
    James:"And certainly not a couple"

There you are. The final nail in Rocketshipping's coffin.

Kitty17794

disney devoted. disney owned.
    Years
  • I saw the ep, and I heard it. I think that while they arent a couple yet, they will end up that way. I mean, they hang out together ALL the time. You cant do that and not fall in love

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
  • Oh yes you can. I've been hanging out with a particularly fine-looking female specimen for a while now and I have yet to feel anything remotely romantic towards her.

The King of Water Pokemon

Admiring my Avatar
    Years
  • The Adamant Dodger said:
    Personally, I don't think they are. I'm able to admit that they're great friends, but a couple? No. James. Is. Gay. I'd like to first cite the Flaming Moltres episode first off. Don't tell me a normal man would wear that. Second, note his love of cross dressing, although it has not been seen in a while. He loves the cross dressing. I the manga I'm willing to admit that they're romantically involved, but in the show? No. He has an abiding love of theatre and modern dance, stereotypically gay grounds for men. But what is a cartoon if not stereotypical? As for the whole "Sweetheart" thing, I know no straight man who calls those he's romantically involved with "sweetheart." I'd go on, but I'm lazy right now. I reiterate my point that James. Is. Gay.

There's nothing wrong with James being a crossdress or gay(even though he isn't). Sure, he's a little gay-acting, but so am I. I'm definitely not the straightest guy either. It's a kids show. Little kids aren't very informed about the homosexual culture. Little children would not understand the concept of that. They see a guy in a dress and laugh. They don't think into it too deeply. Also, besides Ash and Misty, there is no romance.(Excluding Brock's antics). So, please, don't say he's gay, unless he just comes out and says it. By the way, when he said that they certainly weren't a couple, maybe there just too good of friends to be a couple.

Goodness, I hate when people insinuate a person is gay that person saying he/she is.

Rose Flame

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2004
    I think J&J make a cute, if not unique, couple. Them getting together would really mix things up. There are tons of hints throughout the series for it AND against it though. I'm really interested to see what happens to them at the end of the series. I read somewhere that, in the Pokemon Housou ep. "Tough Battle! Team Rocket Enter!" James falls in love with this girl named Rose. Don't know for sure if thats true but I hope it isn't! I really think that J&J should end up together! (Although, if you think about it, it does make some poetic sense, you know, James, Rose; just an observation)

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Even though I haven't seen that particular hoso, I'm guessing that, as in the other times that James has fallen in love, something happens that keeps him from having a prolonged romance with anyone, as in the Ghost of Maiden's Peak (there are other examples but it would take a while for me to think of them...) Jessie and James would make a great couple together, but unfortunately there are more hints against them being in love than for...I just think it's a professional relationship that they share, but they can get a bit melodramatic with each other at times, as in Pokemon Shipwreck when they clasped each others' hands and spoke something poetic to each other because they thought they were going to die...they're dramatic people.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • I know no straight man who calls those he's romantically involved with "sweetheart." I'd go on, but I'm lazy right now. I reiterate my point that James. Is. Gay.

Han Solo calls Princess Leia "sweetheart" all the time....and he is anything but homosexual...

Personally, I could go either way with the Jessie/James thing. Certainly, there is a lot of evidence to go either way. I am a hopeless romantic at heart, however, so I would have to go with saying that they should/could be a couple.

aaaaaa

I don't know a single gay guy who crossdresses, and I know quite a few straight guys who do.
    Can you blame 'em? Our clothes just rock on so many levels :P

Rose Flame

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2004
    james+rose

According to what I've read, in that episode where James falls in love with Rose, he wanted to stay with her but is forced to leave by Jessie and Mewoth (It's that one where Team Rocket save a town from a robot). But at the beginning and end of the episode, we see TR in a video editting room, watching it along with us (this is info I just found out by looking at some pictures off of a german website). So I'm thinking that it may be one of their dramatic fantasies, you know? Like those action movies where the big burly guy saves the world from destruction and gets the girl, only, in their version, James gets the girl, but can't keep her because of Jessie and Meowth. In the end, it looks like James is crying on Jessie's shoulder, as a huge sweatdrop appears on her head, as if she's embaressed. Then the screen fuzzes out as if somethings been disconnected (I think done on purpose by the animators) So maybe,(I'm hoping) It doesn't mean anything except that Jessie and James are really good actors! :D (I mean, on the show of course).

Kitty17794

disney devoted. disney owned.
    Years
  • I just watched "Meowth Rules" episode on tv. Lots of sweetness there ^_^

I truly think Jessie and James will be a couple. One of my friends thought they had a son in the japanese version (dont know if thats true....doubt it...since we wouldnt be having this convo then...) and another friend said something about "I wish the show would end like the manga for TR" and I have no idea what that means...

Rose Flame

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2004
    Mondo?

Kitty17794 said:
    I just watched "Meowth Rules" episode on tv. Lots of sweetness there ^_^

I truly think Jessie and James will be a couple. One of my friends thought they had a son in the japanese version (dont know if thats true....doubt it...since we wouldnt be having this convo then...) and another friend said something about "I wish the show would end like the manga for TR" and I have no idea what that means...

Yeah, thats a really sweet episode. I'm not an expert on the japanese version or anything, but I read that thing about Jessie and James having a son on a website too, under a rumours and news section. I think that the webmaster said that that rumour was false. Your friend might have been referring to Mondo, their assistant. I really hope he's not their son, because he allegedly has a HUGE crush on Jessie. As of right now, I think he only appears in the radio drama, "It's a white tomarro". You can find a synopsis or a translation, or something like that of it at Serebii.net. But, then again, maybe they'll have a son in the future? And did you know that, in the last page of the manga, there's a picture of TR in the future? Jessie's sitting in a chair, and James is leaning on her shoulders, holding her hand. Both of them sporting what seems to be wedding rings; And Jessie's pregnant. Meowths also in the background. :D

Back