• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Johto Journey Journal - Share Your HG/SS Travelling Stories‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
    I am at Mt. Mortar and my current Pokemon are:
    Lv. 25 Quilava
    Lv. 20 Quagsire
    Lv. 20 Bellsprout

I think I should get a Magnemite...

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    Well, now I'm up to Mt. Silver. Let me tell you the awesome thing that happened. I entered Mt. Silver and climbed the rocks up to the cave that leads outside. I was trying to scale the mountain, but it was taking too long, so I decided to choose an alternate route. There was a huge waterfall at the entrance, and I decided to scale it. After doing so, it led me through several caves and tunnels. Finally, I reached this huge crater-like place, and in the middle of the crater, guess what I saw. A Moltres. Yes, a Moltres. Just sitting there! I mean, I knew it was in Mt. Silver, but I wasn't expecting it to be there specifically. It was only lv50, and right now, I'm trying to catch it. I think I'll go and stock up some Timer balls, Ultra balls and Premier balls, because I want to kick my Pidgeot out of my team and Zapdos still needs to appear at the Power Plant.

btw, Serebii lied about the three legendary birds being at lv60. They're only at lv50 each. :O

Okay, I may as well tell you guys my team, then. :3
    -Feraligatr lv51
    -Gyarados lv50
    -Lugia lv53
    -Pidgeot lv43
    -Dragonair lv45
    -Furret lv26

I'm thinking of going into competitive battling after I'm done with Red. I'll train my Pokemon to lv100 and own your asses. I'll just kick Furret out and replace it with a Zapdos and I may try to squeeze in a Tyranitar somewhere, but I don't know what Pokemon to replace with it. Help anyone? :3

Last edited:

Allen K.

At least!
    Years
    Well, now I'm up to Mt. Silver. Let me tell you the awesome thing that happened. I entered Mt. Silver and climbed the rocks up to the cave that leads outside. I was trying to scale the mountain, but it was taking too long, so I decided to choose an alternate route. There was a huge waterfall at the entrance, and I decided to scale it. After doing so, it led me through several caves and tunnels. Finally, I reached this huge crater-like place, and in the middle of the crater, guess what I saw. A Moltres. Yes, a Moltres. Just sitting there! I mean, I knew it was in Mt. Silver, but I wasn't expecting it to be there specifically. It was only lv50, and right now, I'm trying to catch it. I think I'll go and stock up some Timer balls, Ultra balls and Premier balls, because I want to kick my Pidgeot out of my team and Zapdos still needs to appear at the Power Plant.

btw, Serebii lied about the three legendary birds being at lv60. They're only at lv50 each. :O

Okay, I may as well tell you guys my team, then. :3
    -Feraligatr lv51
    -Gyarados lv50
    -Lugia lv53
    -Pidgeot lv43
    -Dragonair lv45
    -Furret lv26

I'm thinking of going into competitive battling after I'm done with Red. I'll train my Pokemon to lv100 and own your asses. I'll just kick Furret out and replace it with a Zapdos and I may try to squeeze in a Tyranitar somewhere, but I don't know what Pokemon to replace with it. Help anyone? :3

"competitive battling" so kick the legends out.
    "Help anyone?" not having 4 out of 6 pokemon in your team weak to electricity.

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
    I ran into Entei 2x I just beat Claire and now I'm about to fight Lugia. All of my Pokemon average a level to 33. My scyther killed Morty and Chuck hands down.

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Lost to the Elite 4 again, this time i got past Bruno and lost to Karen's Umbreon (had already defeated Weaville and Spiritomb), i'm going to try again soon, i will be buying more hyper potions and revives

Team is the same as before, i know that Mamoswine is now Lv64 and Typhlosion is Lv63 i think, i'm not on my ds right now and am trying to save its power for when i get back.

Years
    Lost to the Elite 4 again, this time i got past Bruno and lost to Karen's Umbreon (had already defeated Weaville and Spiritomb), i'm going to try again soon, i will be buying more hyper potions and revives

Team is the same as before, i know that Mamoswine is now Lv64 and Typhlosion is Lv63 i think, i'm not on my ds right now and am trying to save its power for when i get back.
    sounds like a good team, maybe if you spoke of what they were people'd be able to devise a strategy for you? (best done on the questions & answers thread)

totally just pwned the elite four... only had to use 1 full restore. :shocked:
    party is in sig

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    sounds like a good team, maybe if you spoke of what they were people'd be able to devise a strategy for you? (best done on the questions & answers thread)

totally just pwned the elite four... only had to use 1 full restore. :shocked:
    party is in sig

Thanks, i just beat the E4, i just bought a lot of revives and hyper potions, i still need to do alot of training for Red though, this is what i was battling the elite 4 for, Mamoswine, Gallade and Luxray all gained about 8 levels just battling the Elite 4 over and over again, i'm going back to mt.silver now to train Wailord , Skarmory and Typhlosion, then i'll train them all to level 70-75

My Team:

Typhlosion Lv65
    Wailord Lv63
    Mamoswine Lv67
    Skarmory Lv62
    Gallade Lv66
    Luxray Lv67

Last edited:
    Years
    Typhlosion Lv65
    Wailord Lv63
    Mamoswine Lv67
    Skarmory Lv62
    Gallade Lv66
    Luxray Lv67
    Hmm, how are you going to beat Pikachu? Do you have a rock/ground type move?
    You'll also need a power move for the Snorlax, i.e. Giga Impact or something. (I used crush claw about three times because it lowers defense as well as does damage).
    And how are you going to beat the lapras? As far as I can see all your pokemon are weak against water/ice except for gallade (not sure about luxray, but I don't think it's that great in the special defence department)... the same thing goes against blastoise.
    As far as Venesaur and Charizard, you're all set.

kazuya.

Ev'rybody Alright!
    Years
    I've just beaten Red. He's still as quiet as ever. C'mon I climbed all the way up here and you don't even bother to say something to me!? >=[

By the way Mt. Silver is much bigger than before - I was worried about getting lost in the dungeon but luckily it is not that hard to locate Red. At first I went into the wrong way and unexpectedly capture the Moltres.

So my final team is:

Natsuya (Typhlosion)
    Akihito (Furret): He's pretty fun 'cause he has all the elemental punches and shadow claw. (^_^)
    Kaiyou (Lapras)
    Shingo (Ampharos)
    Ryuta (Dragonite)
    Hayate (Pidgeot)

Naruto456910

Sareo Yukimura, The Original..
    Years
    Pokemon Heart Gold

I finally figured out how to fight Blaine thanks to TheDoctor.

My current team:

Typhlosion lvl 68
    Scizor lvl 52
    Pidgeot lvl 50
    Victreebell lvl 51
    Snorlax lvl 51
    Gengar lvl 50

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Just beaten the Elite 4 again, i'm going to to see if i can unlock gym leader rematches, i know i can at least get Falkner's unlocked according to Serebii

My Team:

Typhlosion Lv67
    Wailord Lv66
    Mamoswine Lv70
    Gallade Lv69
    Luxray Lv70
    Skarmory Lv68

humanking

Old School Fan
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2010
    you need to go see them at a certain day at a certain place so they give you their numbers, then you have to call them at another specific moment and they'll be at the saffron dojo. (i think)
    but if you play on emulator jsut play with your computer's date and time and you can call them all today!

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Hmm, how are you going to beat Pikachu? Do you have a rock/ground type move?
    You'll also need a power move for the Snorlax, i.e. Giga Impact or something. (I used crush claw about three times because it lowers defense as well as does damage).
    And how are you going to beat the lapras? As far as I can see all your pokemon are weak against water/ice except for gallade (not sure about luxray, but I don't think it's that great in the special defence department)... the same thing goes against blastoise.
    As far as Venesaur and Charizard, you're all set.

My Mamoswine knows Earthquake, Stone Edge, Ice Beam and Ice Fang, My Gallade knows Drain Punch, i will see if i can teach it Giga Impact, I've checked what Lapras is weak to (Electric, Rock, Grass, Fighting 2x) and my pokemon know those moves, Blastoise i will teach Rain Dance to another pokemon, then if it gets knocked out i can switch to Luxray and use Thunder, Venusaur was easy the last time i battled Red thanks to the Hail effect, plus my Typhlosion burnt it, i used a few hyper potions and waited for Hail + Burn to knock it out, Charizard was fairly easy too.

Progress: Currently making my way to the second area of Silver Cave where the pokemon are level 40-50, Training my Skarmory, Typhlosion, Wailord and Gallade to Level 70. Just taught Gallade Giga Impact

My Team:

Typhlosion Lv68 [Rock Climb, Sunny Day, Flamethrower, Overheat]
    Wailord Lv67 [Surf, Water Spout, Hydro Pump, Rain Dance]
    Mamoswine Lv70 [Ice Beam, Ice Fang, Earthquake, Stone Edge]
    Gallade Lv69 [Focus Blast, Psychic, Drain Punch, Giga Impact]
    Luxray Lv70 [Thunderbolt, Thunder, Discharge, Rain Dance]
    Skarmory Lv68 [Flash Cannon, Fly, Air Slash, Dark Pulse]

Update: Just defeated Red, His Pikachu and Lapras were the easiest (Pikachu OHKOed by Earthquake, Lapras 2HKOed by Thunder), once the creadits finish i'm going to do the things that have been unlocked (e.g. Hoenn and Kanto starters) and obtain the legendary pokemon such as Zapdos, Articuno etc

Team Changes:

Luxray grew to Lv71, Wailord grew to Lv68

Last edited:

Sasuke.

Hope | Less
    Years
    Hunting down Entei. [Edit; LOL ONE ULTRA BALL AFTER HYPNOSIS WIN! xD/ Time for Raikou]
    Kinda hesitant in fighting the E4. Gonna take it slow.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010
    Ok, well I just found out that Pokemon heart gold and soul silver were on the net 2 days ago. So I snagged it. I'm playing soul silver. I was strictly using Japanese without any patches. I figured out my way around and got the egg (couldn't read jap so I didn't know I had it till i was fiddling in menus and saw a egg >.>) I delivered it to elm and tried to leave the town and the girl stopped me to demonstrate how to catch a Pokemon and it... FROZE! I WAS FURIOUS! I didn't save cause I didn't know how >.>
    So I searched on the net and went through a lot of patches and finally found one that would work. I'm playing it on a AK2 and I'm using a partially English translation (Menus and items translated) and a non-freeze patch. SO far I haven't encountered a freeze, but I save after every battle, which gets highly annoying cause I never save games until I'm done with them for the sit down.
    Enough about the bad things that's happened. So far I've chosen cyndaquil as my starter and its lvl 9 Ive caught a hoot-hoot at level 4, I've caught a rattata at lvl 4 and its currently at lvl 6. I started this game last night and the only thing around was hoot-hoots and rattatas which is highly annoying >.> cant wait to play today :D Oh and im at Rout 31 in front of a cave, which I have no idea what it is cause I cant read Jap :/

Sasuke.

Hope | Less
    Years
    Ok, well I just found out that Pokemon heart gold and soul silver were on the net 2 days ago. So I snagged it. I'm playing soul silver. I was strictly using Japanese without any patches. I figured out my way around and got the egg (couldn't read jap so I didn't know I had it till i was fiddling in menus and saw a egg >.>) I delivered it to elm and tried to leave the town and the girl stopped me to demonstrate how to catch a Pokemon and it... FROZE! I WAS FURIOUS! I didn't save cause I didn't know how >.>
    So I searched on the net and went through a lot of patches and finally found one that would work. I'm playing it on a AK2 and I'm using a partially English translation (Menus and items translated) and a non-freeze patch. SO far I haven't encountered a freeze, but I save after every battle, which gets highly annoying cause I never save games until I'm done with them for the sit down.
    Enough about the bad things that's happened. So far I've chosen cyndaquil as my starter and its lvl 9 Ive caught a hoot-hoot at level 4, I've caught a rattata at lvl 4 and its currently at lvl 6. I started this game last night and the only thing around was hoot-hoots and rattatas which is highly annoying >.> cant wait to play today :D Oh and im at Rout 31 in front of a cave, which I have no idea what it is cause I cant read Jap :/

That's Dark Cave.
    And You can try this for a better patch.

Journal:
    Rt.27. God I love the music. Can't wait for the English version when the guy is like.
    "Do you know what you just did? You just took your first step in Kanto!" <333
    Edit[5:49]
    Dudeeee, they redesigned this place. :O

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010
    He says its for no$gba, Im using it on Acekard 2. :/ I will attempt it and back up my save file just in case :) thanks, Ill let yall know how it goes

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Since my last post, I reached Kanto. My teams levels are a bit low, So I decided to go after Janine's badge first.(She has the lowest levels) Also I finished the machine part quest and got the magnet train working(The magnet train theme sounds awesome, by the way)

Now I'm going to see if I can find someone who'll trade me a Kingdra.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back