• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Johto Journey Journal - Share Your HG/SS Travelling Stories‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainflower

분홍신
Years
  • I dunno why people like Mareep line on their team lol , as it isnt strong and fast like Raikou ..

you would be lucky if you got Timid Cyndaquil xD , since Quiet raises the Special Attack and Lowers Speed lol
    heheh, i want raikou of course, but it keeps running away ;o;
    and for good electric-type pokemon, all i can found is only mareep line at this point. i want pikachu or elekid line though. xD

i dunno why i often got quiet natured. i have a quiet vulpix and a quiet togepi on my SS. xD
    and so many typos on my last post! xD

my mareep's nature is lonely, anyways.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010

*looks at you and wonders why you haven't realized yet that most people do not like legendaries being on their team*

Anyways...

Right now I am training my new Shiny Tentacool to replace Gyarados.

although its a Legendary Pokemon , but that doesnt mean its really powerful , its rather slower than Jolteon ... take an example of Entei being a Legendary , its suck in the competitive battling due to it having Fire Fang the strongest Physical STAB in its Movepool lol .(sorry If I talked competitively , im a competitive battler lol )

Gyarados > Tentacool , really after you get Dragon Dance on your Gyarados , nothing can stop you >=)

heheh, i want raikou of course, but it keeps running away ;o;
    and for good electric-type pokemon, all i can found is only mareep line at this point. i want pikachu or elekid line though. xD

i dunno why i often got quiet natured. i have a quiet vulpix and a quiet togepi on my SS. xD
    and so many typos on my last post! xD

my mareep's nature is lonely, anyways.

lol , if you wanna know what does this nature do , in past in RSE/FRLG and DPPt it was hard to identify without the help of the websites , now HGSS improved something to indicate you what does this nature do to your pokemon stat , if you took a look at your mareep , it has its attack bolded with brown and its Defence bolded with light blue , you will say " what does that means "? .

It means Lonely nature Increases your pokemon's Attack while lowering its Defence , every nature increases one stat and lowers one stat . but some natures like Quirky and Docile does nothing to your pokemon stat .

I guess this helped you =D

Last edited:

Rainflower

분홍신
    Years
  • thanks for your help. x3 well, pokemon's nature for me is sort of unexpected, you don't know what will you catch.. but i like neutral nature such as quirky better. xD

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    to me , its damn important to me xD , the neutral natures can be good for not lowering a stat , some pokemon like Gastly doesnt care if its attack stat got lowered because its attack is actually low XD

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    although its a Legendary Pokemon , but that doesnt mean its really powerful , its rather slower than Jolteon ... take an example of Entei being a Legendary , its suck in the competitive battling due to it having Fire Fang the strongest Physical STAB in its Movepool lol .(sorry If I talked competitively , im a competitive battler lol )

Gyarados > Tentacool , really after you get Dragon Dance on your Gyarados , nothing can stop you >=)
    Always Shiny Gyarados < Rare Shiny Tentacool

And, I never said they didn't like it because it was an uber Pokemon. I said they didn't like it because it's a legendary which implies nothing about stats.

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    I wonder if someone would get a hooked Lv.40 Shiny Gyarados ? lol

its anyone's opinion on which pokemon they add on their team , whether its weak or strong

Steeldude

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • I changed my planned team a little bit. I won't have neither Umbreon nor Hitmonlee, but Forretress (finally a STEEL type) and Dugtrio (against electricity).

Pokémon: Pineco (20), Slowpoke (25), Crobat (25), Quilava (26), Flaaffy (26)
    Badges: 4
    Main Quest: Fun in Cianwood City -> defeat Chuck, get the Secretpotion (At least I hope I'll get it there ...), explore new area (Ya know what I mean ;)), catch a Diglett and maybe more... :)

Progress 01: I managed to reach Cianwood.

Pokémon: Pineco (23), Slowpoke (28), Quilava (28), Crobat (29), Flaaffy (29)
    Badges: 4
    Main Quest: Defeat the GYM, catch a Diglett in the new area

Progress 02:
    Damn, why can't I go to the new area??? Now where can I found pure GROUND type? Oh ...
    Pokémon: Pineco (25), Quilava (30), Slowpoke (30), Crobat (30), Ampharos (30)
    Badges: 5
    Main Quest: Level up a little, get a GROUND type!!!

Last edited:

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • Here's what I did today
    -Caught Red Gyarados
    -Defeated the Rocket HQ thing under the shop
    -Beat Pryce
    -I am currently in the Radio Tower

Team
    -Croc (Feraligatr) level 35
    -Toro (Blaziken) level 40
    -Nite (Dragonair) level 32
    -Rocky(Onix) level 30
    -Volts (Amphorus) level 35
    -Eev (Eevee) level 8 holding a soothe bell to raise it's friendship to evole into an Espeon.

SpiderJames

PSY!!!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2012
    Im walking in Route 42, I shouldnt even be their, I havent even beaten the 4th gym yet, I just thought Id take some time to explore and catch a few new pokemon.

Well, Im in a patch of grass and a wild Pokemon appears, no biggie, except.... it was ENTEI!!!!!! My highest level pokemon is my Quilava at 26, so I panic, should I attack? no hell flee. switch pokemon and then try to attack? No hell flee. So I remember I got a Fast Ball from Kurt, and I try it out, the ball wobbles not once, but twice! and then he broke out and ran off.

I literally crapped myself that I saw him that early. It could be another year til one of them pops up again :(

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Im walking in Route 42, I shouldnt even be their, I havent even beaten the 4th gym yet, I just thought Id take some time to explore and catch a few new pokemon.

Well, Im in a patch of grass and a wild Pokemon appears, no biggie, except.... it was ENTEI!!!!!! My highest level pokemon is my Quilava at 26, so I panic, should I attack? no hell flee. switch pokemon and then try to attack? No hell flee. So I remember I got a Fast Ball from Kurt, and I try it out, the ball wobbles not once, but twice! and then he broke out and ran off.

I literally crapped myself that I saw him that early. It could be another year til one of them pops up again :(

Yeah, I was quite surprised when I saw mine early as well. Literally 30 minutes after activating them, I had found one in battle. My ball didn't shake at all though. :P

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    Just beat Johto E4, but it doesn't feel as fulfilling as it would have if I still had my old team. DD: Should have kept Umbreon with me too.

Off to Kanto.

I WANT MY OLD KEY ITEMS BACK DDDD:

Years
  • Just beat Johto E4, but it doesn't feel as fulfilling as it would have if I still had my old team. DD: Should have kept Umbreon with me too.

Off to Kanto.

I WANT MY OLD KEY ITEMS BACK DDDD:

Did you use Pokesav? Tut Tut. :3

My brother is stuck at Morty... he's been playing for ages... :|
    I had to battle him 3 times though... So i'm not much better... :3

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    Did you use Pokesav? Tut Tut. :3

My brother is stuck at Morty... he's been playing for ages... :|
    I had to battle him 3 times though... So i'm not much better... :3

What? I thought Pokesav would be useful. And it is. For items. Not key items. DD: Anyways, I dun care. 'least I can still play the game (even though I can't do things like pick berries, enter the Pokethlon and I don't have my Pal Pad... lolz)

Morty? He was so easy for me. Bugsy and Whitney were the annoying ones. Ahh, what a Feraligatr can do when used properly.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I dunno if this is considered SPAM, but...
    Could you guys all stop posting? You're making me incredibly jealous. It'd be great if you could all just stop talking about HG and SS until it comes out here in Europe.
    Regards,
    Giradialkia.
    (=D)
    No, they shouldn't. If they have the game, why should they not talk about it? If you don't want to become jealous of it because you want to wait for over half a year, then just don't read about the happiness of others. =P

As a side note, beating Red with a team about 30+ levels lower than the majority of Red's team makes for an epic stall match of fun.
    Well, Im in a patch of grass and a wild Pokemon appears, no biggie, except.... it was ENTEI!!!!!!
    Pfft. I encountered Entei while Surfing. XD Was amusing.

Also when I encountered Raikou, with a team of under level-30s, I threw an Ultra Ball at him for fun... and caught it. XD Didn't bother replacing Ampharos with him though, wouldn't be as fun going with such an over-levelled Pokemon about even if it is Raikou.

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023

Also when I encountered Raikou, with a team of under level-30s, I threw an Ultra Ball at him for fun... and caught it. XD Didn't bother replacing Ampharos with him though, wouldn't be as fun going with such an over-levelled Pokemon about even if it is Raikou.

Surfing? lolwut And I thought Gamefreak would think of things like that...

OMG I HAET YOU. I'm looking for Entei and Raikou right now, and it's hard. D: My stupid Gastly is pretty useless since it's level 20, and I don't feel like leveling up my Umbreon for Mean Look. I remember that I trained some Sableye to level 45 and caught Latias... such an annoyance.

Wow, aren't you lucky. lol I'm still running after Raikou like an idiot.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Why does looking for Raikou make you an idiot? :P

In that case, I suppose I'm an idiot too, haha.

Well, I haven't posted in this thread for a while, and seeing as how it's my thread, here goes nothin.

I just finished off Brock, evolved my Vileplume (Finally got my Leaf Stone ._.), and caught Entei.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Must...start.....posting....in...this...thread...ALOT!

Well, I just defeated Morty, kinda easy, but his Gengar is a pain in the butt. ;; Thanks to my Quilava's SUPER ULTRA BLAZE CRITICAL HIT FIRE BLAST I was able to beat it, yay!(And his HP was even full. xD)

Oh, I really want a Moon stone to evolve Nidorino. ;-; But I can't seem to find any. D8

lulz, now that is funny.
    Heh, I encountered Entei too, but sadly, I couldn't catch it. ;~;

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm back play SS now (i got hooked on Scriblenauts since it came out) but im back on SS now and i just beat Morty is was a pretty fun battle Pidgeotto and Croconaw were the MVPs (Most Valuable Pokes) of the battle Pidgeotto took out Morty's Gastly and one of his Haunters then got KOed by Gengar then Croconaw pwnd Genger and his last Haunter with Bite I'll train up my Vulpix some more then head to hte next gym

Rainflower

분홍신
    Years
  • - finally eevee evolved into espeon at level 22. xD taught the shadow ball. quite effective despite it's a psychic type.
    - encountered raikou for two times, but cannot do anything beside let it go.
    - went through the cave next to ecruteak and surprisingly arrived on mahogany town! ;o (idk, i don't pay attention to maps much.)
    - arrived to the lake of rage (flood area) and managed to capture red gyarados with great ball. almost failed, due to ampharos's thunderpunch..
    - OMG, lance! finally i met him. xD his dragonite sounds like kotone/hibiki's marill.. tagging him everywhere. xD

sudden_hit

The Chikorita lover :]
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    On my way too Violet city, just got taught how to catch a pokemon!

Totodile level 10

Probably going to catch a sentret and perhaps a pidgey. (:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back