• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Johto starters

Choose a starter!

• Chikorita

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • Totodile

Votes: 17 37.0%

• Total voters

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
    Years
    As a kid I loved totodile and picked him. I love the 3 of them though. I voted for totodile because he was my childhood favourite. I can't pick a fav out of the 3. I've used all starters multiple times.

sonic65101

Johto Champion
    Years
    Cyndaquil was my Starter. I've always chosen Fire-Type Starters, except in Pokemon White Version, where I chose Oshawott.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    In my first play throughs on each I took Totodile for Gold, Cyndaquil for Silver and Chikorita for Crystal. But then after I beat the games with those files I erased my Silver and Crystal files and chose Totodile since it's the best. :) and I'm really biased towards water and dragon types.

Years
    I think i used to always go with Fire type for first playthrough because that "feel" the most canon and they aren't as common to come by.

But i usually always favor the water type of every gen. Feraligator is pretty boss.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
    I've used them all throughout my life but my first was Chikorita! I was ecstatic the first time I saw it. It was so cute, and I couldn't wait to use it! I loved it's big shiny eyes.
    Even now, Chikorita is one of my favorite starters.

Back