• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Johto's New League OOC

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    Quick question: where do the pokemon go if we put them in 'boxes'. Do they just go back to Prof. Acacia?

Doctor Who

Saving the earth with a bowtie
    Years
    Alright, I'm definitely NOT about to let this role-play die, so this is what's going to happen.

Over the next three days I want everyone who is still in the roleplay to comment here and tell me so, who doesn't do that is OUT. Their spots will be opened for others.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    And I'm itching like crazy to actually sign up. Even though this RP might be a little more time consuming than others, since you have to write loooong posts...

Doctor Who

Years
    Alright, that's really too bad Psycho, I hope you'll be able to keep up! I do know OCTs can be evil D: But it's great to know the both of you are still here!

Doctor Who

Years
    Pffffft copy/pasting FAIL thank you for pointing that out D:

Anway it seems that just you and Feign are left *sigh* Well I suppose there's lots of spots open!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    A SPOT OPEN AND I CAN'T RESIST ANYMORE. I'll post an SU shortly, pweease researrrve me :3

What are the starters to choose from?

EDIT: Sneasel is my pick if that's ok.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Will finish SU today. EDIT: I think I'm done~

Name: Maya Hino

Appearance: Maya is a rather curvy (not at all fat though) average height girl. The first thing you notice is probably her hair; it's black, almost purple shining, and curly and almost always put up into some kind of interesting knot, or the long fringe is held back by a couple of clips at the back of the head. If that's not the first thing you notice, then perhaps it's her dark brown skin, her big lips or bright smile showing all her teeth or her huge eyelashes. Maya uses mascara, but she will soon notice that it's quite the bother when you're traveling the countryside without much clean water to wash yourself in.

Her clothing is usually comprised by shorts, purple or dark blue, bare legs and a big pair of white sneakers. These will probably become a bit messy... very soon. On her upper body, she usually wears a tight t-shirt or tube top when she can, usually a bright, cheerful color like white or yellow. When it gets a bit colder, she puts on a bright gray zip-hood and when that doesn't cut it, she puts on her black, rather thick raincoat, which is very neatly curled up inside her backpack most of the time.

She wears a big watch, almost a bit manly, on her left wrist. On her right arm, she wears a golden (not real gold) bracelet which is said to be from her mother. Other than that, she wears 2 golden rings (real gold! but don't tell anybody) in both of her ears, meaning 4 rings total.

Personality: (read history for all this to make sense) For being the oldest in a family of 5 siblings, her approach on things is awfully light. When faced with a problem, her motherly instincts sure do kick in - she want to protect as many as possible - but the past couple of years has made her a bit more selfish and maybe even a litttttle bit greedy. The money she has earned, she has been wanting to keep for herself, at least part of it. There is a constant battle within her between the kind part of her that wants to do what is right, and the part of her that says there should be nothing wrong with doing what serves you the best.

She smiles a lot, flashing all her bright teeth. She usually is pretty happy, especially since she got the opportunity to become a real pokémon trainer. She had always dreamed of doing something greater! But at the same time, she is feeling guilty about leaving her family in Goldenrod. She tries to push away the guilt by saying it's for their sake as well that she's doing this. If she will earn money on her journey, she will send it home... for sure.

She is cheerful when meeting new people and has a firm handshake. She might even come off as a little loud and burly. She isn't the one to mourn or mope around, but when she is alone she can actually be staring out into the distance sometimes... wondering what things would be like if her mother was still alive.

History: Maya is the oldest sister in a rather poor family of 5 siblings. Her younger brother, Kohaku, is 12 and her sisters are 9, 8 and 6. Their father is working hard in the basement of the Goldenrod Dept. Store every day and sometimes at night, to bring in enough money to feed the family, who is living in an apartment in the southern part of the City. Maya has been working part-time for several years now in the Flower Shop, to help bring in money, and Kohaku has just started working part-time as a cleaner in the Game Corner, where he actually earns a lot but has to work hard. By contrast, Maya doesn't really earn a lot in the Flower Shop even though she has been working there for some time now, but she enjoys it and is friends with the owning sisters.

Growing up being not as wealthy as others in the Goldenrod metropolis wasn't easy. Sometimes Maya was teased but she learned to response jokingly to all teasing and finally people respected (or feared) her even though she wasn't wearing the most fancy clothing or having much to eat every day. She had to protect her brother from bullies from times to times, as he isn't really as strong-minded and rough as Maya has learned to be. Maybe that is because she is protecting him... but she could never not do it. Everybody who cares know by now that Maya's younger sisters are related to her, and they are not made fun of. Maya sort of took the hit for the family, though the aftermath has fallen upon Kohaku to bear.

Their mother died when Maya's younger sister was born. Their father was greatly depressed by this and didn't work for a while. But he finally shaped up, with the help of his sister, Maya's aunt, who lives close by with her own family, and grew to completely love his youngest daughter, giving her the name of their mother, Aiko. Maya then took the role of mother in the family, even though she was reluctant in the beginning. She hasn't been having an easy time these past 6 years, none of them have. But their father taught them that as long as they had love, they would be happy, and that was the only thing that really meant something in life.

Starter: Sneasel (I want a shiny, as you got a shiny in my RP... jk jk as long as it's male 8D)

Last edited:

Doctor Who

Years
    Dragonite, as your starter was still available you're back in, please do be sure to remain active though, I don't want to have to shock this roleplay back to life again. You don't have to release the pidgey though, not unless you want to of course.

RHCP, you're very much accepted, I'm really liking Maya's character and am looking forward to seeing her in action! As for the shiny Sneasel, fair's fair I suppose, but it'll be your only shiny too ;)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    For real? I honestly thought you would shake your head and sigh :) Thank you very much, because Sneasel's shiny version looks so weird that it's epic:
    Johto's New League OOC
    Johto's New League OOC

I'm so making him gay <3

Should I start in New Bark? I think I'll be able to catch up.

Doctor Who

Years
    Oh gods, you making him gay would definitely make it soooo worth it xD

I just realized I'd forgotten to ask you. It's your choice, if you want to you could start at Cherrygrove but if you think you could handle it you can start from New Bark as well.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Where are the others? I didn't spot a Violet post (might have missed it though) so I guess they are on their way there? I think I can manage :) I don't want to skip a part of Maya and Gaysel's journey. Omgosh, scratch that, I can't name him that >.<

Doctor Who

Years
    Hm, well the "others" is a muddled term at the moment but I've done chapters up until the last route before Violet. Dragonite194 just posted on that route though I've got a feeling she'll do another on that route and Zeph. also did a post for that route while PsychoJiggly's just about to enter the latest chapter.

I'm probably going to post the Violet City chapter either today or tomorrow.

Edit: Oh gosh, I just read the Gaysel part and snort xD
    And Zeph, looking forward to that post, your posts are unfailingly awesome.

dragonite149

I am not male
    Years
    Doctor Who, I'm Dragonite149, not Dragonite194! Anyway, I'm glad I'm back in. I'll probably be making another post today, to make up for inactivity.

Also, I will do another few posts on that route. Next post will be a battle against Onix, then the post after that will be coming near Violet City.

@Zeph
    The last two sentences of your last post made me LOL.

Back